Heirs and the Imbued!

Baaliprimogen

Feb 10, 2010, 4:37:49 PM2/10/10
Hi
Just wondering how some of the new cards correspond with the Imbued!

Card 1: Pressing Flesh
thn: choose a ally that's been burned. Move it to the ready region
with this card and it's starting life. It get's -1 bleed, fortitude
and is a zombie (simplified)

Question: If one of my imbueds gets burned. And i use PF to make him a
Zombie. Does he keep his Imbued status? Does he keep his creed and
virtues? May he gain Convictions?

Card 2: Dagger
Bla bla bla... strike: strength ranged and, after strike res, put this
card out of play until end of action.

If you use cleave (below) on Dagger. May you surpass the the effect of
burning the dagger with cleave, because of the dagger being out of
play? This may also be related to Baal's Bloody Talons.

**************

Cleave
Type: Combat
Requires: Vengeance
Choose a melee weapon this imbued has or spend 1 conviction to put
this card on this imbued to represent a melee weapon that does
strength damage each strike. This melee weapon inflicts +1 additional
damage this action. If the opposing minion is (or becomes) immune to
non-aggravated damage, he or she loses that immunity for handling
damage from this weapon. Burn the melee weapon at the end of the
action.

Baal's Bloody Talons
Type: Combat
Requires: Quietus
Cost: 1 blood
Only usable before resolution of a melee weapon's strike.
[qui] The damage from this weapon's strikes is aggravated. Burn this
weapon at the end of this round.
[QUI] As above, and this weapon inflicts an additional aggravated
damage each strike

Sim

Feb 10, 2010, 5:35:00 PM2/10/10
> Card 1: Pressing Flesh
> thn: choose a ally that's been burned. Move it to the ready region
> with this card and it's starting life. It get's -1 bleed, fortitude
> and is a zombie (simplified)
>
> Question: If one of my imbueds gets burned. And i use PF to make him a
> Zombie. Does he keep his Imbued status? Does he keep his creed and
> virtues? May he gain Convictions?

He is no longer Imbued, he is a zombie.

Creed and Virtues should stay.

Gain conviction, no reason they would.

> Card 2: Dagger
> Bla bla bla... strike: strength ranged and, after strike res, put this
> card out of play until end of action.
>
> If you use cleave (below) on Dagger. May you surpass the the effect of
> burning the dagger with cleave, because of the dagger being out of
> play? This may also be related to Baal's Bloody Talons.

Dagger is still burned but that does mean Cleave can be used at
ranged.

John Flournoy

Feb 10, 2010, 6:19:58 PM2/10/10
On Feb 10, 3:37 pm, Baaliprimogen <vegardki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Just wondering how some of the new cards correspond with the Imbued!
>
> Card 1: Pressing Flesh
> thn: choose a ally that's been burned. Move it to the ready region
> with this card and it's starting life. It get's -1 bleed, fortitude
> and is a zombie (simplified)
>
> Question: If one of my imbueds gets burned. And i use PF to make him a
> Zombie. Does he keep his Imbued status?

Card text: "This ally is a zombie instead of what it used to be."

So, he wouldn't still be an Imbued, since they are a mortal ally by
rulebook definition, and he isn't that anymore.

> Does he keep his creed and virtues?

Sure. He can't gain or use powers (only Imbued can do that), but
technically he'd have the creed and virtues for cards requiring the
control of such

> May he gain Convictions?

Not unless a card can give it to a non-Imbued ally; the default rules
require them to be placed/move to Imbued,

-John Flournoy

Blooded Sand

Feb 10, 2010, 6:49:03 PM2/10/10

Why? Kerrie does not burn when combined with Baal's talons....

Juggernaut1981

Feb 10, 2010, 8:09:25 PM2/10/10
> > > Card 2: Dagger
> > > Bla bla bla... strike: strength ranged and, after strike res, put this
> > > card out of play until end of action.
>
> > > If you use cleave (below) on Dagger. May you surpass the the effect of
> > > burning the dagger with cleave, because of the dagger being out of
> > > play? This may also be related to Baal's Bloody Talons.
>
> > Dagger is still burned but that does mean Cleave can be used at
> > ranged.
>
> Why? Kerrie does not burn when combined with Baal's talons....

Yeah you can sequence the effects to that BBT doesn't find the Dagger/
Kerrie, at the end of the action, then after BBT has gone away you
magically find your Dagger/Kerrie. Don't see why it would work for
Kerrie and not work for Dagger...

More shiney stuff for !Salubris... :D

Brum

Feb 10, 2010, 8:11:05 PM2/10/10
On Feb 10, 9:37 pm, Baaliprimogen <vegardki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Just wondering how some of the new cards correspond with the Imbued!
>
> Card 1: Pressing Flesh
> thn: choose a ally that's been burned. Move it to the ready region
> with this card and it's starting life. It get's -1 bleed, fortitude
> and is a zombie (simplified)
>
> Question: If one of my imbueds gets burned. And i use PF to make him a
> Zombie. Does he keep his Imbued status? Does he keep his creed and
> virtues? May he gain Convictions?
>
> Card 2: Dagger
> Bla bla bla... strike: strength ranged and, after strike res, put this
> card out of play until end of action.
>
> If you use cleave (below) on Dagger. May you surpass the the effect of
> burning the dagger with cleave, because of the dagger being out of
> play? This may also be related to Baal's Bloody Talons.

