SPOILERS: Ebony Kingdom

James Coupe

May 23, 2009, 8:29:51 AM5/23/09
Arwall has been fiendishly typing all morning. Warning: there may be
typos, errors, or other problems.

http://www.sabbatinfrance.org/newforum/viewtopic.php?p=70531#70531

Spoiler space
.
.
.
.
Spoiler space
.
.
.
.
Spoiler space
.
.
.
.
Spoiler space
.
.
.
.
Spoiler space
.
.
.
.
Spoiler space
.
.
.
.
Spoiler space
.
.
.
.
Spoiler space

Grouping: Titi, Ngozi, Aisata, Undele are group 5

ishtarri:

abu nuwasi 3 cel for

elizabeth conde 5 pre CEL FOR

luanda magere 8 for CEL PRE PRO +1 strenght for each orun

jibade adv 9 aus CEL DEM FOR PRE if jibade is ready he may burn a
blood and tap x aye to prevent x damage done to anny ally or retainer in
combat

akunanse :

nestor kaba 4 abo ani for

socrate cibide 5 ani ABO FOR

aisata swanou 7 abo ANI FOR VIC
during your master pahse you may draw a card and move a card from your
hand to your ash heap or the top of your library

kamiri adv 10
pot quietus ABO ANI FOR OBF
kamiri my inflict two unpreventable damage on a minion as D
MERGEd: once each action kamiri may burn a blood to give an acting
laibon +1 stealth

Guruhi:

fode kourouma 5 ani aus pre POT

batsheva ADV 6 obt pot ANI PRE
+1 strength against malkavian
MERGED: +1 strength

ngozi ekwensu 9 magaji
cel ANI POT PRE VIC
on ce each combat she can tap one orun on her to make her hand strike
aggravated for the current round

OSEBO

cesewayo ADV 10
ani AUS CEL DOM POT THAU
during a d actino against you, may tap an aye on him to untap .
MERGED: get two additionnals votes.

mamadou keita magaji 7
aus pot pre vic CEL
may call a referendum to do 1 unpreventable damage to a ready minion as
a +1 stealth political action

titi camara 5 pot AUS CEL

Arriette sylla 3 POT (yeah)
if arriette has no orun she gets -1 bleed.

RARE CARDS :

Well Marked
1 blood
+1 stealth action reuires a laibon
put this card on this laibon. if his capacity is 5 or more he untaps.
once each combat this laibon may prevent 1 non aggravated damage from
tje minion's strike. a minion can have only one well marked.

Transcendent laibon
Burn
unique master
put this card on a laibon with 3 aye and 3 orun .
during your untap phase,this laibon gains one blood. allias and younger
vampire must brun 1 blood or life to attempt to block thi laibon or to
target him with D action. burn this card if this minion i not ready or
has fewer than three aye or three orun.

the bitter and swette story
EVENT
each methuselah gets +2 hand size for each victory point he or she has.

Taking the skin: vulture
abombwe
SKIN.
cancel a frenzy card blahblah..
abo: +1 intercept and pu this card on the vampire. he gains flight. brun
this card during your next untap phase.
ABO: as above and this vampire gets an optionnal manouever during each
combat.

Sense Vibrations
Master : triffle
put thi card on a laibon with auspex. thi laibon with auspex may tap
this card during a referendum to get 1 additional vote. a vampire can
have only on sense vibrations.

Savannah runner
reaction
requires a laibon
cel : this laibon burns 1 blood ot have +1 intercept
CEL: tap this laibon or an aye on him to untap another ready laibon. not
usable by a blocking laibon.

Powerbase: luanda
unique location
requires a ready laibon
tap during your master phase and choose a vampire you control. once this
turn this vampire may enter combat with any minion as a +1 stealth
action. any vampire may steal this location with a D action.

Nkishi
unique equipement. reuires a laibon.
you may use a master pahse action to search your library or ash heap for
an aye or orun cards and put that card on this laibon.

