(LSJ) Valerius' Eagle Sight and Hide the Mind question

François

Oct 5, 2007, 6:09:35 AM10/5/07
Hello,

Agrippina bleeds her prey. Cross-table Valerius Maior advanced (if he
attempts to block, acting minion cannot play obfuscate action
modifiers) plays superior Eagle Sight to attempt to block.

Can Agrippina still cancel that Eagle Sight using superior Hide the
Mind (cancel an auspex reaction as it is played) ?

I guess that she can, since Hide the Mind is played before the Eagle
Sight has resolved, while the block attempt occurs as a result as
Eagle Sight resolving (so Valerius' ability has not kicked in yet ),
but I'd like to be sure.

(Similarly, if that Eagle Sight had been cancelled via Direct
Intervention, Aggrippina could still play Sleep Unseen at the end of
the action (if the action is succesful), is that right ?)

Thank you,

François

LSJ

Oct 5, 2007, 6:22:41 AM10/5/07
François wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Agrippina bleeds her prey. Cross-table Valerius Maior advanced (if he
> attempts to block, acting minion cannot play obfuscate action
> modifiers) plays superior Eagle Sight to attempt to block.
>
> Can Agrippina still cancel that Eagle Sight using superior Hide the
> Mind (cancel an auspex reaction as it is played) ?
>
> I guess that she can, since Hide the Mind is played before the Eagle
> Sight has resolved, while the block attempt occurs as a result as
> Eagle Sight resolving (so Valerius' ability has not kicked in yet ),
> but I'd like to be sure.

Correct.

> (Similarly, if that Eagle Sight had been cancelled via Direct
> Intervention, Aggrippina could still play Sleep Unseen at the end of
> the action (if the action is succesful), is that right ?)

Yes.

reyda

Oct 5, 2007, 11:05:38 AM10/5/07
LSJ a écrit :

> François wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> Agrippina bleeds her prey. Cross-table Valerius Maior advanced (if he
>> attempts to block, acting minion cannot play obfuscate action
>> modifiers) plays superior Eagle Sight to attempt to block.
>>
>> Can Agrippina still cancel that Eagle Sight using superior Hide the
>> Mind (cancel an auspex reaction as it is played) ?
>>
>> I guess that she can, since Hide the Mind is played before the Eagle
>> Sight has resolved, while the block attempt occurs as a result as
>> Eagle Sight resolving (so Valerius' ability has not kicked in yet ),
>> but I'd like to be sure.
>

> Correct.

Uber counter-intuitive, but whatever...

LSJ

Oct 5, 2007, 11:17:35 AM10/5/07

Cards canceled as they are played do not produce their effects.

If you Sudden Reversal an Ascendance, then the Methuselah doesn't gain a pool.

Intuitive.

Uber, even.

reyda

Oct 5, 2007, 11:46:06 AM10/5/07