Question for LSJ about Martyr's Resiliance

4 vues

Emmit Svenson

non lue,
26 déc. 2001, 18:37:0426/12/2001
Martyr's Resiliance is "Only usable by an untapped vampire not
involved in the current combat". Can it be played by an untapped
vampire in torpor?

Reyda

non lue,
26 déc. 2001, 21:00:5626/12/2001

"Emmit Svenson" <emmits...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Martyr's Resiliance is "Only usable by an untapped vampire not
> involved in the current combat". Can it be played by an untapped
> vampire in torpor?

no. Reaction cards can't be played by a vampire in torpor unless specific
card text says so. eg : Crimson Fury.

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
26 déc. 2001, 23:23:0526/12/2001
"Reyda" <re...@noos.fr> wrote in message

Well, you are right about reactions...but martyr's resiliance is a combat
card. And since I don't think there is any provision from playing combat
cards in torpor, you should be able to play it as long as you are untapped
with aus+for. There is however an errata that says: "Action modifiers
cannot be played by a vampire in torpor unless that vampire is the acting
minion" I can fore see that being expanded to include combat cards etc, but
that would be up to LSJ?
--
Aaron
The Nosferatu Stuff

GreySeer

non lue,
27 déc. 2001, 01:30:2327/12/2001
"The Nosferatu Stuff" <roans...@REMOVE.yahoo.com> wrote in message

As the rules stand it seems to be legal. There's nothing in the rules that
states that a minion in torpor cannot play combat cards. Similar applies to
Infection, which has the same template as MR.

I would take it that the intent is either that both are playable by a minion
in torpor. Either that or the torpor rules need to be changed.

Without trying to be too picky, the action modifiers thing mentioned above
is not actually errata ( any more? ) it's in the rules.

Max

non lue,
27 déc. 2001, 07:21:4527/12/2001
> As the rules stand it seems to be legal. There's nothing in the rules that
> states that a minion in torpor cannot play combat cards. Similar applies to
> Infection, which has the same template as MR.

True, but it seems quite unlogical that a minion cannot enter combat
because of its torporized state, but he can play combat cards...
LSJ ?

Max

GreySeer

non lue,
27 déc. 2001, 07:42:0627/12/2001

"Max" <hot...@virgilio.it> wrote in message

I'm not saying it makes sense just that under the current rules it's
possible. If this is not the designers intent then the Torpor rules need to
be changed.

LSJ

non lue,
27 déc. 2001, 07:42:5327/12/2001