Mapatano utando
unique master
akunanse
put this card in play. you may tap this card to reduce a bleed against
you by 1. during your influence you may burn the edge and tap this card
to gain 4 transfer.
any vampire can brun this card with a D action that cost 1 blood.

Make an example
action modifier
guruhi
only usable by a nonactig guruhi when an acting laibon you control is
blocked (before combat)
inflict 2 unrepventable damage on both the acting and blocking minion
and end the action ( without combat)

Ishtarri warlord
master
ishtarri
1 pool
put this card on an ishtarri you control.
this ishtarri gets an optionnal press or manouever each combat.
a minion can have only one ishtarri warlord.

Impundulu
unique demon
1 life 1 strenght 0 bleed
cost: 3 blood
has flight; gets one optionnel manouever
may strike for 1R. he may steal 1 blood or life as a +1 stealth D
action.

Ilomba
retainer
animal with 1 life requires a laibon
put ilomba on any minion (this action is +1 stleath if that minion is
controlle dby another methuselah)
if ilomba would brun a life (or would be burned) this minion burns a
blood or life instead.
ih he cannot he is burned.
a minion can have only one ilomba..

Hiding in the open
political action
requires a laibon.
if this referendum is succesfull, this laibon get +1 bleed.
cards ich requires a non-laibon title cannot be played on this laibon
nor when this laibon is acting.
a minion can have only one : hiding n the open.

edge of the world
action modifier
guruhi
usable only by a ready guruhi you control, acting or not.
only usable if you have gained a victory point during this action.
you gain 4 pool.
if this guruhi is acting, he untaps and gains enough blood fomr the
blood bank to reach full capacity.
only one edge of the world can be played each action.

Blood shield
unique equipment
Osebo
2 pool
the minion with this equipment may prevent one damage from an oppossin
minion's strike each round. if ued to prevent damage from a strike made
by a vampire with capacity 6 or less, that vampire bruns 2 blood.

Bestial vengeance
combat
requires a laibon
Ani: only usable before range is determined. choose a retainer on this
laibon.
this combat this laibon is immune to frenzy cards and the oppossing
minion takes 1 damageduring strike resolution if the retainer is ready.
a vampire can only play one bestial vengeance each combat.
ANI: as above but for 2 damage

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Jozxyqk

May 23, 2009, 10:26:36 AM5/23/09
If you're actually typing these spoilers from a real box you somehow
obtained before the release date, I have one more question that not
even LSJ knew the full answer to before:
What's the deal with Aye/Orun in the box? How many? Is it a clearly-
marked extra booster?

Thanks!

stuj...@hotmail.com

May 23, 2009, 10:34:08 AM5/23/09
Just out of interest, what would happen if "Ilomba" is on an opposing
minion and you set off a Bomb?
Does the Ilomba take 5 points of damage, or only 1 as it only has 1
life?

****

lomba
retainer
animal with 1 life requires a laibon
put ilomba on any minion (this action is +1 stleath if that minion is
controlle dby another methuselah)
if ilomba would brun a life (or would be burned) this minion burns a
blood or life instead.
ih he cannot he is burned.
a minion can have only one ilomba..

****

PS: Thanks for the early list - looks like some gr8 cards

Chris Berger

May 23, 2009, 12:17:09 PM5/23/09

it seems like the opposing minion would take 10 damage - 5 for the
Bomb, and 5 for the life the Ilohmba would have burned for the Bomb...
I don't really see the point of this retainer, though... unless
you're playing a lot of animalism + laibon + weather control...

Peter D Bakija

May 23, 2009, 12:26:34 PM5/23/09
On May 23, 12:17 pm, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> I don't really see the point of this retainer, though...  unless
> you're playing a lot of animalism + laibon + weather control...

Put it on someone and Cryptic Mission the Ilomba a lot, and save
yourself the effort of the Societies.

Put it on a key opposing vampire and when you fight them, you go to
long and send all your strikes at the Ilomba--they can't use fortitude
to prevent the damage, and eventually, they get burned.

