[DECK]: Psychic Your Enemy

Cantila

Jun 14, 2009, 7:09:50 AM6/14/09
Played this deck in tournament yesterday and got 3 GW, 10,5 VP (0,5 VP
in the final). The final was quite a close match. I've found this deck
pretty versatile and can handle most decks but is a little bit weak
against vote decks and gun decks, and probably very weak agianst
grapple decks (never played any).

Name: Psyching Your Enemy

Crypt [12]:
1x Yasmin the Black AUS THA pre dom
1x Selena AUS THA DOM
1x Ingram Frizer AUS OBF pot ani
2x The Colonel AUS obf dem cel
1x Billy AUS dom for
1x Mercy, Knight Inq. AUS dom pre cel
1x Remilliard, Devout Cr. AUS pre
2x Idalia, Prophet of... AUS dem
1x Richard Tauber AUS tha
1x Piotr Andreikov aus

Library [90]:

Masters [14]:
4x Cadet
3x Hand Contract
1x Frontal Assault
1x Yawp Court
1x Weeping Stone
1x Tension in the Ranks
1x The Path of Lilith
2x Fame

Action [17]:
1x Chronicle of the Lost Tribe
2x Blooding
6x Reunion of Kamut
6x Light Intensifying Goggles
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Ivory Bow

Event [1]:
1x NSA Trio

Combat [32]:
14x Psychic Assault
4x Telepathic Tracking
7x Target Vitals
1x Target Hand
6x Taste of Vitae

Reaction [26]:
2x Melange
5x Eagle's Sight
2x My Enemy's Enemy
1x Precognition
1x Spirit's Touch
3x Telepathic Misdirection
4x Enhanced Senses
8x Eyes of Argus

Comments: Considering to put in another Target Hand, but not sure. It
handles gun decks fairly well as long as they don't dodge as their
first strike. It's good against Ivory Bow too. I used to hhvae 2
Frontal Assault and 2 Hand Contracts. Sometimes I found myself wishing
I had anpther copy of Frontal Assault, but I think 3 Contracts are
neccessary to go with the Fame and take out key vampires so not sure
what to take out. maybe NSA Trio. never had any use of it, on the
other hand I hardly faced any S:CE in this tournament (was mostly
S&B).

Toughts anyone?

cthulukitty

Jun 15, 2009, 8:54:46 AM6/15/09
Cantila wrote:
> Played this deck in tournament yesterday and got 3 GW, 10,5 VP (0,5 VP
> in the final). The final was quite a close match. I've found this deck
> pretty versatile and can handle most decks but is a little bit weak
> against vote decks and gun decks, and probably very weak agianst
> grapple decks (never played any).

It's nice to see that I'm not the only person interested in a deck
like this. I've been talking about building an AUS Black Hand deck
with Psychic Assaults and aim cards for a while now, but I haven't
done it for lack of Eyes of Argus. I'll post my current (unbuilt) deck
list in a seperate message.

> Name: Psyching Your Enemy
>
> Crypt [12]:
> 1x Yasmin the Black      AUS THA pre dom
> 1x Selena                      AUS THA DOM
> 1x Ingram Frizer             AUS OBF pot ani
> 2x The Colonel               AUS obf dem cel
> 1x Billy                          AUS dom for
> 1x Mercy, Knight Inq.      AUS dom pre cel
> 1x Remilliard, Devout Cr. AUS pre
> 2x Idalia, Prophet of...     AUS dem
> 1x Richard Tauber           AUS tha
> 1x Piotr Andreikov           aus

I think I prefer the groups 3/4 crypt. You keep all the Black Hand
guys, and most of the vampires you lose are easily replaced or
improved. Neighbor John is obviously much much better than Billy.
Sennadureck has an awesome ability. Blackhorse Tanner (already
available in g3) costs 7, but his ability is also awesome. You lose
the 4 caps with AUS, which is sad, but I think the other improvements
are worth it. It's also possible to get a decent amount of dominate
into your crypt, which is more or less always worth doing.

> Library [90]:
>
> Masters [14]:
> 4x Cadet
> 3x Hand Contract
> 1x Frontal Assault
> 1x Yawp Court
> 1x Weeping Stone
> 1x Tension in the Ranks
> 1x The Path of Lilith
> 2x Fame

It's not clear to me that you really need the Cadets. Fairly few of
your cards actually require Black Hand, and it's not a big deal if one
or two of your guys strikes with Psychic Assault at the preventable
level. It's only good anyways early in the game, and I can imagine it
easily jamming your hand if there are no non-Black Hand guys in your
uncontroleld region, particularly late in the game. The pool cost on
Weeping Stone is too high to be worthwhile in my opinion, so I'd cut
it. I've never seen the Path of Lilith in play, and I bet there's a
good reason for that. Why not use Smiling Jack instead? Also, it's
really weird not to have any Blood Dolls in this style of deck, so
seriously put some in there.

