Khazar's decks anyone ?

Orpheus

Feb 5, 2008, 8:38:45 AM2/5/08
I read somewhere here that there were a few succesful KD decks around. Could
anyone show me decklists ? And by succesful, I mean something actually as
good as a straightforward bleed deck, even if it requires more setup...

Thanks.
--
Orpheus, unofficial Shemti model.

Jozxyqk

Feb 5, 2008, 8:57:42 AM2/5/08
Orpheus <orphe...@deadspamfree.fr> wrote:
> I read somewhere here that there were a few succesful KD decks around. Could
> anyone show me decklists ? And by succesful, I mean something actually as
> good as a straightforward bleed deck, even if it requires more setup...

One of them just won the New England Regional Qualifier.
Stay tuned for Ben Swainbank's entry into the TWDA.

Darby Keeney

Feb 5, 2008, 11:47:47 AM2/5/08
On Feb 5, 6:38 am, "Orpheus" <orpheus...@DEADSPAMfree.fr> wrote:
> I read somewhere here that there were a few succesful KD decks around. Could
> anyone show me decklists ? And by succesful, I mean something actually as
> good as a straightforward bleed deck, even if it requires more setup...

I've been grappling with this as well. I am working on a Cry Wolf +
Khazar's Diary deck, figuring there is synergy between self-burning
unique werewolves and the Diary's "when a unique minion in play
is burned" clause.

Unfortunately, there are a LOT of moving parts and I don't see
this being particularly efficient.

- Just going Anarch for the Wolf is a burden.
- One needs Khazar's in play early to accumulate counters.
- Stealth is advisable on Cry Wolf.
- Cry Wolf's ally may require some combat functions.

Guillaume Giovanni solves some of the problems.
Additional stealth on recruits and increased hand size
both seem good here.

But, in the long run, the deck look more "cutesy"
than "dangerous"

Here is the skeleton: I would appreciate any comments
that the community can offer to make it workable. I'll
offer comments on why the cards already listed are there.

Deck Name : Impossible Dream
Author : Darby Keeney

Crypt [5 vampires] Capacity min: 8 max: 9 average: 8.8

4x Guillaume Giovanni 9 CEL DOM NEC POT obt Giovanni:4
1x Baldesar Rossellin 8 DOM POT aus for nec Giovanni:4

*/ Vampires with stealth, handsize, and cost reduction.
*/ Likely just add smallcap nerds to fill to 12.

Library [74 cards]

Action [11]
7x Govern the Unaligned
3x Khazar's Diary (Endless Night)
1x New Management

*/ New Management is questionable.
*/ but if successful, it's big.

Action Modifier [9]
5x Call of the Hungry Dead
4x Empowering the Puppet King

*/ Could easily see this carrying more EtPK for
*/ the ally bleeds.

Action Modifier/Reaction [5]
5x Spectral Divination

Ally [16]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
10x Cry Wolf
1x Gregory Winter
1x Leonardo, Mortician
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
1x Repo Man
1x Vagabond Mystic

*/ All are unique. All add some function
*/ to the deck, until I find a way to burn them
*/ under Khazar's Diary. Of the bunch,
*/ the Repo Man is clearly the least helpful.

Combat [2]
2x Mercy for Seth

*/ Might as well burn other people's allies too.

Equipment [2]
1x Stolen Police Cruiser
1x Unlicensed Taxicab

*/ The taxicab is good - the cruiser, maybe not.
*/ I included it since I have the Repo Man (well,
*/ he IS unique......). If I get to over 90 cards, the
*/ whole 3-card module can be jettisoned.

Event [2]
1x FBI Special Affairs Division
1x Unmasking, The

*/ Both are too good to leave out of ally-combat decks

Master [18]
1x Anarch Railroad
3x Blood Doll
1x Dummy Corporation
1x Mob Connections
1x Morgue Hunting Ground
1x Parthenon, The
1x Powerbase: Cape Verde
1x Seattle Committee
1x Secure Haven
2x Therbold Realty
1x Tomb of Rameses III
1x Tower of London
3x Vessel

*/ Some of these Masters are pretty much sacrifical
*/ though most will increase hand size AND offer some
*/ other perk. Cumulative cost is a HUGE issue.