Seems pretty cool to me.

-Peter

suolir...@gmail.com

May 23, 2009, 12:32:11 PM5/23/09
On 23 touko, 19:17, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> I don't really see the point of this retainer, though...  unless
> you're playing a lot of animalism + laibon + weather control...

The victim burns if he can't afford to keep Ilomba alive. It's a weak
but accessible Anathema for ranged combat and an arguably stronger
Society of Leopold for blood denial decks.

Jozxyqk

May 23, 2009, 12:53:13 PM5/23/09

Put it on your own minion and recruit a War Ghoul.
Choose to burn the Ilomba, but instead his employer burns a blood.

Peter D Bakija

May 23, 2009, 1:11:37 PM5/23/09
On May 23, 12:53 pm, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:

> Peter D Bakija <p...@lightlink.com> wrote:
> Put it on your own minion and recruit a War Ghoul.
> Choose to burn the Ilomba, but instead his employer burns a blood.

Ooh! Sexy!

-Peter

jwnew...@bellsouth.net

May 23, 2009, 1:53:49 PM5/23/09
On May 23, 12:53 pm, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:

Then put your excess copies on your prey's minions, rush with the War
Ghoul and play Target: Retainer.

-witness1

ethe...@gmail.com

May 23, 2009, 2:00:07 PM5/23/09
in a box i didn"t had any of these:

Devil-Channel: Feet C
Jua Vema C
Taming the Beast C

for taming and Devil we will see if others people have it. perhaps
since there is some aye and orun in the booster they hd take theirs
places..

but jua Vema is in the booster and still in a box i got none.. :/

Orpheus

May 23, 2009, 2:10:22 PM5/23/09
>> ****
>> lomba
>> retainer
>> animal with 1 life requires a laibon
>> put ilomba on any minion (this action is +1 stleath if that minion is
>> controlle dby another methuselah)
>> if ilomba would brun a life (or would be burned) this minion burns a
>> blood or life instead.
>> ih he cannot he is burned.
>> a minion can have only one ilomba..
>> ****
>>
>> PS: Thanks for the early list - looks like some gr8 cards
>
> it seems like the opposing minion would take 10 damage - 5 for the
> Bomb, and 5 for the life the Ilohmba would have burned for the Bomb...
> I don't really see the point of this retainer, though... unless
> you're playing a lot of animalism + laibon + weather control...

I don't understand it the same way as you do : I'd say repeated strikes for
1 would damage the wearer, but if Lomba takes more than 1 damage it's still
1 damage for the wearer.

Orpheus

brandons...@yahoo.com

May 23, 2009, 2:36:04 PM5/23/09
Hiding in the open
political action
requires a laibon.
if this referendum is succesfull, this laibon get +1 bleed.
cards ich requires a non-laibon title cannot be played on this laibon
nor when this laibon is acting.
a minion can have only one : hiding n the open.

Can we have a Hunters set that includes a conviction that can be
burned when a minion is acting to prevent restrictions on cards that
require titles for the duration of the action? That would be awesome.

Brandon

suolir...@gmail.com

May 23, 2009, 4:02:00 PM5/23/09
There's a bunch of commons in that thread now if you scroll down a
little.

brutal influence
action
1 blood
pot: bleed at +1 bleed. when the action is announced this vampire may
tap X orun on him to get an additionnal +X bleed.
POT: +1 stealth action. tap X orun cards on this vampire to move X
blood from the blood bank to a younger laibon in your uncontrolled
region.

"Lucian, the Perfect bleeds for 16. Blocks?"

Teeka

May 23, 2009, 4:17:28 PM5/23/09
aisata swanou 7 abo ANI FOR VIC
during your master pahse you may draw a card and move a card from
your
hand to your ash heap or the top of your library

Now I know for like, 99% sure the answer is 'no', but...
When you draw a card using this ability, do you first discard down to
hand size -and then- move a card from your hand (which in turn results
in replacing said card)?

