Felt In love with this girl

1 view

Smiling Tom

Nov 16, 2003, 5:16:15 PM11/16/03
Today we've held our BH prerelease. I've been lucky, and picked up a !nos
starter. But what made my day was drawing 2 copies of nahir from the 3
boosters. Wow, what a vamp.

Added the two copies of her in the deck, no matter she doesn't have obf at
all. Her special is awesome. On the 2 rounds and the final, I managed to put
her in play (thanks to that other great card, Social Ladder) Holding a hand
of ten all the game is really cool.

Didn't win, though. Run out of deck when it became a tete a tete against
david fraile, who finally won with the !tremeres. Nice, as this was the
first pre-release tournament I've ever played. It's really fun to play such
limited decks.

But I've been thinking about Nahir all day. Perhaps it's a bit early to say
so, but to me, this vamp might be appointed as "the Vamp" of the expansion.
And the Shy artwork for her is superb, too

Nahir
Lasombra, cap 10
ANI DOM OBT POT tha
Sabbat. If Nahir is ready, you may use a master phase action to burn 1 pool
to put a research counter on her. Each research counter she has increases
your hand size by one. +1 bleed

So perhaps I'll try to backup her with Julio Martinez, perhaps Silvia and
any other ANI POT DOM vamp, we'll see what it might come through.

BTW, hasn't anyone noticed that Imogen (the !malk archbishop of miami) is
now an 8 cap? It was a 9 in Sabbat...Any other "only sabbat" vamp has any
other change to it's capacity/disciplines/card text???

Smiling Tom

The Lasombra

Nov 16, 2003, 8:13:03 PM11/16/03
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:16:15 +0100, "Smiling Tom" <t...@almadrava.net>
wrote:

>Today we've held our BH prerelease. I've been lucky, and picked up a !nos
>starter. But what made my day was drawing 2 copies of nahir from the 3
>boosters. Wow, what a vamp.

>Nahir

>Lasombra, cap 10
>ANI DOM OBT POT tha
>Sabbat. If Nahir is ready, you may use a master phase action to burn 1 pool
>to put a research counter on her. Each research counter she has increases
>your hand size by one. +1 bleed

Nahir is a house.
You can build lots of decks around her, and I expect that lots of
people will.

>BTW, hasn't anyone noticed that Imogen (the !malk archbishop of miami) is
>now an 8 cap?

You are correct.

>It was a 9 in Sabbat...Any other "only sabbat" vamp has any
>other change to it's capacity/disciplines/card text???

Reverend Blackwood's card text is cleared up to make certain that
people aren't trying to do damage with Theft of Vitae.

I did not notice any other big changes.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

LSJ

Nov 16, 2003, 8:44:43 PM11/16/03
Smiling Tom wrote:
> BTW, hasn't anyone noticed that Imogen (the !malk archbishop of miami) is
> now an 8 cap? It was a 9 in Sabbat...Any other "only sabbat" vamp has any
> other change to it's capacity/disciplines/card text???

Imogen is still a 9. Errata to the Black Hand version.
No "only Sabbat" vamp has any functional change in Black Hand.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

AL

Nov 17, 2003, 12:26:42 AM11/17/03
"Smiling Tom" <t...@almadrava.net> wrote:

> BTW, hasn't anyone noticed that Imogen (the !malk archbishop of miami) is
> now an 8 cap? It was a 9 in Sabbat...Any other "only sabbat" vamp has any
> other change to it's capacity/disciplines/card text???

Whaaat? That nice looking lady who always was 1 capacity too big to
fit in any reasonable deck? Excellent...

-Antero

Kevin M.

Nov 19, 2003, 1:59:32 AM11/19/03
The Lasombra <TheLa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:16:15 +0100, "Smiling Tom" <t...@almadrava.net>
> wrote:
>>BTW, hasn't anyone noticed that Imogen (the !malk archbishop of
>>miami) is now an 8 cap?
>
> You are correct.

Any chance of a new Malk & Kookies? I'll suply the old Imogen!

LSJ! LSJ! <rrrrripp> LSJ! LSJ!

=)

> Carpe noctem.
> Lasombra
> http://www.TheLasombra.com

Kevin M., Prince of Henderson, NV (USA)
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

Kevin M.

Nov 19, 2003, 2:01:23 AM11/19/03
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Smiling Tom wrote:
>> BTW, hasn't anyone noticed that Imogen (the !malk archbishop of
>> miami) is now an 8 cap? It was a 9 in Sabbat...Any other "only
>> sabbat" vamp has any other change to it's capacity/disciplines/card
>> text???
>
> Imogen is still a 9. Errata to the Black Hand version.
> No "only Sabbat" vamp has any functional change in Black Hand.

Whoops! I guess I spoke too soon!

LSJ! LSJ! <rrrrripp> LSJ! LSJ!

=)

> LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

> Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Kevin M.

Luis Duarte

Nov 19, 2003, 6:29:54 AM11/19/03
"Smiling Tom" <t...@almadrava.net> wrote in message news:
>(...)

> Nahir
> Lasombra, cap 10
> ANI DOM OBT POT tha
> Sabbat. If Nahir is ready, you may use a master phase action to burn 1 pool
> to put a research counter on her. Each research counter she has increases
> your hand size by one. +1 bleed

I'll try to combine her with Kanimana Belghazi, Elder Library, Visit
form the Capuchin, Dreams of the Sphinx and other stuff.
The deck will have only one purpose: try to reach the highest hand
size during a game! :)

By the way, anyone have any interesting strategy to use these Research
Counters for any other thing?
(It was interesting if one could burn own counters to make damage on
the prey).

.- Luis Duarte (Portugal)