Horrid Reality

Judith Cookson Grunberger

Dec 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/2/95

Should Horrid Reality have an errata to say "weapon" rather then
equipment? It does seem rather silly to be using a laptop in combat...

Judy
--
"All roads lead to Montgomery County. Or at least widen there." -- Tom Madigan
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Algustas

Dec 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/2/95
Hi Judith,

On 2 Dec 1995, Judith Cookson Grunberger wrote:

> Should Horrid Reality have an errata to say "weapon" rather then
> equipment? It does seem rather silly to be using a laptop in combat...

Well, she could use a "vial of Garou blood", does that mean with
superior chimerstry the Vial wouldn't be burned? Tom?
Algustas
*****If God lived on Earth, someone would break his windows.***** Old
Yiddish Proverb

BRADLEY WARD

Dec 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/4/95
: Should Horrid Reality have an errata to say "weapon" rather then
: equipment? It does seem rather silly to be using a laptop in combat...

well there are times I might want a flak jacket, hawg, or vial of
garou blood.

BRAD /\ wa...@nevada.edu |^_.^ _^|. o O (all I did was smoke)
/vvvvvvvvvvvv \-----------------------C\[@]-[@]/)-------, ____
`^^^^^^^^^^^^ /========================| : U .:|=======" / /\
WARD \/ wa...@cs.unlv.edu `.(===):' ( ==/=*~)
\---/ \/____/

Thomas R Wylie

Dec 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/7/95

Horrid Reality only pulls weapons out of the library. Note that the second
half of the card refers to "this weapon" (but tracking both halves of the
text gets annoying, so consider this errata).

Tom Wylie rec.games.trading-cards.* Network Representative for
aa...@cats.ucsc.edu Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

Art Martella

Dec 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/8/95
And as long as we're on the subject...

1) What happens when the first weapon in your library is a unique weapon
that's already in play (e.g., an Ivory Bow, when the other minion in
combat has the 'real' one)?

2) What happens when there are no weapons in your library? (I THINK i
have a Submachine Gun left...) Does the poor Ravnos suffer a creative
lapse and get the two blood refunded, or does it just disappear?

3) What happens if the weapon is burned in combat (just because you made
someone think you torched your Assault Rifle, does it really happen?) or
stolen by the opponent? (Haha! I have your... absolutely nothing!)

Nicole Janine Purvis

Dec 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/12/95
Biomech8 (biom...@aol.com) wrote:
: In article <4airde$6...@darkstar.UCSC.EDU>, aa...@cats.ucsc.edu (Thomas R
: Wylie) writes:

: >
: >If the weapon is no longer in play at end of combat, do not burn it
: >(or shuffle it into your library). Otherwise, it is burned or shuffled
: >as appropriate.

: Does this apply to stolen weapons as well?

: I still haven't seen an answer on the Wooden Stake, does it follow the
: victem to torpor? If not are they still stuck in torpor unable to untap?

I don't know where the Stake would go, as I don't know Horrid Reality,
but I believe Tom [or some other rulesmonger] made a statement a day or
so ago that even if the equipment used to paralyze a vampire is removed
from the paralyzed vampire, the vampire is still paralyzed [unable to
rescue itself]; it must be rescued by another vampire. [Yes, I know
now... VTES doesn't use paralyze... But you can figure it out...]

| "What is a man without the beasts? If the beasts were gone, |
| man would die from a great loneliness of spirit." |
| "Confuse, annoy, and dee-STROY!!" Call me "Nicole" and I |
| npu...@tiger.lsu.edu -- Jet...@aol.com will have to kill you. |

Thomas R Wylie

Dec 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/12/95

Art Martella <amar...@attila.stevens-tech.edu> wrote:
>1) What happens when the first weapon in your library is a unique weapon
>that's already in play (e.g., an Ivory Bow, when the other minion in
>combat has the 'real' one)?

Then the weapon becomes contested for the duration of the combat.
It becomes uncontested during the next appropriate untap phase.

>2) What happens when there are no weapons in your library? (I THINK i
>have a Submachine Gun left...) Does the poor Ravnos suffer a creative
>lapse and get the two blood refunded, or does it just disappear?

Then the 2 blood is wasted. Know your deck :)

>3) What happens if the weapon is burned in combat (just because you made
>someone think you torched your Assault Rifle, does it really happen?) or
>stolen by the opponent? (Haha! I have your... absolutely nothing!)

If the weapon is no longer in play at end of combat, do not burn it

(or shuffle it into your library). Otherwise, it is burned or shuffled
as appropriate.

Biomech8

Dec 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/12/95
Wylie) writes:

>If the weapon is no longer in play at end of combat, do not burn it
>(or shuffle it into your library). Otherwise, it is burned or shuffled
>as appropriate.

Does this apply to stolen weapons as well?

Thomas R Wylie

Dec 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/14/95

Biomech8 <biom...@aol.com> wrote:
>>If the weapon is no longer in play at end of combat, do not burn it
>>(or shuffle it into your library). Otherwise, it is burned or shuffled
>>as appropriate.
>Does this apply to stolen weapons as well?

Yes.

>I still haven't seen an answer on the Wooden Stake, does it follow the
>victem to torpor? If not are they still stuck in torpor unable to untap?

Wooden Stake is transferred to the victim as it goes into torpor
(card text). However, removing the stake once th victim is in torpor
does not allow it to untap normally.