The Lasombra

May 25, 2009, 7:25:53 PM5/25/09

10 of each, loose, above the boosters.

bernd....@firstdata.de

May 26, 2009, 9:15:01 AM5/26/09

mhhh how will I deal with those during booster draft? just hand them
out 1 for each in the 8 player pod?!?!?!

The Lasombra

May 26, 2009, 9:47:45 AM5/26/09
On May 26, 9:15 am, bernd.schw...@firstdata.de wrote:

> > >What's the deal with Aye/Orun in the box?  How many?  Is it a clearly-
> > >marked extra booster?

> > 10 of each, loose, above the boosters.

> mhhh how will I deal with those during booster draft? just hand them
> out 1 for each in the 8 player pod?!?!?!

In Atlanta, we've held a pre-release event (8 players). What we did
was to allow anyone to draft an Aye or Orun instead of taking a card
from their current booster until all of them were gone. There were 5
Aye & 5 Orun per table.

It seemed to work very well in practice.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

Teeka

May 26, 2009, 12:53:39 PM5/26/09

Hm. I'm a casual buyer, will need to see how game stores are going to
handle that.

Jozxyqk

May 26, 2009, 6:28:12 PM5/26/09
James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> luanda magere 8 for CEL PRE PRO +1 strenght for each orun

Has anyone else noticed this little clause on Orun:
"If this Laibon...successfully performs a (D) action against a non-mortal
minion, he or she burns one Orun."

So, rushing with this guy is going to have diminishing returns...
Or require even more Orun for upkeep.
Oh well.

Orpheus

May 26, 2009, 6:35:15 PM5/26/09

Or he will have to block with the int. you can get in For and Cel. ;-)

Ok, he's bad. Or if you use Pro he can be "good" without Orun.

Orpheus, no Aye, no Orun. Just Necro.

Pullen

May 27, 2009, 2:09:14 AM5/27/09
kamiri adv 10
pot quietus ABO ANI FOR OBF
kamiri my inflict two unpreventable damage on a minion as D
MERGEd: once each action kamiri may burn a blood to give an acting
laibon +1 stealth

Seems Kamiri needs POT so he can use his spec, freak then Horseshoe
some people tell they burn via Ilomba. Hell play Restricted Vitae and
he could Foul Blood any one who hits 0 to burn them, neat.

Pullen
Baron of Ann Arbor

Pullen

May 27, 2009, 2:22:50 AM5/27/09

Yeah, I'm Kinda disappointed by all the new Ishtari, hell the only
thing I'm glad their getting is Celerity intercept and the Laibon
intercept/fail or fight card, oh well.

Pullen
Magaji of Ann Arbor

Pullen

May 27, 2009, 2:33:04 AM5/27/09

I ant no LSJ but I would say no, his special allows you to draw, then
move any card from hand to ash or lib, essentially allowing you to
stake the deck one card deep.

Pullen
Douchbag of Ann Arbor

Teeka

May 27, 2009, 1:52:32 PM5/27/09

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but I still wanted to check. Probably
just formulated like that for lack of space on the crypt card.

> Pullen
> Douchbag of Ann Arbor

:-)

Chris Berger

May 29, 2009, 11:35:57 AM5/29/09

I've seen a lot of people say strange things about Ilomba - either
they don't understand how it works or I don't... just to make sure
I'm not missing something... The minion burns blood when the Ilomba
takes damage (technically, when it burns a life or would be burned),
and the minion burns only if Ilomba is causing it to burn blood and it
cannot. So... how the heck could you burn someone with Foul Blood?

Ilomba isn't a terrible card, but it's a card for use in wacky combos,
not something that can just burn minions without plenty of effort and
planning...

Chris Berger

May 29, 2009, 11:43:51 AM5/29/09

I don't know, I still think he's awfully brutal. Cel has Savannah
Runner and Rooftop Shadows, Fortitude has Steadfastitude (or whatever
it's called), Protean has Eyes of the Beast and Sonar... plus
Familial Bond, and any permanent intercept you care to use... you
don't get the Enhanced Senses/Ministry/Quicken Sight caliber of
intercept cards, but he could definitely do some blocking. And a few
rushes in there for when you really need them and it's worth the
Orun...