Reaction [9]
5x Deflection
4x On the Qui Vive

*/ OtQV for the Cry Wolves, if they survive their innate
*/ rush

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Tue Feb 05 09:28:54 2008]

John P.

Feb 5, 2008, 12:58:16 PM2/5/08
On Feb 5, 10:47 am, Darby Keeney <darby.kee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 6:38 am, "Orpheus" <orpheus...@DEADSPAMfree.fr> wrote:
>
> > I read somewhere here that there were a few succesful KD decks around. Could
> > anyone show me decklists ? And by succesful, I mean something actually as
> > good as a straightforward bleed deck, even if it requires more setup...
>
> I've been grappling with this as well.  I am working on a Cry Wolf +
> Khazar's Diary deck, figuring there is synergy between self-burning
> unique werewolves and the Diary's "when a unique minion in play
> is burned" clause.
>
> Unfortunately, there are a LOT of moving parts and I don't see
> this being particularly efficient.
>
> - Just going Anarch for the Wolf is a burden.
> - One needs Khazar's in play early to accumulate counters.
> - Stealth is advisable on Cry Wolf.
> - Cry Wolf's ally may require some combat functions.

Talbot's Chainsaw to help burn your allies with the untap damage.

John P.
Winnipeg

witness1

Feb 5, 2008, 1:14:06 PM2/5/08

Needs moar Expiate :P

On a serious note, if you're going anarch anyway, Gear Up is too good
not to use.

-witness1

John P.

Feb 5, 2008, 2:05:27 PM2/5/08
On Feb 5, 10:47 am, Darby Keeney <darby.kee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 4x Guillaume Giovanni     9  CEL DOM NEC POT obt   Giovanni:4

Obtenebration screams: "Use Nocturns" for this deck.
(with thanks to James on IRC for imitating Cardbot)

John P.
Winnipeg

John P.

Feb 5, 2008, 2:09:59 PM2/5/08

It has been since pointed out that Khazar's only gets counters from
unique allies,
so Nocturns not so good.

John P.

Darby Keeney

Feb 5, 2008, 2:12:47 PM2/5/08
On Feb 5, 10:58 am, "John P." <jtpat...@mts.net> wrote:
> Talbot's Chainsaw to help burn your allies with the untap damage.

Somehow, I don't think killing my own allies will be a problems.

Cry Wolf self-destructs - that's why I chose it.
Gregory Winter can self-destruct easily.
Carlton Van Wynk can self-destruct in a couple of ways.

The inherent risk of the Chainsaw doesn't seem to be worth
having an easy way to kiill the other 4.

On a side note, I'll be adding Malajit Chandramouli
and maybe Robert Carter to the deck, since they both
also have burn clauses.

Darby Keeney

Feb 5, 2008, 2:14:10 PM2/5/08

Ummmm. Nocturns are not unique, therefore do not trigger
the Diary's counter event. Likewise, Topdogs are not helpful.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Darby Keeney

Feb 5, 2008, 2:17:50 PM2/5/08
On Feb 5, 11:14 am, witness1 <jwnewqu...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> On a serious note, if you're going anarch anyway, Gear Up is too good
> not to use.

Hmmmm. Perhaps. How do you feel about
2x Sudario Refraction instead (a neverending
multi-card recursion engine, instead of a one-shot
with an untap). Seems like the 3-card random
discard, while less predictable, might actually
be better.

sin...@hotmail.com

Feb 5, 2008, 3:03:39 PM2/5/08
> On a side note, I'll be adding Malajit Chandramouli
> and maybe Robert Carter to the deck, since they both
> also have burn clauses.

I don't think retainers are considered minions...

I have had success using Jake Washington and weenie(ish) Giovanni...
you just get as many Khazar's out and burn as many Jakes as you can.
Also use Repo man for an extra action and block potential. I had also
thought to use Embraces because they'll get superior nec eventually
but they seem to just get in the way.

