Shamblers Q

AL

Jul 1, 2003, 10:42:38 AM7/1/03
This happened:

My predators Rudolpho Giovanni attempts to recruit Shambling Hordes,
and I block with Nadima and play Set's Call.

Shambling Hordes' Text:
...[nec] When Shambling Hordes enters play, remove an ally or vampire
in your ash heap from the game or burn Shambling Hordes...

My prey states that the demented old man was making his incantations
beside an empty grave, and refuses to feed SH from his ash heap. So,
we figured that removing an ally/vampire from ash heap is not
mandatory, right?

-Antero

LSJ

Jul 1, 2003, 10:51:23 AM7/1/03

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

John P.

Jul 1, 2003, 11:04:46 AM7/1/03

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:3F019FEB...@white-wolf.com...

> > My predators Rudolpho Giovanni attempts to recruit Shambling Hordes,
> > and I block with Nadima and play Set's Call.
> >
> > Shambling Hordes' Text:
> > ...[nec] When Shambling Hordes enters play, remove an ally or vampire
> > in your ash heap from the game or burn Shambling Hordes...
> >
> > My prey states that the demented old man was making his incantations
> > beside an empty grave, and refuses to feed SH from his ash heap. So,
> > we figured that removing an ally/vampire from ash heap is not
> > mandatory, right?
>
> Correct.

just for clairification:
The original recruiter has the option of removing the ally or vampire or letting the
shambling hordes burn prior to Set's call moving control. Correct?

So does this mean that the Shambling hordes enters play under the control of the original recruiter before being passed to the
controller of the follower of Set? IE: the controller of the follower of Set does not have the option to burn a vampire or Ally to
avoid the shambling hordes burning?

-JTP

LSJ

Jul 1, 2003, 11:30:53 AM7/1/03
John P. wrote:
[Re: Set's Call on a Shambling Horde recruitment]

> The original recruiter has the option of removing the ally or vampire or letting the
> shambling hordes burn prior to Set's call moving control. Correct?

The acting vampire's controller is the "you" for playing the card (putting the card in play).
She never actually controls the ally, however.

> So does this mean that the Shambling hordes enters play under the control of the original recruiter before being passed to the
> controller of the follower of Set? IE: the controller of the follower of Set does not have the option to burn a vampire or Ally to
> avoid the shambling hordes burning?

The controller of the vampire that played Set's Call (Follower of Set or otherwise)
has no option there, correct.

See also Set's Call on a War Ghoul. [LSJ 30-DEC-2001]

Ulugh Beg

Jul 1, 2003, 9:37:18 PM7/1/03
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3F01A92D...@white-wolf.com>...

> John P. wrote:
> [Re: Set's Call on a Shambling Horde recruitment]
> > The original recruiter has the option of removing the ally or vampire or letting the
> > shambling hordes burn prior to Set's call moving control. Correct?
>
> The acting vampire's controller is the "you" for playing the card (putting the card in play).
> She never actually controls the ally, however.
>
> > So does this mean that the Shambling hordes enters play under the control of the original recruiter before being passed to the
> > controller of the follower of Set? IE: the controller of the follower of Set does not have the option to burn a vampire or Ally to
> > avoid the shambling hordes burning?
>
> The controller of the vampire that played Set's Call (Follower of Set or otherwise)
> has no option there, correct.
>
> See also Set's Call on a War Ghoul. [LSJ 30-DEC-2001]

Hi! . Let me ask this please:
Vampire A is recluting a War Ghoul , he/she is intercepted & is
played Set call. Combat end & the WG go to Set. Then the setite burn
the WG with the Towers, can the setite player Compel the spirit of the
WG?? O cause WG is put in the discard pile of his/her own cannot??

Thanks in advance
a spanish drunk guy :-p

James Coupe

Jul 2, 2003, 3:35:18 AM7/2/03
In message <3F01A92D...@white-wolf.com>, LSJ <vtesrep@white-

wolf.com> writes:
>The acting vampire's controller is the "you" for playing the card (putting the card in play).
>She never actually controls the ally, however.
[...]

>The controller of the vampire that played Set's Call (Follower of Set or otherwise)
>has no option there, correct.
>
>See also Set's Call on a War Ghoul. [LSJ 30-DEC-2001]

"When War Ghoul enters play, burn an ally or retainer you control."

> 4# If you play Set's Call on a War Ghoul, who has to burn a retainer or ally
> to bring it into play?

