ToGP Q

2 vues

guntherbl

non lue,
10 nov. 2000, 03:00:0010/11/2000
I find Temptation of Greater Power a bit confusing. How does it work?
In particular: "Highest bidder burns pool and takes control of the
vampire.Highest bidder pays 1 pool toward his or her debt at the end of
each of his or her turns until debt is repaid." Shall the highest bidder
burn the pool she has to pay in a single payment when she takes control
of the vampire or shall she pay 1 pool each turn (until the total is
paid) or may she choose between the two "methods of payment"?

Thank you for your time.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

hamd...@my-deja.com

non lue,
10 nov. 2000, 03:00:0010/11/2000
In article <8uh684$4og$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

guntherbl <gunt...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I find Temptation of Greater Power a bit confusing. How does it work?
> In particular: "Highest bidder burns pool and takes control of the
> vampire.Highest bidder pays 1 pool toward his or her debt at the end
of
> each of his or her turns until debt is repaid." Shall the highest
bidder
> burn the pool she has to pay in a single payment when she takes
control
> of the vampire or shall she pay 1 pool each turn (until the total is
> paid) or may she choose between the two "methods of payment"?

I believe the answer is somewhere between the two: You can elect to pay
up to 5 of the pool off in instalments. However, it is not compulsory -
you can pay all of the pool at the "point of sale".

If you do elect to pay off in instalments, you must pay one pool at the
end of each turn until the debt is repayed - you cannot pay more, or
less, on one of the turns if you wish.

Hope this helps

DH

LSJ

non lue,
10 nov. 2000, 03:00:0010/11/2000
guntherbl wrote:

> I find Temptation of Greater Power a bit confusing. How does it work?
> In particular: "Highest bidder burns pool and takes control of the
> vampire.Highest bidder pays 1 pool toward his or her debt at the end of
> each of his or her turns until debt is repaid." Shall the highest bidder
> burn the pool she has to pay in a single payment when she takes control
> of the vampire or shall she pay 1 pool each turn (until the total is
> paid) or may she choose between the two "methods of payment"?

You omitted the "Methuselahs may [be creditted up to five pool on the bid]:"
bit prepended to the statement about repayment.

The high bidder must pay the bid she made. She can be credited up to
5 pool of that for later payment. So if her winning bid was 5 or less,
she can be creditted it all and need burn no pool at the conclusion
of the auction, but would then burn 1 pool at the end of each of
her turns until the bid amount was paid. She could elect to pay any
or all of the amount at the conclusion of the auction, however.
If the winning bid is greater than 5, then she can be creditted only
up to 5 pool, and must immdiately pay (burn pool in the amount of) the
difference, paying the rest 1 per turn as before.

Upon winning with a bid of X, the winner burns between X-5 and X pool
(not less than zero) immediately - she can choose any number in that
range. Say she chooses to pay Y (X-5 <= Y < X). Then she must burn
one pool at the end of each of her next X-Y turns (incluing this one,
if it is her turn currently).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message