Cycle with sudarios.

I've also tried Cry Wolf but it's way too many actions and too slow.

Jay Kristoff

Feb 5, 2008, 3:07:22 PM2/5/08
"Orpheus" <orphe...@DEADSPAMfree.fr> wrote in message

> I read somewhere here that there were a few succesful KD decks around.
Could
> anyone show me decklists ? And by succesful, I mean something actually as
good as a straightforward bleed deck, even if it requires more setup...

I threw this deck together as a joke. I then got two game wins in the two
casual games I have played it.

Crazy Khazar:

2x Paul DiCarlo, The Alpha
2x Marciana Giovanni, Investigator
2x Lia Milliner
2x Mario Giovanni
2x Cristofero Giovanni
2x Rudolpho Giovanni

The Barrens
Fragment of the Book of Nod
6x Effective Management
4x Tribute to the Master

Chair of Hades
14x Khazar's Diary (Endless Night)
2x Haunt
2x Sudario Refraction
Resume the Coil

4x Call the Hungry Dead

4x Spectral Divination

6x Spiritual Intervention

Ambrosius, The Ferryman (Wraith)
Felix "Fix" Hessian (Wraith)
Gregory Winter
Leonardo, Mortitian
Ossian
2x Procurer
Tye Cooper
Vagabond Mystic
Young Bloods
4x Werewolf Pack
-----------

enjoy,

Jay Kristoff

sin...@hotmail.com

Feb 5, 2008, 4:16:48 PM2/5/08
On 5 Feb, 13:38, "Orpheus" <orpheus...@DEADSPAMfree.fr> wrote:
> I read omewhere here that there were a few succesful KD decks around. Could
> anyoneshow me decklists ? And by succesful, I mean something actually as

> good as a straightforward bleed deck, even if it requires more setup...

Here is my latest..... I'll create a new topic for it too....

Deck Name : Khazar Trouble
Author : JB
Description : Just do stuff asap. It's only been played twice and very
funny it was too. I haven't come across many comvat decks with this
though... Any thoughts on improvement LMK

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 7 average: 3.67

2x Isabel Giovanni 5 DOM NEC pot Giovanni:2
2x Gloria Giovanni 4 DOM nec Giovanni:2
2x Rudolfo Giovanni 3 NEC Giovanni:2
2x Paul DiCarlo, The 2 pot Giovanni:2
1x Andrea Giovanni 7 DOM NEC pot vic Giovanni:2
1x Cristofero Giovann 3 nec pot Giovanni:2
1x Lia Milliner 3 dom nec Giovanni:3
1x Mario Giovanni 3 nec pot Giovanni:2

Library [60 cards]

Action [15]
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
2x Embrace, The
8x Khazar's Diary (Endless Night)
4x Sudario Refraction

Action Modifier [12]
9x Call of the Hungry Dead
3x Conditioning

Ally [11]

1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

2x Gregory Winter
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
1x Ossian
2x Procurer
2x Repo Man
2x Vagabond Mystic

Master [17]
1x Acquired Ventrue Assets
1x Anarch Troublemaker
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
4x Jake Washington (Hunter)
3x Liquidation
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
5x Vessel
1x Wash

Reaction [5]
2x Deflection
1x Delaying Tactics
2x On the Qui Vive

John P.

Feb 5, 2008, 5:07:24 PM2/5/08

While nocturns do not count as unique for removing counters
they are easy to cycle, they die quickly, and can still
be brought from the ash heap to make into wraiths. The
untap after you recruit them is nice for playing more diaries,
or other good stuff.

They are probably only useful to you if you decide to abandon
the cry wolf and the anarch side of things. 12 cards you could replace
6 nocturns and 6 more copies of the diary.

I personally hate Cry wolf cause of the drawback if blocked.
But this may be too much of a corruption of your deck idea.

