Three card combo question

1 vue

Sten During

non lue,
5 mars 2002, 10:40:5705/03/2002
I wonder how the three following cards operate in combination:

Pulled Fangs
XTC-Laced Blood
Reality (at inferior)

Reality and XTC-Laced Blood will put the targeted vampire in an
action-limbo (must hunt and can only act to remove Reality), but
does the vampire still qualify for the 'must hunt' that will
trigger torporizing from Pulled Fangs? I guess yes, but would
like confirmation.

And, yes, I'm aware that Pulled Fangs and XTC-Laced Blood together
will torporize the target, but sometimes you want to make sure
that noone resques the vamp cross-table.

Sten During

LSJ

non lue,
5 mars 2002, 10:49:2805/03/2002
Sten During wrote:

> I wonder how the three following cards operate in combination:
>
> Pulled Fangs
> XTC-Laced Blood
> Reality (at inferior)
>
> Reality and XTC-Laced Blood will put the targeted vampire in an
> action-limbo (must hunt and can only act to remove Reality), but
> does the vampire still qualify for the 'must hunt' that will
> trigger torporizing from Pulled Fangs? I guess yes, but would
> like confirmation.

Yes.
PF: cannot hunt.
Reality: cannot hunt.
XTC: must hunt.
PF: "must hunt" means "goes to torpor".

So the Reality is superfluous in that set-up (except as you note below).

> And, yes, I'm aware that Pulled Fangs and XTC-Laced Blood together
> will torporize the target, but sometimes you want to make sure
> that noone resques the vamp cross-table.

Someone could still burn the XTC cross-table, of course.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sten During

non lue,
5 mars 2002, 11:05:0005/03/2002

LSJ wrote:

> So the Reality is superfluous in that set-up (except as you note below).
>

>>And, yes, I'm aware that Pulled Fangs and XTC-Laced Blood together
>>will torporize the target, but sometimes you want to make sure
>>that noone resques the vamp cross-table.
>>

> Someone could still burn the XTC cross-table, of course.

Yup, just wanted to make certain that playing Reality on the
target didn't 'save' it from going to torpor. Don't want
to have to wait an entire turn with the card on hand :)

Sten During

0 nouveau message