> Action [17]:
> 1x Chronicle of the Lost Tribe
> 2x Blooding
> 6x Reunion of Kamut
> 6x Light Intensifying Goggles
> 1x Bowl of Convergence
> 1x Ivory Bow

17 action cards strikes me as a lot for a deck like this, and you
could easily get it down to a more manageable level. The Chronicle
pretty much sucks, so get rid of it. Blooding is decent; much better
than Cadet because of the blood gain and easy cycling. 6 LIG looks
like too many to me, so cut there as well.

> Event [1]:
> 1x NSA Trio

You noted that this card wasn't that helpful, and I agree. The
limitation of its scope, the relative ease of getting rid of it, and
the horrible effect that events can have on hand cycling all count
against it, so I'd cut it.

> Combat [32]:
> 14x Psychic Assault
> 4x Telepathic Tracking
> 7x Target Vitals
> 1x Target Hand
> 6x Taste of Vitae

Wow. 14 Psychic Assault is a lot. I understand that it's sort of the
point of your deck, but you could almost certainly do well to cut a
few. Replace all the Telepathic Trackings with more wake effects.
Spending blood on combat cards that aren't Majesty is almost never a
good idea, and it's pretty much a dead slot when you're not seeing
SCE. If you need more chances to beat up minions, just include more
wakes and block more of their actions. 6 Taste of Vitae also seems
like a very high number. I understand that you can cycle them easily
for little or no blood gain, but why not just include fewer and only
play them when it nets a considerable gain?

> Reaction [26]:
> 2x Melange
> 5x Eagle's Sight
> 2x My Enemy's Enemy
> 1x Precognition
> 1x Spirit's Touch
> 3x Telepathic Misdirection
> 4x Enhanced Senses
> 8x Eyes of Argus

My Enemy's Enemy is not good. Just pay the blood and bounce the bleed
to your prey. You need more wake effects--probably about twice as
many. Diversify them a bit to get around DI and allow yourself to wake
and play the Eyes for intercept. The intercept is mostly good, though
there are too many Eagle's Sights with the current number of wakes.
It's hard for me to imagine that you could be blocking forward very
often while not getting ousted.

Jesse

cthulukitty

Jun 15, 2009, 8:57:07 AM6/15/09
Here's my decklist, based around a similar premise but with
considerable differences. I haven't played it yet, and would certainly
appreciate comments.

Deck Name: Thinkpol
Author: cthulukitty
Black Hand AUS with Psychic Assault. Some inspiration is taken from
Jay Kristoff's Sabbatspex deck.

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=2 max=7 avg=5.5)
1x Blackhorse Tanner 7 AUS DOM FOR !Ventrue:3
1x Colonel, The 5 cel dem obf AUS !Malkavian:3
1x Elena Mendoza Vasquez 6 dom obt AUS THA !Tremere:3
1x Elizabeth Westcott 5 ani cel vic AUS Tzimisce:3
1x Ilias cel Frumos 3 aus vic Tzimisce:4
3x Kazimir Savostin 7 ani pot AUS VIC Tzimisce:3
1x Neighbor John 5 dom for AUS !Ventrue:4
1x Piotr Andreikov 2 aus Tzimisce:3
1x Selena 6 AUS DOM THA !Tremere:3
1x Sennadurek 6 dom AUS NEC Nagaraja:4

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (15)
5x Blood Doll
4x Corporal Reservoir
1x Dominion
1x House of Sorrow
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1x Watchtower: Four Ride Forth

Action (11)
2x Abbot
2x Anima Gathering
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
2x Tattoo Signal
4x Zillah's Tears

Equipment (6)
2x .44 Magnum
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Guarded Rubrics
2x Light Intensifying Goggles

Ally (4)
1x Neighborhood Watch Commander (Hunter)
1x Procurer
2x War Ghoul

Retainer (3)
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Mr. Winthrop
1x Tasha Morgan

Action Modifier (6)
2x Changeling
1x Conditioning
3x Seraph's Second

Reaction (31)
3x Deflection
2x Delaying Tactics
4x Eagle's Sight
3x Enhanced Senses
6x Eyes of Argus
4x Forced Awakening
4x On the Qui Vive
5x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (14)
4x Aura Reading
6x Psychic Assault
4x Target Vitals

Created with Secret Library v0.9.0. (Jun 15, 2009 15:55:21)

Peter D Bakija

Jun 15, 2009, 9:16:34 AM6/15/09
On Jun 15, 8:57 am, cthulukitty <jcrossnicker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's my decklist, based around a similar premise but with
> considerable differences. I haven't played it yet, and would certainly
> appreciate comments.

Heh. Conroy had a really good one of these based around Rosa Martinez
(black hand, AUS, CEL, mabye for in there for multi action?). It was
dementedly effective.