-John P
Winnipeg

Darby Keeney

Feb 5, 2008, 5:10:40 PM2/5/08
On Feb 5, 1:03 pm, sin...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > On a side note, I'll be adding Malajit Chandramouli
> > and maybe Robert Carter to the deck, since they both
> > also have burn clauses.
>
> I don't think retainers are considered minions...

Doh. You're SO right.
The cheating phase never ends.

> I have had success using Jake Washington and weenie(ish) Giovanni...
> you just get as many Khazar's out and burn as many Jakes as you can.
> Also use Repo man for an extra action and block potential. I had also
> thought to use Embraces because they'll get superior nec eventually
> but they seem to just get in the way.

And Jake is a nice addition.

> I've also tried Cry Wolf but it's way too many actions and too slow.

I think I still need to give it a go. Humor value is just too high.

crispyfloss

Feb 5, 2008, 5:21:20 PM2/5/08
On Feb 5, 2:07 pm, "John P." <jtpat...@mts.net> wrote:
> They are probably only useful to you if you decide to abandon
> the cry wolf and the anarch side of things. 12 cards you could replace
> 6 nocturns and 6 more copies of the diary.
>
> I personally hate Cry wolf cause of the drawback if blocked.
> But this may be too much of a corruption of your deck idea.

Have Julius recruit the Cry Wolfs. Heads you win, tails they lose!

AcheronNi...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2008, 9:56:16 PM2/5/08

julius seem hot for diary deck :D

what about traped/zip gun/thin blood/mumify [AWERSOME!] julius/jake
with haven uncovered[as you can sacrafice many minions and maybe even
torp someone :D ?

Emiliano Imeroni

Feb 6, 2008, 3:43:04 AM2/6/08
Orpheus ha scritto:

Hi,

This is a decklist I put together when LotN was released. It focuses
on burning others' minions rather than (or along with) yours. I
haven't
had the occasion to try it out yet, so I definitely can't define it
"successful"...

Theory: rush with Giovanni weenies and diablerize vampires
(getting possibly burned in the Blood HUnt) to put counters
on Khazar's Diary. Then swarm your prey to death with the
summoned wraiths while rushing keeps your predator in check.

Foreseen practice: Too few Diaries to reliably get one at
the beginning of the game. Problematic blood management.
Insufficient card cycling.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 6 average: 4.25

1x Accorri Giovanni 6 DOM POT ani nec Giovanni:5
1x Benedict Giovanni, 6 FOR POT cel dom nec Giovanni:4
1x Francis Milliner 6 NEC POT pre vic Giovanni:4
1x Donatello Giovanni 5 DOM aus pot pre Giovanni:4
1x Gianmaria Giovanni 5 POT dom nec obt Giovanni:5
1x Margaret Milliner 5 dom for nec pot pre Giovanni:4
1x Primo Giovanni 4 dom nec pot Giovanni:4
1x Thomasso Ghiberti 4 NEC pot Giovanni:4
1x Almodo Giovanni 3 dom pot Giovanni:4
1x Nunzio Giovanni 3 nec pot Giovanni:4
1x Cristobal Ghiberti 2 nec Giovanni:4
1x Eric Milliner 2 pot Giovanni:5

Library [90 cards]

Action [22]
6x Bum's Rush
1x Graverobbing
5x Harass
7x Khazar's Diary (Endless Night)
1x Possession
2x Sudario Refraction

Action Modifier [8]
2x Call of the Hungry Dead
3x Empowering the Puppet King
3x Shroudsight

Action Modifier/Reaction [3]
3x Spectral Divination

Ally [1]
1x Tye Cooper

Combat [37]
4x Amaranth
2x Dead Hand
6x Disarm
10x Immortal Grapple
5x Slam
6x Torn Signpost
4x Undead Strength

Master [10]
1x Frontal Assault
1x Haven Uncovered
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
1x Potence
1x Powerbase: Cape Verde
5x Vessel

Reaction [9]
5x Deflection
4x On the Qui Vive

Ciao ciao,
Emiliano

Rehlow

Feb 6, 2008, 1:13:08 PM2/6/08
On Feb 6, 2:43 am, Emiliano Imeroni <emiliano.imer...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Lorrie Dunsirn might be worth using if you think you can afford the
pool cost to rush with her. With a single Immortal Grapple played she
can tear people up in combat.

