Faceless Night Q's [LSJ]

21 vues

Chris Berger

non lue,
19 févr. 2002, 15:12:2319/02/2002
The primary question... Does Faceless Night (sup) tap a blocker who
successfully blocks? Card text seems to indicate yes.

More specifically:
a) Samat Ramal-Ra bleeds. Devin Bisley attempts to block. Samat plays sup
Faceless Night for +1 stealth. Devin Bisley plays Spirit's Touch for +1
intercept. Samat uses Change of Target. Does Devin tap? (The answer, from
a previous ruling is that no, she does not. This question is just included
for completeness/reference, although I have to say I don't completely
understand why it was ruled that way... the previous ruling implied that a
successful blocker simply tapped "as normal", although that's not indicated
anywhere in the card text.)

b) As above, but instead of Change of Target, Samat plays Cloak the
Gathering for another +1 stealth. Devin plays Read the Winds (inf) for +1
intercept. The block is successful. Does Devin tap? (Change of Target
says not to tap the blocking minion... Read the Winds only says that this
minion doesn't tap *for blocking*. It doesn't say she doesn't tap for being
Faceless Night'd. When this happened in a game, we ruled that she had to
tap, as per card text.)

c) As b) above, but Samat plays Swallowed By the Night for an additional +1
stealth and the block is unsuccessful. Does Devin tap? (Specifically, does
Faceless Night tap the minion "as if they had blocked", which means RtW
keeps her from tapping, or does it simply tap them if they can't block? I
assume the answer is that she is tapped, but I just wanted to include this
one, as well, for completeness.)

d) Samat bleeds. Democritus blocks. Samat plays Faceless Night.
Democritus plays 2nd Tradition. The block is successful. Democritus plays
Obedience. Does Democritus tap?

LSJ

non lue,
19 févr. 2002, 15:20:2819/02/2002
Chris Berger wrote:
> The primary question... Does Faceless Night (sup) tap a blocker who
> successfully blocks? Card text seems to indicate yes.

Yes. And it does so at the same time "tap for a successful block" taps
the blocker.

> More specifically:
> a) Samat Ramal-Ra bleeds. Devin Bisley attempts to block. Samat plays sup
> Faceless Night for +1 stealth. Devin Bisley plays Spirit's Touch for +1
> intercept. Samat uses Change of Target. Does Devin tap? (The answer, from
> a previous ruling is that no, she does not. This question is just included

Correct.
CoT says she doesn't tap. That overcomes FN's attempt to tap her (as
well as the "tap for successful block"'s attempt to tap her).

> for completeness/reference, although I have to say I don't completely
> understand why it was ruled that way... the previous ruling implied that a
> successful blocker simply tapped "as normal", although that's not indicated
> anywhere in the card text.)

FN's effect overlays the standard effect.

> b) As above, but instead of Change of Target, Samat plays Cloak the
> Gathering for another +1 stealth. Devin plays Read the Winds (inf) for +1
> intercept. The block is successful. Does Devin tap? (Change of Target
> says not to tap the blocking minion... Read the Winds only says that this
> minion doesn't tap *for blocking*. It doesn't say she doesn't tap for being
> Faceless Night'd. When this happened in a game, we ruled that she had to
> tap, as per card text.)

Correct. FN will still tap a minion who would otherwise not tap as part
of a standard block. The usual example is Justine, Elder of Dallas.

> c) As b) above, but Samat plays Swallowed By the Night for an additional +1
> stealth and the block is unsuccessful. Does Devin tap? (Specifically, does
> Faceless Night tap the minion "as if they had blocked", which means RtW
> keeps her from tapping, or does it simply tap them if they can't block? I
> assume the answer is that she is tapped, but I just wanted to include this
> one, as well, for completeness.)

Correct.

> d) Samat bleeds. Democritus blocks. Samat plays Faceless Night.
> Democritus plays 2nd Tradition. The block is successful. Democritus plays
> Obedience. Does Democritus tap?

No.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
20 févr. 2002, 09:45:1820/02/2002

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Chris Berger wrote:
> > The primary question... Does Faceless Night (sup) tap a blocker who
> > successfully blocks? Card text seems to indicate yes.
>
> > d) Samat bleeds. Democritus blocks. Samat plays Faceless Night.
> > Democritus plays 2nd Tradition. The block is successful. Democritus
plays
> > Obedience. Does Democritus tap?
>
> No.

Is this because Obedience's "This vampire is not tapped"
overrides the "tap the vampire" of Faceless Night? If
so, why does Obedience beat Faceless if Justine (or
Atonement) don't?

Josh

i've been right here for thirty-seven hours

LSJ

non lue,
20 févr. 2002, 09:50:0920/02/2002

Conflicting instructions - most-recent-played wins.

0 nouveau message