The problem with all the Orun stuff is that they are so fragile.
Brutal Influence lets you bleed for a million, but if you use even 1
Orun (and don't get blocked/reduced), then that pops an Orun for
bleeding over 2. Some cool combat stuff is in the set, but rush
vampires and that'll pop an Orun too. Aye, by comparison, are
relatively tough to blow up, and provide an arguably better effect on
their own.

suolir...@gmail.com

May 29, 2009, 2:34:38 PM5/29/09
On 29 touko, 18:35, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Ilomba isn't a terrible card, but it's a card for use in wacky combos,
> not something that can just burn minions without plenty of effort and
> planning...

It's an easy way to get your .44 bullets past Skin of Steel and
whatnot. You'd want a permanent source of multiaction to make it worth
it for a combat deck but I'm sure it's doable.

Malone

May 29, 2009, 4:00:59 PM5/29/09

Yes, I agree with Orpheus, especially when Ilomba is at 1 life (which
it almost always will be).

If the Ilomba has more than 1 life it's even less clear what happens
when it takes multiple points of damage.

John Flournoy

May 29, 2009, 5:00:15 PM5/29/09

Ranged combat, or as been hinted at elsewhere, close-range combat
combined with Target: Retainers.

-John Flournoy

Chris Berger

May 29, 2009, 5:12:31 PM5/29/09

And Laibon guns + multiact + Ilomba + enough stealth to make the
Ilomba stick isn't a crazy combo for just getting around Skin of
Steel? (Okay, it also burns the minion without having to do agg
damage or Amaranth, which is good - I admit it's better than my
*first* impression of it... I think I stopped reading the first time
when I hit "ih he cannot" and didn't understand it. Not that a pretty
simple typo should have confused me that much, but it stopped my
scanning and caused me to ignore that line - without being able to
burn the minion, it would be balls.)

Still, other than circumventing prevent, which can be great depending
on metagame, there's still a question of how much effort it's worth to
burn minions instead of sending them to torpor where Fame and
Dragonbound can do their magic...

LSJ

May 29, 2009, 5:23:22 PM5/29/09

Taking five damage, the Iloumba would burn a life or be burned five times, so
the employer burns 5 blood instead (or rather, burns a blood five times).

Blooded Sand

May 29, 2009, 5:51:23 PM5/29/09

So Assault rifle strike to Ilomba, if the minion it is on has 3 life,
burns that minion?

suolir...@gmail.com

May 29, 2009, 6:51:14 PM5/29/09
On 30 touko, 00:12, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> > It's an easy way to get your .44 bullets past Skin of Steel and
> > whatnot. You'd want a permanent source of multiaction to make it worth
> > it for a combat deck but I'm sure it's doable.
>
> And Laibon guns + multiact + Ilomba + enough stealth to make the
> Ilomba stick isn't a crazy combo

Ishtarri+Glutton+Ilomba+Forced March+Resist the Earth's Grasp? It's
probably enough to get past Carlton/Telepathic Misdirection.

>for just getting around Skin of
> Steel?

Not just for getting around Skin of Steel.

> (Okay, it also burns the minion without having to do agg
> damage or Amaranth, which is good - I admit it's better than my
> *first* impression of it... I think I stopped reading the first time
> when I hit "ih he cannot" and didn't understand it.  Not that a pretty
> simple typo should have confused me that much, but it stopped my
> scanning and caused me to ignore that line - without being able to
> burn the minion, it would be balls.)
>
> Still, other than circumventing prevent, which can be great depending
> on metagame, there's still a question of how much effort it's worth to
> burn minions instead of sending them to torpor where Fame and
> Dragonbound can do their magic...

Well, there are always the Trophies.

