Question on Brinkmanship...

3 vues

Kulaid

non lue,
4 juin 2003, 12:50:1704/06/2003
player a has a Brinkmanship in play, and very healthy
player b still in the game, but just walling up...
player c too strong in the game...
Player d out of cards and crippled beyond believe...

Player c tells player d, that'll he'll let player d withdraw from the
game...

What would happen if player d successfully withdrew?
1.) player a is ousted and player c gets 6 pool...
2.) player a is ousted at the same time as player d withdraws so nobody
get's the 6 pool...
3.) Player a starts throwing things at player c; cups, pennies,
counters, beer cans, etc...
4.) player b laugh hystically...
5.) Never would happen, would have broke the deal anyways.

If you attempt to withdraw, then brinkmanship was called and passed...
Are you subject to the same condition? From the text, only Methuselah
forced to withdraw from the game by the card will get ousted by it...

http://web2news.com/?rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad

LSJ

non lue,
4 juin 2003, 13:55:2604/06/2003
Kulaid wrote:
> player a has a Brinkmanship in play, and very healthy
> player b still in the game, but just walling up...
> player c too strong in the game...
> Player d out of cards and crippled beyond believe...
>
> What would happen if player d successfully withdrew?
> 1.) player a is ousted and player c gets 6 pool...

... and a VP (for ousting a), correct.

> If you attempt to withdraw, then brinkmanship was called and passed...
> Are you subject to the same condition? From the text, only Methuselah
> forced to withdraw from the game by the card will get ousted by it...

Correct.

Although if that current attempt to withdraw succeeds, the brinksmanship
will still oust its controller.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jon Stahler

non lue,
4 juin 2003, 14:48:4004/06/2003

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Kulaid wrote:
> > player a has a Brinkmanship in play, and very healthy
> > player b still in the game, but just walling up...
> > player c too strong in the game...
> > Player d out of cards and crippled beyond believe...
> >
> > What would happen if player d successfully withdrew?
> > 1.) player a is ousted and player c gets 6 pool...
>
> ... and a VP (for ousting a), correct.
>
> > If you attempt to withdraw, then brinkmanship was called and passed...
> > Are you subject to the same condition? From the text, only Methuselah
> > forced to withdraw from the game by the card will get ousted by it...
>
> Correct.
>
> Although if that current attempt to withdraw succeeds, the brinksmanship
> will still oust its controller.

But the withdrawal is successful first, right? It has to be in order for
the condition of Brinksmanship to fire off. So you successfully withdraw
and then the Brinksmanship ousts the controller of the brinksmanship, who
has already withdrawn, so it should be a moot point.

LSJ

non lue,
4 juin 2003, 15:41:2404/06/2003
Jon Stahler wrote:
> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
>>Kulaid wrote:
>>>If you attempt to withdraw, then brinkmanship was called and passed...
>>>Are you subject to the same condition? From the text, only Methuselah
>>>forced to withdraw from the game by the card will get ousted by it...
>>
>>Correct.
>>
>>Although if that current attempt to withdraw succeeds, the brinksmanship
>>will still oust its controller.
>
> But the withdrawal is successful first, right? It has to be in order for
> the condition of Brinksmanship to fire off. So you successfully withdraw
> and then the Brinksmanship ousts the controller of the brinksmanship, who
> has already withdrawn, so it should be a moot point.

?
If the Brinks's controller has already withdrawn, Brinks is no longer
in play, and there is nothing to answer.

The question was:

If A attempts to withdraw and then on B's turn, B puts Brinks in play,
what happens when A's turn rolls around again?

Answer:
If A fails to withdraw: nothing. A simply takes his turn as normal.
If A succeeds in withdrawing: B is ousted.

Charles Lechasseur

non lue,
5 juin 2003, 07:16:1905/06/2003
In article <3EDE328E...@white-wolf.com>, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com>
wrote:

>> If you attempt to withdraw, then brinkmanship was called and passed...
>> Are you subject to the same condition? From the text, only Methuselah
>> forced to withdraw from the game by the card will get ousted by it...
>
>Correct.
>
>Although if that current attempt to withdraw succeeds, the brinksmanship
>will still oust its controller.

does this mean that when Brinksmanship is in play and I begin my turn with
less than a full hand, I can simply choose to withdraw on my own instead
of being forced to do so by the Brinksmanship, and thus not be subject to
its effect?

--
charles lechasseur - bunsen...@yahoo.com

LSJ

non lue,
5 juin 2003, 09:08:3505/06/2003
Charles Lechasseur wrote:
> does this mean that when Brinksmanship is in play and I begin my turn with
> less than a full hand, I can simply choose to withdraw on my own instead
> of being forced to do so by the Brinksmanship, and thus not be subject to
> its effect?

No. It means that if Brinksmanship is NOT in play and you begin your turn
with less than a full hand, you can simply choose to withdraw on your own

instead of being forced to do so by the Brinksmanship, and thus not be

subject to its effect even if it is put into play before your next untap.

Jon Stahler

non lue,
6 juin 2003, 10:05:3806/06/2003

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
Doh! Sorry about that...

Timlagor

non lue,
6 juin 2003, 20:32:3506/06/2003
> The question was:
>
> If A attempts to withdraw and then on B's turn, B puts Brinks in play,
> what happens when A's turn rolls around again?
>
> Answer:
> If A fails to withdraw: nothing. A simply takes his turn as normal.

... and A must attempt to withdraw again (and succeed or be ousted
unless Brinkmanship is somehow removed).

0 nouveau message