> Library [90 cards]
>
> Action [22]
>   6x Bum's Rush
>   1x Graverobbing
>   5x Harass
>   7x Khazar's Diary (Endless Night)

7 is probably ok to see one before you burn a vampire. You only have 4
Amaranth, so its quiet likely you can just leave someone in torpor for
a little while if you don't have a diary in play yet. If you can find
room to go to 8, that would be better.

>   1x Possession

I don't think Possession is very good at inferior nec and very few of
your guys have NEC. On the other hand, Daemonic Possession is still
good at inf nec and even if you can't get good use out of one of their
guys you can always use them to diablerize.

>   2x Sudario Refraction
>
> Action Modifier [8]
>   2x Call of the Hungry Dead
>   3x Empowering the Puppet King
>   3x Shroudsight

I'm not sure about Shroudsight. It might be better to just play 3 more
copies of whatever cards you plan to recycle with it. I guess I should
test it to see. Please let us know your opinion of it if you ever play
it.

> Action Modifier/Reaction [3]
>   3x Spectral Divination
>
> Ally [1]
>   1x Tye Cooper

I think you'll want some more allies, even if you plan to discard most
of them. Once you get the diary activated, if you oust your prey, any
of his vamps you turned into wraiths will be removed from the game
when they die. You'll want a reliable source of targets to turn into
wraiths every turn. I guess with a few burned vamps of your prey, a
couple of your own to blood hunts and a few of your predator's there
might be enough targets to get by.

> Combat [37]
>   4x Amaranth
>   2x Dead Hand
>   6x Disarm
>   10x Immortal Grapple
>   5x Slam
>   6x Torn Signpost
>   4x Undead Strength

I think you are running a lot of strikes. Especially if the plan is do
more damage, Disarm. If you are planning to beat the pulp out of them,
its probably an ok number. I would swap out the 4 Undead Strength for
other combat cards. Maybe +1 Amaranth, +1 Disarm, +2 Fake Out.

> Master [10]
>   1x Frontal Assault
>   1x Haven Uncovered
>   1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
>   1x Potence

I don't see this changing much and can probably be something more
useful.

>   1x Powerbase: Cape Verde
>   5x Vessel

Unless you really want to burn Blood Dolls (but you can rush the Blood
Doll) or want protection from other player's Vessels, I don't think
this deck needs the trifle advantage when running only 10 masters and
can run Blood Doll instead (or mix it up).

> Reaction [9]
>   5x Deflection
>   4x On the Qui Vive

Its nice to see a fighty build, instead of the I let my stuff die to
get counters. I hope it works out.

Later,
~Rehlow

crispyfloss

Feb 6, 2008, 4:23:15 PM2/6/08

> > Have Julius recruit the Cry Wolfs. Heads you win, tails they lose!
>
> julius seem hot for diary deck :D
>
> what about traped/zip gun/thin blood/mumify [AWERSOME!] julius/jake
> with haven uncovered[as you can sacrafice many minions and maybe even
> torp someone :D ?

That's the deck librarian used in JOL:Quick48, more or less. It
worked almost as well as you'd think. Used Tupdogs for bonus ashheap
fodder.

If I could find a way to shoehorn a Julius/Patrizia Cry Wolf/Khazar/
Undue Influence deck, that would be something.

librarian

Feb 6, 2008, 4:30:45 PM2/6/08

Heh, I'm trying it in other games, minus the Tupdogs and some of the
allies, and added about 4 more Khazars and a combat package (WWS +
Target Vitals). It's working better, but not great.

best-

chris

--
Super Fun Cards
http://stores.ebay.com/superfuncards/

Emiliano Imeroni

Feb 7, 2008, 5:01:06 AM2/7/08
On 6 Feb, 19:13, Rehlow <newsgr...@rehlow.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Its nice to see a fighty build, instead of the I let my stuff die to
> get counters. I hope it works out.
>
> Later,
> ~Rehlow

Thanks a lot for the good advice! I'll try and build the deck
with some of the modifications you suggest... we'll
see what happens.