Chris Berger

May 29, 2009, 7:37:30 PM5/29/09
On May 29, 5:51 pm, suoliruse...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 30 touko, 00:12, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
>
> > > It's an easy way to get your .44 bullets past Skin of Steel and
> > > whatnot. You'd want a permanent source of multiaction to make it worth
> > > it for a combat deck but I'm sure it's doable.
>
> > And Laibon guns + multiact + Ilomba + enough stealth to make the
> > Ilomba stick isn't a crazy combo
>
> Ishtarri+Glutton+Ilomba+Forced March+Resist the Earth's Grasp? It's
> probably enough to get past Carlton/Telepathic Misdirection.

Along with Concealed Weapon and guns and all the usual combat stuff
that goes along with it, for a clan that doesn't intercept all that
well (though better now than before). I mean, I generally consider
anything involving guns to be a crazy combo anyway. I know that .44
is the one gun that is worth its cost, but I still always preach that
if you can't get around either the cost of the equipment or the action
to get the equipment, then it's not worth it (thus Concealed). And
cel + aus block decks with Concealed .44s are good (at least, good at
what they do, which is block and shoot - not sure how good at
ousting)... but it's still a decent-length chain combo, and when you
remove the aus, you're either using less efficient intercept, or
you're doing rush combat, which I always find a dicey proposition with
weapons, especially if you don't have permanent rush.

Anyway, I'm not saying you couldn't build a pretty good deck with
Ishtarri and Ilomba. You probably can. *I* probably won't, but I'm
sure somebody will and it'll probably win some games. I'm just saying
(after my first post in this thread where I totally missed the point
and said Ilomba sucked), that it takes some work to make it good.

Peter D Bakija

May 30, 2009, 9:02:56 AM5/30/09
In article
<c8f746a0-9814-4384...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

Blooded Sand <sand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So Assault rifle strike to Ilomba, if the minion it is on has 3 life,
> burns that minion?

Yes. You put it on someone. You go to long and shoot the Ilomba. They
take the same damage they would anyway (essentially), except they can't
stop it with fortitude (and conversely, I suspect you can't Taste the
blood lost either). And when they run out of blood, they burn instead of
going to torpor. So you hit the Ilomba for 3? The guy with the Ilomba
burns 3 blood or gets burned. You hit the Ilomba for 5? The guy with the
Ilomba burns 5 blood or gets burned.

Peter D Bakija
pd...@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6/vtes.html

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"
-Gaff

Peter D Bakija

May 30, 2009, 9:08:01 AM5/30/09
In article
<8b6a4060-e0d2-42b4...@y7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,

suolir...@gmail.com wrote:
> It's an easy way to get your .44 bullets past Skin of Steel and
> whatnot. You'd want a permanent source of multiaction to make it worth
> it for a combat deck but I'm sure it's doable.

I dunno--I mean, like, yeah, if you are building a deck around it, sure,
you'd need multi action or something. But if you are building a deck
that already has:

A) Reliable access to Laibon (i.e. at least 5 Laibon in the deck).

B) Reliable access to ranged combat (guns or flung junk).

and

C) Reliable ways to get into combat (rush or intercept).

I can't see how throwing an Ilomba in the deck could possibly be a bad
deal. Worst case scenario, you ditch it. Best case scenario, you put it
on Arika and blow her up as he hand jams on fortitude...

Peter D Bakija

May 30, 2009, 9:09:12 AM5/30/09
In article
<804074cc-cc7e-4482...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Still, other than circumventing prevent, which can be great depending
> on metagame, there's still a question of how much effort it's worth to
> burn minions instead of sending them to torpor where Fame and
> Dragonbound can do their magic...

