LSJ: Agent of Power + Bima + Siren's Lure at mel

Mr_Wyrm (AKA Pentex)

Oct 1, 2007, 2:49:37 PM10/1/07
hi!

after read another post where LSJ says that i can use bima and agent
of power to use a legion of bimas with bloodlines disciplines, i have
a doubt:

i play bima, using agent of power to give it mel permanently. few
turns later frederick tries to bleed and gets blocked (considering
that frederick doest not like to play catatonic + aim ;-) ) and bima
use siren's lure at mel. when the action resolves, siren's lure sees
bima as a vampire and start the schedule combat or fizz cause bima is
an ally?

relevant cards:

#001 Agent of Power [LotN:C] (from presence forum)
Cardtype: Master. Discipline. Trifle. Unique.
Put this card on a vampire you control and choose a Discipline. This
vampire gains 1 level of that Discipline. Burn this card during your
discard phase.
[Draft]: As above, but this card not unique and is not burned during
your discard phase.

Siren's Lure
Type: Action Modifier
Requires: Melpominee/Celerity
[cel] This vampire burns 2 blood to get +1 stealth.
[mel] Only usable by an untapped ready vampire other than the acting
minion when a minion attempts to block. That minion cannot block this
action. Tap this vampire and that minion. Once the action resolves,
this vampire enters combat with that minion.
[MEL] As [mel] above, but do not tap this modifying vampire.

Bima
Type: Ally
Requires: Follower of Set
Cost: 1 blood
Ghoul with 2 life. 2 strength, 1 bleed.
When this Bima enters play, move a master: Discipline card to it from
your hand or burn this Bima. The Bima may play cards that require the
basic level of that Discipline as a vampire.

gpett...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2007, 3:06:49 PM10/1/07
On Oct 1, 2:49 pm, "Mr_Wyrm (AKA Pentex)" <shaitan.ba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Siren's Lure thinks Bima is a vampire. Bima enters combat.

--
- Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

LSJ

Oct 1, 2007, 3:09:35 PM10/1/07
Mr_Wyrm (AKA Pentex) wrote:
> hi!
>
> after read another post where LSJ says that i can use bima and agent
> of power to use a legion of bimas with bloodlines disciplines, i have
> a doubt:
>
> i play bima, using agent of power to give it mel permanently. few
> turns later frederick tries to bleed and gets blocked (considering
> that frederick doest not like to play catatonic + aim ;-) ) and bima
> use siren's lure at mel. when the action resolves, siren's lure sees
> bima as a vampire and start the schedule combat or fizz cause bima is
> an ally?

Bima played Siren's Lure => the effects of the play of Siren's Lure see Bima as
a vampire. [1.6.3]

Baaliprimogen

Oct 2, 2007, 4:39:34 AM10/2/07

but will not argen burn in your discardphase, then the Bima is
disciplineless?

niko...@hotmail.com

Oct 2, 2007, 5:46:52 AM10/2/07

Some other questions:

Can a bima use Clothos Gift to add two blood to a 1 cap vampire in
your uncontrolled?

Clotho`s Gift, Action, 1 blood, Temporis/Obfuscate, C1 ,
[Bloodlines:C1]
+1 stealth action. [obf] Move the top vampire from your crypt to your
uncontrolled region. [tem] Move 2 blood from the blood bank to a
younger vampire in your uncontrolled region. [TEM] Put this card on
this acting vampire. Beginning with your next turn, once during each
of your minion phases, this vampire can burn 1 blood to untap.

If a bima plays Domain of Evernight and takes aggravated damage in the
combat, then he is considered an ally for the resolution of that
damage, right? IE. its considered regular damage.

Domain of Evernight, Action Modifier, Temporis/Obfuscate, C1 ,
[Bloodlines:C1]
[obf] +1 stealth. [tem] If this action is blocked, all damage done to
vampires in the resulting combat is aggravated. [TEM] Only usable when
an action is successful. Untap this acting vampire. A vampire can play
only one Domain of Evernight at superior each turn.

Is each Bima considered his own circle for all purposes relating to
the playing of Sanguinus cards? Can Angelo still be considered to be
part of that circle?

If a Bima plays Ashes to Ashes, he goes to torpor and can then never
leave it again?

Ashes to Ashes, Combat, Thanatosis/Fortitude, R2 , [Bloodlines:R2]
[for] Only usable by a vampire being burned; he or she is sent into
torpor instead. [thn] Prevent all damage. This vampire untaps and goes
to torpor (ending combat). [THN] As [thn] above, and this vampire
gains 2 blood from the blood bank.

Jozxyqk

Oct 2, 2007, 6:20:30 AM10/2/07

No.
The card text of Bima says nothing about losing access to that discipline
if the discipline card goes away.
It's mechanically different from a vampire with a skillcard.