Ciao,
Emiliano

Clément

Feb 7, 2008, 9:29:06 AM2/7/08
On Feb 5, 11:57 am, Jozxyqk wrote:

I've been toying with a Khazar's deck for a couple of months now,
which is based on exactly the same concept as Ben's (and
coincidentally baptized with the same name!). The main differences
between both decks are:

1) I'm using group 4/5 vampires - although groups 2/3 are obviously
better. I did this just because I wanted to play for a while with the
new vamps and get to know them. I planned to switch to 2/3 if I ever
thought the deck would be tournament viable, so I could reliably use
Deflections - and Ben's tournament win confirmed this is the way to go
(thanks, Ben!).

2) I used Shroudsights. First, because I thought I had few Khazar's to
begin with (I started with 8). Second, because I thought they were a
good idea (and they actually helped me on occasion). But reading
people's comments and decklists I realized I should probably just
ditch them.

3) Ben's deck adds support to the ally block angle. I was also
planning to do that if I ever took the deck to a competitive
environment, but I was not sure about what to take out. Now I know.

I have had good success with this deck. It's has won most of the
tables I have played and looks dominating while doing so. On other
occasions, though, it dies horribly to simple things such as a Raven
Spy and/or an intercept location - as others have already pointed out.

Here is the current decklist.

Deck Name : Dear Diary
Author : Clément

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 5 average: 3.42

2x Thomasso Ghiberti 4 NEC pot Giovanni:4
2x Cristobal Ghiberti 2 nec Giovanni:4

1x Gianmaria Giovanni 5 POT dom nec obt Giovanni:5
1x Margaret Milliner 5 dom for nec pot pre Giovanni:4

1x Kay Polerno 4 dom nec pro Giovanni:5

1x Primo Giovanni 4 dom nec pot Giovanni:4

1x Almodo Giovanni 3 dom pot Giovanni:4
1x Nunzio Giovanni 3 nec pot Giovanni:4

1x Stephen Milliner 3 nec pre Giovanni:5

1x Eric Milliner 2 pot Giovanni:5

Library [70 cards]

Action [11]
11x Khazar's Diary (Endless Night)

Action Modifier [14]
7x Call of the Hungry Dead
1x Shroud Mastery
6x Shroudsight

Action Modifier / Combat [3]
3x Breath of Thanatos

Action Modifier/Reaction [7]
7x Spectral Divination

Ally [16]
1x Brigitte Gebauer (Wraith)
1x Felix "Fix" Hessian (Wraith)
2x Leonardo, Mortician
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
1x Scapelli, The Family "Mechanic"
8x Shambling Hordes
1x Tye Cooper
1x Vagabond Mystic

Equipment [1]
1x Sargon Fragment, The

Master [18]
3x Acquired Ventrue Assets
1x Barrens, The
3x Blood Doll
1x Creepshow Casino
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Morgue Hunting Ground
2x Path of Bone, The
5x Vessel

Abraço,

Luiz Mello

Ben Swainbank

Feb 7, 2008, 11:32:06 AM2/7/08
On Feb 7, 9:29 am, "Clément" <lcmello.lis...@terra.com.br> wrote:

> I've been toying with a Khazar's deck for a couple of months now,
> which is based on exactly the same concept as Ben's (and
> coincidentally baptized with the same name!). The main differences
> between both decks are:
>
> 1) I'm using group 4/5 vampires - although groups 2/3 are obviously
> better. I did this just because I wanted to play for a while with the
> new vamps and get to know them. I planned to switch to 2/3 if I ever
> thought the deck would be tournament viable

I did the same thing. My initial version was with the new kids in 4/5.
Then the tournament came and I switched to 2/3 since it was just plain
better for nec/dom.

> 2) I used Shroudsights.

