[LSJ] Walk Through Arcadia v. WMRH Talk Radio

4 vues

crispy

non lue,
15 août 2004, 13:03:2515/08/2004
An mildly interesting situation came up at the NYC tournament
yesterday. I did a quick news group search and couldn't find a
similar situation, although I'm sure the basic rule premise is
somewhere in there. Dolphin Black w/ 1 blood bleeds, with Lost in
Crowds. Banjoko attempts to block with a Sports Bike and +1 intercept
from WMRH Talk Radio. Dolphin Black plays Walk Through Arcadia,
paying her one blood. It comes up tails, she takes the point of
damage and goes to torpor. We decided that Banjoko's controller burns
a pool, because the action ended once Dolphin went to torpor, and
there was no opportunity to add more stealth, so there wasn't a
"successful block."

Looking at the rules, it looks like we were wrong. They say: "If a
block fails (the acting minion's stealth exceeds the blocker's
intercept and the blocker's Methuselah cannot add or does not
wish to add more intercept)" (6.2.2.2). So the block didn't fail,
because stealth didn't exceed intercept. I assume a block that
doesn't fail is successful, so the controller shouldn't burn a pool.

Because, you know, it could come up again, and we should be ready for
it.

LSJ

non lue,
15 août 2004, 15:02:2715/08/2004
"crispy" <crisp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1700ad7e.04081...@posting.google.com...

> An mildly interesting situation came up at the NYC tournament
> yesterday. I did a quick news group search and couldn't find a
> similar situation, although I'm sure the basic rule premise is
> somewhere in there. Dolphin Black w/ 1 blood bleeds, with Lost in
> Crowds. Banjoko attempts to block with a Sports Bike and +1 intercept
> from WMRH Talk Radio. Dolphin Black plays Walk Through Arcadia,
> paying her one blood. It comes up tails, she takes the point of
> damage and goes to torpor. We decided that Banjoko's controller burns
> a pool, because the action ended once Dolphin went to torpor, and
> there was no opportunity to add more stealth, so there wasn't a
> "successful block."

Yeah, he'd burn a pool just as soon as the action resolves.
It never gets to resolution, however, so that won't be any time soon.

(Short answer: Banjoko's controller doesn't burn a pool).

> Looking at the rules, it looks like we were wrong. They say: "If a
> block fails (the acting minion's stealth exceeds the blocker's
> intercept and the blocker's Methuselah cannot add or does not
> wish to add more intercept)" (6.2.2.2). So the block didn't fail,
> because stealth didn't exceed intercept. I assume a block that
> doesn't fail is successful, so the controller shouldn't burn a pool.

Um. Maybe. But Moot. WMRH keys on resolution.

> Because, you know, it could come up again, and we should be ready for
> it.

V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu

0 nouveau message