I dunno that it is worth a lot of effort to do that. But if you were
already Laibon and already getting in fights and already doing damage
from long range? Why would you *not* use it?

suolir...@gmail.com

May 30, 2009, 9:47:27 AM5/30/09
On 30 touko, 16:08, Peter D Bakija <p...@lightlink.com> wrote:
> In article
> <8b6a4060-e0d2-42b4-ae18-1b969761c...@y7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,

>  suoliruse...@gmail.com wrote:
> > It's an easy way to get your .44 bullets past Skin of Steel and
> > whatnot. You'd want a permanent source of multiaction to make it worth
> > it for a combat deck but I'm sure it's doable.
>
> I dunno--I mean, like, yeah, if you are building a deck around it, sure,
> you'd need multi action or something. But if you are building a deck
> that already has:
>
> A) Reliable access to Laibon (i.e. at least 5 Laibon in the deck).
>
> B) Reliable access to ranged combat (guns or flung junk).
>
> and
>
> C) Reliable ways to get into combat (rush or intercept).

Yeah, I was working under the same assumption. It's a card that might
go in a ranged laibon combat deck but I'm not sure if I'd want to
spend an action on it without excessive multiacting.

Blooded Sand

May 31, 2009, 5:44:42 AM5/31/09

Are you still the controller of the Ilomba or is the other meth? I
would verge towards other meth, which does open up possibilities.....

James Coupe

May 31, 2009, 7:01:53 AM5/31/09
Blooded Sand <sand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Are you still the controller of the Ilomba or is the other meth? I
>would verge towards other meth, which does open up possibilities.....

All minion cards are controlled by the Methuselah who controls the
minion they're on, unless they say something like "You still control
this card."

Ilomba lacks any such text, so the default applies.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.
EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 NO-ONE IS SCREAMING.

Peter D Bakija

May 31, 2009, 9:31:09 AM5/31/09
On May 31, 5:44 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you still the controller of the Ilomba or is the other meth? I
> would verge towards other meth, which does open up possibilities.....

And those possibilities are?

Intrigued.

-Peter

Blooded Sand

May 31, 2009, 11:48:01 AM5/31/09

Spam ilombas and oust via minion removal + cant take it with you

Peter D Bakija

May 31, 2009, 12:10:59 PM5/31/09
On May 31, 11:48 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Spam ilombas and oust via minion removal + cant take it with you

Hi-sterical.

-Peter

Blooded Sand

Jun 1, 2009, 4:16:13 AM6/1/09

Peter, remember, other people might not see your ninja smileys.

so.... ;)

Peter D Bakija

Jun 1, 2009, 10:19:23 AM6/1/09
On Jun 1, 4:16 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter, remember, other people might not see your ninja smileys.
>
> so.... ;)

In what world are we living where one would need a smiley to go with
"Hi-sterical"? Really? What part of "Hi-sterical" is vague, or
requires additional support?

-Peter

henrik

Jun 1, 2009, 10:47:29 AM6/1/09
On Jun 1, 3:19 pm, Peter D Bakija <p...@lightlink.com> wrote:

> > Peter, remember, other people might not see your ninja smileys.
>
> > so.... ;)
>
> In what world are we living where one would need a smiley to go with
> "Hi-sterical"? Really? What part of "Hi-sterical" is vague, or
> requires additional support?

The ironic part?

Blooded Sand

Jun 1, 2009, 10:57:40 AM6/1/09

The world where people have flame wars because of the ninjitude of
your sneaky smileys. Really man, have you forgotten your netiquette
101 as presented by Master Kev M?

Peter D Bakija

Jun 1, 2009, 12:41:50 PM6/1/09
On Jun 1, 10:57 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The world where people have flame wars because of the ninjitude of
> your sneaky smileys. Really man, have you forgotten your netiquette
> 101 as presented by Master Kev M?

Yet still. "Hi-sterical". What could it possibly mean? If taken fully
at face value, it translates as "hysterical" which means "funny". Why
would saying something is "funny" need a smiley? And that it was
spelled "Hi-sterical" only changes emphasis in sylables. And for my
money, makes it *extra* hysterical. Which giving people Ilombas and
then killing them with You Can't Take It With You, in fact, is (i.e.
extra hysterical). Like, I'm really misunderstanding what you were
thinking I was saying that somehow needed a smiley to clarify. I
thought the idea was funny. So I said it was funny. I'm lost.