The acting minion's controller (who will likely choose the War Ghoul herself
to avoid having her fall into your hands).
[LSJ 30-DEC-2001]

If she never actually controls the War Ghoul, per this ruling, how can
she burn the War Ghoul to avoid it falling into your hands? You have to
burn one you control - and she never controls the War Ghoul.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D

reyda

Jul 2, 2003, 4:54:22 AM7/2/03
Ulugh Beg wrote:

:: Hi! . Let me ask this please:

:: Vampire A is recluting a War Ghoul , he/she is intercepted & is
:: played Set call. Combat end & the WG go to Set. Then the setite
:: burn the WG with the Towers, can the setite player Compel the
:: spirit of the WG?? O cause WG is put in the discard pile of
:: his/her own cannot??

you cannot be more drunk =)

if the setite manage somehow to get the war ghoul (which is currently not
possible with Set's call, but LSJ might be thinking of a new ruling) and
decides to sacrifice it to the towers, then the ghoul is removed from the
game. And thus cannot be compelled. Anyway, since a burned card (like a
stolen war ghoul) goes to his owner's ash heap, you can't compel it anyway :
the card needs to be in your ash heap to play compet the spirit.

hamdamcwa

Jul 2, 2003, 7:27:14 AM7/2/03
djen...@hotmail.com (Ulugh Beg) wrote in message news:<c39b6f71.03070...@posting.google.com>...

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3F01A92D...@white-wolf.com>...
> > John P. wrote:
> > [Re: Set's Call on a Shambling Horde recruitment]
> > > The original recruiter has the option of removing the ally or vampire or letting the
> > > shambling hordes burn prior to Set's call moving control. Correct?
> >
> > The acting vampire's controller is the "you" for playing the card (putting the card in play).
> > She never actually controls the ally, however.
> >
> > > So does this mean that the Shambling hordes enters play under the control of the original recruiter before being passed to the
> > > controller of the follower of Set? IE: the controller of the follower of Set does not have the option to burn a vampire or Ally to
> > > avoid the shambling hordes burning?

I don't think so - the Towers removes the minion from the game, it
doesn't burn them.

DH

LSJ

Jul 2, 2003, 7:54:12 AM7/2/03
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <3F01A92D...@white-wolf.com>, LSJ <vtesrep@white-
> wolf.com> writes:
>
>>The acting vampire's controller is the "you" for playing the card (putting the card in play).
>>She never actually controls the ally, however.
>
> [...]
>
>>The controller of the vampire that played Set's Call (Follower of Set or otherwise)
>>has no option there, correct.
>>
>>See also Set's Call on a War Ghoul. [LSJ 30-DEC-2001]
>

> "When War Ghoul enters play, burn an ally or retainer you control."
>

>>4# If you play Set's Call on a War Ghoul, who has to burn a retainer or ally
>>to bring it into play?
>

> The acting minion's controller (who will likely choose the War Ghoul herself
> to avoid having her fall into your hands).
> [LSJ 30-DEC-2001]
>
> If she never actually controls the War Ghoul, per this ruling, how can
> she burn the War Ghoul to avoid it falling into your hands? You have to
> burn one you control - and she never controls the War Ghoul.

She has control of it when it is played - but not once it is in play.

Ulugh Beg

Jul 3, 2003, 9:30:06 AM7/3/03
"reyda" <true_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3f029dd3$0$14359$79c1...@nan-newsreader-03.noos.net>...

> Ulugh Beg wrote:
>
> :: Hi! . Let me ask this please:
> :: Vampire A is recluting a War Ghoul , he/she is intercepted & is
> :: played Set call. Combat end & the WG go to Set. Then the setite
> :: burn the WG with the Towers, can the setite player Compel the
> :: spirit of the WG?? O cause WG is put in the discard pile of
> :: his/her own cannot??
>
> you cannot be more drunk =)

You Catch me :-D!

> if the setite manage somehow to get the war ghoul (which is currently not
> possible with Set's call, but LSJ might be thinking of a new ruling) and
> decides to sacrifice it to the towers, then the ghoul is removed from the
> game. And thus cannot be compelled. Anyway, since a burned card (like a
> stolen war ghoul) goes to his owner's ash heap, you can't compel it anyway :
> the card needs to be in your ash heap to play compet the spirit.

Is correct :-P . Sorry for this " drunk" mistake :-