LSJ: Yawp Court damage + Psyche!

YY

Oct 6, 2009, 9:25:40 PM10/6/09
I came across a scenario last night regarding Yawp Court and Psyche!.

Scenario:
- Vamp A takes a successful political action, Vamp B enters combat
with A using Yawp Court.
- A plays an s:ce, B plays Psyche!

Does B take the 2 damage from Yawp Court at this point?

Continuing from the scenario:
- In the second combat, A plays another s:ce, and B plays another
Psyche!

Does B take the 2 damage from Yawp Court again?
If the same thing happens for a few more combats, would B take 2
damage each time?

Cheers,

Y.Y.

YY

Oct 6, 2009, 9:27:06 PM10/6/09

Oops, forgot to quote the card text.

Psyche!
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Celerity
[cel] Press.
[CEL] Only usable at the end of combat when both combatants are still
ready. Begin another combat with the opposing minion.

Yawp Court
Cardtype: Master
Master: unique location. Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
When a political action is successful, before the referendum, [tap
this card and a ready untapped Sabbat vampire you control] to have
that vampire enter combat with the acting vampire. If the acting
vampire is still ready at the end of combat, the Sabbat vampire takes
2 damage, and the referendum is conducted as normal.

The Lasombra

Oct 6, 2009, 9:30:29 PM10/6/09
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:25:40 -0700 (PDT), YY wrote:

>I came across a scenario last night regarding Yawp Court and Psyche!.

>Scenario:
>- Vamp A takes a successful political action, Vamp B enters combat
>with A using Yawp Court.
>- A plays an s:ce, B plays Psyche!

>Does B take the 2 damage from Yawp Court at this point?

Yes.

>Continuing from the scenario:
>- In the second combat, A plays another s:ce, and B plays another
>Psyche!

>Does B take the 2 damage from Yawp Court again?

No.
This second combat is not the Yawp Court combat.

>If the same thing happens for a few more combats, would B take 2
>damage each time?

No.
Never again after the first combat.

botipeti

Oct 7, 2009, 2:58:26 AM10/7/09

hmm, interesting. can player B play Psyche! at all to begin a new
combat? if yes, does the Psyche! not cancel the pending 'the
referendum is conducted as normal' effect of Yawp Court meaning that
the referendum is completly over regardless of vampire A remaining
ready or not?

LSJ

Oct 7, 2009, 6:37:49 AM10/7/09
botipeti wrote:
> hmm, interesting. can player B play Psyche! at all to begin a new
> combat? if yes, does the Psyche! not cancel the pending 'the
> referendum is conducted as normal' effect of Yawp Court

No.

> meaning that
> the referendum is completly over regardless of vampire A remaining
> ready or not?

The referendum is conducted after the Psyche! combat.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/9e476d8728732893