I mean, I realize that you are not being, like, critical or anything.
But I'm wondering what you read in that post and made you thing "Hmm.
This should have a smiley in it". It is kind of like if someone said
"Heh. That's funny." and then you pointed out that such a statement
should have a smiley in it. Which is non-sensical.

-Peter

Peter D Bakija

Jun 1, 2009, 5:15:58 PM6/1/09
In article
<4e6134cd-3f2d-42a1...@w40g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
henrik <www.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The ironic part?

Now that, too, is hi-sterical...

Blooded Sand

Jun 2, 2009, 3:49:59 AM6/2/09
On Jun 1, 6:41 pm, Peter D Bakija <p...@lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Jun 1, 10:57 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The world where people have flame wars because of the ninjitude of
> > your sneaky smileys. Really man, have you forgotten your netiquette
> > 101 as presented by Master Kev M?
>
> Yet still. "Hi-sterical". What could it possibly mean? If taken fully
> at face value, it translates as "hysterical" which means "funny". Why
> would saying something is "funny" need a smiley? And that it was
> spelled "Hi-sterical" only changes emphasis in sylables. And for my
> money, makes it *extra* hysterical. Which giving people Ilombas and
> then killing them with You Can't Take It With You, in fact, is (i.e.
> extra hysterical). Like, I'm really misunderstanding what you were
> thinking I was saying that somehow needed a smiley to clarify. I
> thought the idea was funny. So I said it was funny. I'm lost.

And i was agreeing with you. But for the benefit of the ignorant
unwashed masses, who do not understand your sense of funny some of the
time, i wanted to ensure that they get it. Cos it was quite funny.
Pretty sure there have been some fairly lengthy threads over this
exact matter before

Peter D Bakija

Jun 2, 2009, 8:54:32 AM6/2/09
On Jun 2, 3:49 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And i was agreeing with you. But for the benefit of the ignorant
> unwashed masses, who do not understand your sense of funny some of the
> time, i wanted to ensure that they get it.

Now, to be clear here--I'm neither arguing with nor fighting with you
here. I'm honestly just confused.

Ok. So you posted something funny. I responded with, essentially,
"that's funny!". Why would anyone not understand that? Such that it
would require a smiley?

> Cos it was quite funny.
> Pretty sure there have been some fairly lengthy threads over this
> exact matter before

Well, sure. But, for example, that "We banned Left for Dead" post?
That could have used a smiley. As it was incredibly subtle humor. A
post saying "that's funny" about a post that was funny? I'm not seeing
why a smiley would be necessary.

-Peter

Blooded Sand

Jun 2, 2009, 10:33:01 AM6/2/09

Peter, serious is sometimes it's own worst enemy.
i made a funny.
You said it's funny
i made a funny in return.
Where's the confusion? ;)
See the smiley ( means it's a funny!)

Peter D Bakija

Jun 2, 2009, 10:52:47 AM6/2/09
On Jun 2, 10:33 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter, serious is sometimes it's own worst enemy.
> i made a funny.
> You said it's funny
> i made a funny in return.
> Where's the confusion? ;)
> See the smiley ( means it's a funny!)- Hide quoted text -

But, but, but. Saying it is funny doesn't need a smiley. Unless the
comedy was in saying it needed a smiley when it didn't need a smiley.
But, uh, yeah, I got nothing.

-Peter

Blooded Sand

Jun 2, 2009, 1:37:57 PM6/2/09

I say to thee, sirrah, PARIS!!

:)

AlexO

Jun 8, 2009, 2:58:58 PM6/8/09
On May 29, 8:35 am, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

> Ilomba isn't a terrible card, but it's a card for use in wacky combos,
> not something that can just burn minions without plenty of effort and
> planning...

Best use of Ilomba as I see, is to give em to your targets, then rush
Ilomba with ranged. Not too complicated.