Yeah, the play a card-to-get-back-a-card cards never make much sense
to me in a game with no card limits. Sudario is pretty hot though.

> 3) Ben's deck adds support to the ally block angle.

Really important both for defense and to get your allies burned.

> I have had good success with this deck. It's has won most of the
> tables I have played and looks dominating while doing so. On other
> occasions, though, it dies horribly to simple things such as a Raven
> Spy and/or an intercept location - as others have already pointed out.

Round 2 at NERQ my prey was weenie animalism (played by Scott Gomes).
I got Unmasking up early enough to hold him to 1 Raven Spy. But he was
crushing me. I had no predator pressure. So I was able to hang in long
enough to get Khazar's off -- in part by burning my own torporized
vamps. In the endgame, we both ran out of library, at which point my
Khazar's deck was much stronger.

-Ben Swainbank

Clément

Feb 7, 2008, 11:59:39 AM2/7/08
On Feb 7, 2:32 pm, Ben Swainbank wrote:

> On Feb 7, 9:29 am, "Clément" wrote:
>

> > 2) I used Shroudsights.
>
> Yeah, the play a card-to-get-back-a-card cards never make much sense
> to me in a game with no card limits.

Shroudsight is kind of interesting at NEC, that allows you to choose
which card played during the action you will get back.

But, then again, it's all about how fast you get the 7 counters on the
Diary. I now realize I might be better off playing more Diaries, or
stealth.

> Sudario is pretty hot though.

I'm not very comfortable with Sudario's randomness, but I definitely
should give it a try as I keep hearing how good it is.

> > 3) Ben's deck adds support to the ally block angle.
>
> Really important both for defense and to get your allies burned.

More often than not, my allies are there to be discarded and come back
as wraiths. I recruit only those that might be helpful or necessary
according to the situation - Leonardo for bloating, Hordes for
backrushing/blocking, Tye Cooper for tyecooperness etc.

But yeah, The Unmasking is too hot not to be there. The main reason is
that I own only one and it's in another deck, but I will pack it if I
play in a tournament (where more reliable defense will be badly
needed). Same for Carlton.

Thanks for the comments and congrats on the win.

Abraço,

Luiz Mello

Orpheus

Feb 7, 2008, 3:38:38 PM2/7/08
Just to be sure : if a Unique vampire already controlled is influenced by
the same methuselah and burns, does that trigger the Khazar's Diary ?

Same question with recruiting a Unique ally you already control.

Salem

Feb 7, 2008, 4:42:07 PM2/7/08
Orpheus wrote:
> Just to be sure : if a Unique vampire already controlled is influenced by
> the same methuselah and burns, does that trigger the Khazar's Diary ?

Judging from the Sonja blue contesting rulings, I'd say the incoming
vampire never actually makes it into play, and so wouldn't give Khazar's
a counter.

> Same question with recruiting a Unique ally you already control.

That's cheating.

Unless there's some way to 'accidentally' recruit a unique ally you
already control....?

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'yahoo' to email)

LSJ

Feb 7, 2008, 5:02:22 PM2/7/08
Salem wrote:
> Orpheus wrote:
>> Just to be sure : if a Unique vampire already controlled is influenced by
>> the same methuselah and burns, does that trigger the Khazar's Diary ?
>
> Judging from the Sonja blue contesting rulings, I'd say the incoming
> vampire never actually makes it into play, and so wouldn't give Khazar's
> a counter.

Correct.

>> Same question with recruiting a Unique ally you already control.
>
> That's cheating.
>
> Unless there's some way to 'accidentally' recruit a unique ally you
> already control....?

Correct.

Huruem

Feb 11, 2008, 9:31:50 AM2/11/08
On 5 fév, 14:38, "Orpheus" <orpheus...@DEADSPAMfree.fr> wrote:
> I read somewhere here that there were a few succesful KD decks around. Could
> anyone show me decklists ? And by succesful, I mean something actually as
> good as a straightforward bleed deck, even if it requires more setup...
>
> Thanks.

> --
> Orpheus, unofficial Shemti model.

Read VEKN France ^^