Gran Madre di Dio, Italy + Merged Vamps

ira...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2008, 8:01:49 PM1/14/08
If I have Gran Madre di Dio, Italy in play attached to a 10-cap vamp,
and then my prey merges an 8-cap vamp, does the newly merged vamp tap?

If yes, how does that interact with the untap effect of Epiphany?

Thanks,
Ira

Name: Gran Madre di Dio, Italy
[Promo-20061126]
Cardtype: Equipment
In play, this is a unique location and does not count as equipment.
When your predator or prey puts a minion in play in any phase except
the untap phase, that minion is tapped. If that minion is a younger
vampire, he or she burns 1 blood.

Name: Epiphany
[SoC:R]
Cardtype: Action
+2 stealth action. Requires an unmerged base vampire.
Untap this acting vampire and search your crypt, uncontrolled region,
or ash heap for his or her advanced version to move to him or her.
Shuffle your crypt afterward.

LSJ

Jan 14, 2008, 8:38:28 PM1/14/08
ira...@gmail.com wrote:
> If I have Gran Madre di Dio, Italy in play attached to a 10-cap vamp,
> and then my prey merges an 8-cap vamp, does the newly merged vamp tap?

No.
Similarly, playing a Blood Doll card or a Discipline card on a 4-cap will not
tap the "new" vampire. He isn't new at all. He wasn't put into play with the
addition of the Discipline card or the Blood Doll card; the Discipline card or
Blood Doll card modified him. Likewise with advancement.