The "burn weapon" effect of Baal's Bloody Talons kicks in at the end
of the round (before the end of the action) so there is no weapon to
burn, therefore it does not burn.

Cleave and Dagger's "at the end of action" think both kick at the same
time, so I guess you can choose the order.
Am I right people?

Tiago

Baaliprimogen

Feb 11, 2010, 2:36:03 AM2/11/10
On Feb 11, 12:19 am, John Flournoy <carne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 10, 3:37 pm, Baaliprimogen <vegardki...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > Just wondering how some of the new cards correspond with the Imbued!
>
> > Card 1: Pressing Flesh
> > thn: choose a ally that's been burned. Move it to the ready region
> > with this card and it's starting life. It get's -1 bleed, fortitude
> > and is a zombie (simplified)
>
> > Question: If one of my imbueds gets burned. And i use PF to make him a
> > Zombie. Does he keep his Imbued status?
>
> Card text: "This ally is a zombie instead of what it used to be."
>
> So, he wouldn't still be an Imbued, since they are a mortal ally by
> rulebook definition, and he isn't that anymore.

Well he was a imbued human ally. So I would (hope) that only the human
part would change.

But anyway. Leaf would still get her conviction I guess:

Leaf "Potter116" Pankowski
Clan: Imbued (group 4)
Capacity: 4
Powers (Disciplines): inn red vis
During your discard phase, Leaf may tap to gain a conviction from your
library (shuffle afterward), hand or ash heap.

John Flournoy

Feb 11, 2010, 11:01:17 AM2/11/10
On Feb 11, 1:36 am, Baaliprimogen <vegardki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 12:19 am, John Flournoy <carne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 10, 3:37 pm, Baaliprimogen <vegardki...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi
> > > Just wondering how some of the new cards correspond with the Imbued!
>
> > > Card 1: Pressing Flesh
> > > thn: choose a ally that's been burned. Move it to the ready region
> > > with this card and it's starting life. It get's -1 bleed, fortitude
> > > and is a zombie (simplified)
>
> > > Question: If one of my imbueds gets burned. And i use PF to make him a
> > > Zombie. Does he keep his Imbued status?
>
> > Card text: "This ally is a zombie instead of what it used to be."
>
> > So, he wouldn't still be an Imbued, since they are a mortal ally by
> > rulebook definition, and he isn't that anymore.
>
> Well he was a imbued human ally. So I would (hope) that only the human
> part would change.

IANLSJ, but:

From the rules: "Imbued are new crypt cards. An imbued is considered a
mortal ally, not a vampire."

If it was still an imbued, it would by rule still be considered a
mortal ally (and thus not a zombie, and thus not obeying the card.)

There's no such thing as "imbued human ally", nor is "imbued mortal
ally" accurate, because that is saying "mortal ally mortal ally".
Imbued is a specific creature type that also counts as a mortal ally.

So being turned into a zombie by Pressing Flesh overrides (by card
text) the "Imbued" creature type and they no longer count as either
Imbued or as a "mortal ally".

> But anyway. Leaf would still get her conviction I guess:
>
> Leaf "Potter116" Pankowski
> Clan: Imbued (group 4)
> Capacity: 4
> Powers (Disciplines): inn red vis
> During your discard phase, Leaf may tap to gain a conviction from your
> library (shuffle afterward), hand or ash heap.

Yes, she pretty clearly would. It still wouldn't let her use powers,
and she'd no longer have the '5 conviction limit' because that limit
applies only to Imbued. React with Conviction and Second Sight would
be useless because they apply to the Imbued using them (by card text),
but Strike with Conviction would still be usable.

-John Flournoy

LSJ

Feb 11, 2010, 3:59:10 PM2/11/10
to vtes-...@yahoogroups.com
On Feb 10, 5:35 pm, Sim <nex...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Baaliprimogen wrote:
> > Card 1: Pressing Flesh
> > thn: choose a ally that's been burned. Move it to the ready region
> > with this card and it's starting life. It get's -1 bleed, fortitude
> > and is a zombie (simplified)
>
> > Question: If one of my imbueds gets burned. And i use PF to make him a
> > Zombie. Does he keep his Imbued status? Does he keep his creed and
> > virtues? May he gain Convictions?
>
> He is no longer Imbued, he is a zombie.

Correct.

Imbued is a type of mortal ally. Pressing Flesh turns the imbued into
a zombie ally that is not a mortal ally and therefore not an imbued.

> Creed and Virtues should stay.

Hmm. Seems more consistent to say that Creed and Virtues are Imbued-
only just like Clan and Disciplines are vampire-only [RTR 05-JAN-99].

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/48096ea3bc548f68

> Gain conviction, no reason they would.

Correct. [NoR 2]

LSJ