-Peter

pallando

Jun 15, 2009, 9:24:10 AM6/15/09

Any chance you can post the deck list, or a more elaborate description
of the deck?

Kind regards,

pallando

Chris Berger

Jun 15, 2009, 9:34:30 AM6/15/09
Rosa Martinez isn't Black Hand... I suppose if it used Blooding or
Cadets, but I'd rather have my vamps start as BH...

Peter D Bakija

Jun 15, 2009, 9:57:39 AM6/15/09
On Jun 15, 9:34 am, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Rosa Martinez isn't Black Hand...  I suppose if it used Blooding or
> Cadets, but I'd rather have my vamps start as BH...

Oh, it's whoever the vampire is who is a 9 or 10 cap !Tor who is Black
Hand, CEL, AUS. Lemme go look...yeah, it was Marthe Dizer. The one who
is clearly the vampire that makes a CEL unpreventable Psychic Assault
deck work.

-Peter

Chris Berger

Jun 15, 2009, 10:51:45 AM6/15/09
She doesn't have fortitude... =)

But yeah, I've seen it with the 9 cap !Tor, who is also pretty good in
that deck. Ondine or whatever.

Johannes Walch

Jun 22, 2009, 10:27:19 AM6/22/09
cthulukitty schrieb:

> My Enemy's Enemy is not good.

I disagree.

a) It doesnt cost a blood
b) It provides free intercept
c) In a 3 player situation it does exactly what you want
d) It can be played when your TM has been canceled.

librarian

Jun 23, 2009, 1:52:46 PM6/23/09

Succinctly summarizes what my response would have been.

best -

chris

Jozxyqk

Jun 23, 2009, 2:37:16 PM6/23/09

> I disagree.

e) In a 2 player situation it is cyclable at superior, because you are
your predator's predator and being bled by your predator, after all.

Johann von Doom

Jun 23, 2009, 3:05:13 PM6/23/09
On Jun 23, 2:37 pm, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> e) In a 2 player situation it is cyclable at superior, because you are
> your predator's predator and being bled by your predator, after all.

Is that actually true? I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't
actually possible to do that.

Also, art portfolio.

John Eno

witness1

Jun 23, 2009, 3:17:03 PM6/23/09
On Jun 23, 3:05 pm, Johann von Doom <invisibleking...@gmail.com>
wrote:

You can't play Deflection or Telepathic Misdirection in a 2-player,
because they require you to send the bleed to another methuselah per
card text. My Enemy's Enemy is playable any time your predator is
bleeding you.

-witness1

Johann von Doom

Jun 23, 2009, 4:57:09 PM6/23/09
On Jun 23, 3:17 pm, witness1 <jwnewqu...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> You can't play Deflection or Telepathic Misdirection in a 2-player,
> because they require you to send the bleed to another methuselah per
> card text. My Enemy's Enemy is playable any time your predator is
> bleeding you.

Kinky. I like it.

John Eno

floppyzedolfin

Jun 24, 2009, 7:48:42 AM6/24/09
On Jun 23, 8:37 pm, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> e) In a 2 player situation it is cyclable at superior, because you are
> your predator's predator and being bled by your predator, after all.

I suppose that doesn't give you a new blocking opportunity, though.

Blooded Sand

Jun 24, 2009, 8:34:35 AM6/24/09

Nope, but you do get to usuelessly cycle a card, potentially drawing a
Telepathic counter.....

Actually, as the target of the bleed is chagned from A to A, does it
reset blocking opportunities?
Could be important as far as things like crocodile's tongue are
concerned...

floppyzedolfin

Jun 24, 2009, 8:39:09 AM6/24/09
On Jun 24, 2:34 pm, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, as the target of the bleed is chagned from A to A, does it
> reset blocking opportunities?
> Could be important as far as things like crocodile's tongue are
> concerned...

Here's a very very distant analogy : If Lucita plays Clan
Impersonation: Lasombra, she won't become Sabbat, because she hasn't
changed clan.
Here, there's no real change of the target of the bleed, so I'd say
nothing new happens: no new block opportunity.

LSJ

Jun 24, 2009, 8:39:34 AM6/24/09
Blooded Sand wrote:
> On Jun 24, 1:48 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 23, 8:37 pm, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> e) In a 2 player situation it is cyclable at superior, because you are
>>> your predator's predator and being bled by your predator, after all.
>> I suppose that doesn't give you a new blocking opportunity, though.
>
> Nope, but you do get to usuelessly cycle a card, potentially drawing a
> Telepathic counter.....
>
> Actually, as the target of the bleed is chagned from A to A, does it
> reset blocking opportunities?

Self-moot question. Changing from A to A is not a change. See also changing clan
from Lasombra to Lasombra. Or changing capacity from 7 to 7.