[LSJ] Renew Thyself?

wumpus

Aug 26, 2009, 4:05:54 PM8/26/09
Howdy,

This came up in one of last night's games:

Eurayle, with at least 1 blood, is untapped in torpor. Can she play
Renewed Vigor (inferior) - targetting herself - to leave torpor?

I ruled no, as I think that 'move' is not the same as 'leave torpor',
and vampires in torpor can't take non-'leave torpor' actions without
explicit card text. But I wasn't sure that 'move' didn't subsume both
'rescue' and 'leave torpor' in this case, as there is no 'other'
vampire clause, so it seems possible that both effects were intended?

Thanks,
Alex

-----

Renewed Vigor
Action
1 blood
+1 stealth action.
[for] Put this card on this acting vampire. During your untap phase,
if this vampire is in torpor, you can burn this card to move him or
her to your ready region. A vampire can have only one Renewed Vigor.
[obe] Move a vampire in torpor to his controller's ready region, or
restore an ally or retainer to his or her starting life (with life
counters from the blood bank).
[OBS] Choose any other vampire. That vampire gains enough blood from
the blood bank to reach full capacity.

Blooded Sand

Aug 26, 2009, 4:25:10 PM8/26/09

Secondary question

Ossian is on 30 life. I play RV at obe. does Ossian drop back down to
4 life?

Vincent

Aug 26, 2009, 4:41:58 PM8/26/09

You cannot perform other actions than "leave torpor" when in torpor,
unless it's written on the card (which is not the case here).

Vincent

Aug 26, 2009, 4:43:49 PM8/26/09

LSJ

Aug 26, 2009, 7:03:46 PM8/26/09
Vincent wrote:

> On 26 ao�t, 22:05, wumpus <wump...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Eurayle, with at least 1 blood, is untapped in torpor. Can she play
>> Renewed Vigor (inferior) - targetting herself - to leave torpor?
>>
>> I ruled no, as I think that 'move' is not the same as 'leave torpor',
>> and vampires in torpor can't take non-'leave torpor' actions without
>> explicit card text.

> You cannot perform other actions than "leave torpor" when in torpor,

> unless it's written on the card (which is not the case here).

Correct.