Justicar Retribution + Count Germaine

Powerlord

May 8, 2009, 9:40:36 PM5/8/09
Justicar retribution, burns all minions with a current bleed of 3 or
more.

If my prey has a title non-independent vampire, does this count for
the current bleed of Count Germaine (ADV)? Will he be burned if JR
referendum succeds?

Name: Justicar Retribution
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires a Camarilla vampire.
Successful referendum burns all vampires with a current bleed of 3 or
more.

Name: Count Germaine (ADV)
Advanced. Independent. Red List: Germaine gets +2 bleed when bleeding
a Methuselah who controls a titled non-Independent vampire.
[MERGED] Anarch: Germaine gets an optional press each combat.

Thanks
Ricardo Marta
Prince of Lisboa
Portugal

LSJ

May 8, 2009, 10:01:48 PM5/8/09
Powerlord wrote:
> Justicar retribution, burns all minions with a current bleed of 3 or
> more.
>
> If my prey has a title non-independent vampire, does this count for
> the current bleed of Count Germaine (ADV)? Will he be burned if JR
> referendum succeds?

From the rulings page:
Justicar Retribution
* Counts the bleed amount that each vampire would have when attempting to bleed
his prey.

Powerlord

May 8, 2009, 10:21:38 PM5/8/09
On 9 Maio, 03:01, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Powerlord wrote:
> > Justicar retribution, burns all minions with a current bleed of 3 or
> > more.
>
> > If my prey has a title non-independent vampire, does this count for
> > the current bleed of Count Germaine (ADV)? Will he be burned if JR
> > referendum succeds?
>
>  From the rulings page:
> Justicar Retribution
> * Counts the bleed amount that each vampire would have when attempting to bleed
> his prey.

Got it, missed that rulling.

Thanks

FVicentini

May 9, 2009, 9:56:38 AM5/9/09
What if i control a Vampire with a superior spying mission , played
against my prey? would he burn?

LSJ

May 9, 2009, 10:48:47 AM5/9/09
FVicentini wrote:
> What if i control a Vampire with a superior spying mission , played
> against my prey? would he burn?

Yes.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/ef112f2550f35549

Salem

May 9, 2009, 10:48:36 PM5/9/09

The ruling earlier in this thread merely says 'attempts', but your
quoted link above says 'successful ... bleed'.

Your 'yes' would seem to contradict the ruling on not being able to
Archon Investigate them, since the spying mission doesn't 'kick in'
until the bleed is already successful.

Which is the correct ruling on Justicar Retribution, 'attempts' or
'successful'?

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

LSJ

May 10, 2009, 7:01:54 AM5/10/09
Salem wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
>> FVicentini wrote:
>>> What if i control a Vampire with a superior spying mission , played
>>> against my prey? would he burn?
>>
>> Yes.
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/ef112f2550f35549
>>

> The ruling earlier in this thread merely says 'attempts', but your
> quoted link above says 'successful ... bleed'.

Good point.

> Which is the correct ruling on Justicar Retribution, 'attempts' or
> 'successful'?

Attempts. It won't count Spying Mission. (REVERSAL)

Juggernaut1981

May 10, 2009, 8:06:33 PM5/10/09
On May 10, 9:01 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Salem wrote:
> > LSJ wrote:
>
> >> Yes.
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/ef11...

> > The ruling earlier in this thread merely says 'attempts', but your
> > quoted link above says 'successful ... bleed'.
>
> Good point.
>
> > Which is the correct ruling on Justicar Retribution, 'attempts' or
> > 'successful'?
>
> Attempts. It won't count Spying Mission. (REVERSAL)

Just to double check, if the conditions would be met on a vampires
text (Vamp A gets +X bleed when bleeding Methuselah who controls
[insert criteria here]) and that would place them at 3+ bleed...
Justicar Retribution will target them??

Example Vampires
Alexis Sorokin
Clan: Ravnos (group 4)
Capacity: 8
Disciplines: CEL CHI OBF PRO for
Independent. Red List: Once each combat, Alexis may dodge as a strike.
She may steal an equipment card as a (D) action. She gets +1 bleed
when bleeding a Methuselah who controls a ready Toreador.

Amenophobis
Clan: Follower of Set (group 4)
Capacity: 7
Disciplines: OBF SER dom pre
Camarilla primogen: When an action requiring Serpentis [ser] is
successful, you may draw a card from your library. Discard down to
your hand size afterward. Amenophobis gets +1 bleed when bleeding the
Methuselah who has the Edge.

Bethany Ray
Clan: Toreador (group 5)
Capacity: 4
Disciplines: PRE aus
Camarilla: Toreador and Toreador antitribu get +1 bleed when bleeding
you.

Constanza Vinti
Clan: Brujah (group 2)
Capacity: 8
Disciplines: CEL DOM POT
Camarilla Prince of Rome: Constanza gets +2 bleed when bleeding a
Methuselah who controls a ready Ventrue.

LSJ

May 10, 2009, 10:17:45 PM5/10/09
Juggernaut1981 wrote:
> On May 10, 9:01 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Salem wrote:

>>> The ruling earlier in this thread merely says 'attempts', but your
>>> quoted link above says 'successful ... bleed'.
>> Good point.
>>
>>> Which is the correct ruling on Justicar Retribution, 'attempts' or
>>> 'successful'?
>> Attempts. It won't count Spying Mission. (REVERSAL)
>
> Just to double check, if the conditions would be met on a vampires
> text (Vamp A gets +X bleed when bleeding Methuselah who controls
> [insert criteria here]) and that would place them at 3+ bleed...
> Justicar Retribution will target them??

Yes. "attempts"