LSJ

Oct 2, 2007, 6:38:00 AM10/2/07
niko...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Can a bima use Clothos Gift to add two blood to a 1 cap vampire in
> your uncontrolled?
>
> Clotho`s Gift, Action, 1 blood, Temporis/Obfuscate, C1 ,
> [Bloodlines:C1]
> +1 stealth action. [obf] Move the top vampire from your crypt to your
> uncontrolled region. [tem] Move 2 blood from the blood bank to a
> younger vampire in your uncontrolled region. [TEM] Put this card on
> this acting vampire. Beginning with your next turn, once during each
> of your minion phases, this vampire can burn 1 blood to untap.

? I'm not sure what the confusion is.

If it is "what capacity is the Bima considered to be when playing cards as a
vampire", then the answer, given in the rulebook, is: 1.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/rulebook.html#sec1_6_3

> If a bima plays Domain of Evernight and takes aggravated damage in the
> combat, then he is considered an ally for the resolution of that
> damage, right? IE. its considered regular damage.
>
> Domain of Evernight, Action Modifier, Temporis/Obfuscate, C1 ,
> [Bloodlines:C1]
> [obf] +1 stealth. [tem] If this action is blocked, all damage done to
> vampires in the resulting combat is aggravated. [TEM] Only usable when
> an action is successful. Untap this acting vampire. A vampire can play
> only one Domain of Evernight at superior each turn.

Also given in [1.6.3]

> Is each Bima considered his own circle for all purposes relating to
> the playing of Sanguinus cards? Can Angelo still be considered to be
> part of that circle?

Yes.
Google "Angelo circle one author:LSJ"

> If a Bima plays Ashes to Ashes, he goes to torpor and can then never
> leave it again?
>
> Ashes to Ashes, Combat, Thanatosis/Fortitude, R2 , [Bloodlines:R2]
> [for] Only usable by a vampire being burned; he or she is sent into
> torpor instead. [thn] Prevent all damage. This vampire untaps and goes
> to torpor (ending combat). [THN] As [thn] above, and this vampire
> gains 2 blood from the blood bank.

See [1.6.3]

v.ri...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2007, 9:24:50 AM10/3/07
On 1 oct, 20:49, "Mr_Wyrm (AKA Pentex)" <shaitan.ba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> after read another post where LSJ says that i can use bima and agent
> of power to use a legion of bimas with bloodlines disciplines, i have
> a doubt:

I think that Agent of Power is still unique when put on Bima. So you
can have only one Bima with a bloodline discipline at a time.
Right?

Mr_Wyrm (AKA Pentex)

Oct 3, 2007, 9:37:35 AM10/3/07

one each turn. it burns at discard phase. one trick is recicle it with
anthelios or use a bunch of them and pump the vampires also.

LSJ

Oct 3, 2007, 9:37:10 AM10/3/07

It is unique, yes.
So you cannot play another one while you control that one.
But that one will burn during your discard phase, by card text on Agent of Power.
The Bima still "has" that Discipline, though, by his own card text.
And then, on your next turn, you can play another Agent of Power on a new Bima
(since you won't be self-contesting).

Daneel

Oct 6, 2007, 11:42:58 AM10/6/07

Ghoul with 2 life. 2 strength, 1 bleed. When this Bima enters play, move

a master: Discipline card to it from your hand or burn this Bima. The

Bima may play cards that require the basic level of that discipline as
a vampire.

This seems pretty odd at first glance. To me it seems more intuitive to
reason that Bima's text refers to the Discipline granted by the Master:
Discipline card on it; if no such card exists, no such discipline exists.

Following precedent set by Satyr + Disarm (among other things).

Changeling with 3 life. 1 strength, 1 bleed. When Shadow Court Satyr comes
into play, you may put a combat card from your hand on him. Once each
combat, Satyr may use the ability of that card as if that card had been
played from your hand. If the card has a cost, he pays its cost in life
to use its ability. If the card requires a Discipline, he may only use
the basic ability of that card as a vampire with a capacity of 1. If the
ability would give him blood, give him life instead.

--
Regards,

Daneel

LSJ

Oct 6, 2007, 4:45:34 PM10/6/07

Yes, I indicated as such when mentioning intuition on this case before.

> Following precedent set by Satyr + Disarm (among other things).
>
> Changeling with 3 life. 1 strength, 1 bleed. When Shadow Court Satyr comes
> into play, you may put a combat card from your hand on him. Once each
> combat, Satyr may use the ability of that card as if that card had been
> played from your hand. If the card has a cost, he pays its cost in life
> to use its ability. If the card requires a Discipline, he may only use
> the basic ability of that card as a vampire with a capacity of 1. If the
> ability would give him blood, give him life instead.

Good call.

REVERSAL: Bima's "that Discipline" refers to the card on Bima, just as the
Satyr's "that card" refers to the card on Satyr.

If the card is no longer there, then the effect cannot be used.