The Grandest Trick

Jozxyqk

Dec 14, 2001, 8:16:36 AM12/14/01
The Grandest Trick says that the vampire is treated as an
ally for the duration of the action.

Can the Vagabond Mystic be used during this action to heal
that vampire? If so, can he heal them back to full capacity,
or only "starting life" (the amount of blood they had when they
played the Trick)?

LSJ

Dec 14, 2001, 8:29:21 AM12/14/01

He has no "starting amount", so he cannot qualify for VM's boon.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Frederick Scott

Dec 14, 2001, 12:58:47 PM12/14/01
LSJ wrote:

> Jozxyqk wrote:
> >
> > The Grandest Trick says that the vampire is treated as an
> > ally for the duration of the action.
> >
> > Can the Vagabond Mystic be used during this action to heal
> > that vampire? If so, can he heal them back to full capacity,
> > or only "starting life" (the amount of blood they had when they
> > played the Trick)?
>
> He has no "starting amount", so he cannot qualify for VM's boon.

If he gets into combat or is otherwise damaged (can't think of how
right off the top of my head), can he be saved with Left for Dead?

If so, does Left for Dead drop off at the end of the action or
stay on him, preventing him from untapping, as for a real ally?

Fred

LSJ

Dec 14, 2001, 1:35:38 PM12/14/01
Frederick Scott wrote:

> LSJ wrote:
> >
> > Jozxyqk wrote:
> > >
> > > The Grandest Trick says that the vampire is treated as an
> > > ally for the duration of the action.
> > >
> > > Can the Vagabond Mystic be used during this action to heal
> > > that vampire? If so, can he heal them back to full capacity,
> > > or only "starting life" (the amount of blood they had when they
> > > played the Trick)?
> >
> > He has no "starting amount", so he cannot qualify for VM's boon.
>
> If he gets into combat or is otherwise damaged (can't think of how
> right off the top of my head), can he be saved with Left for Dead?

In combat he can be so saved by a Methuselah whose turn it is not, sure.
It won't work on the "otherwise damaged" bit, by card text on LfD.

> If so, does Left for Dead drop off at the end of the action or
> stay on him, preventing him from untapping, as for a real ally?

It stays on him, but has no effect after the action is finished, since
it only works on allies.