Q: Lunatic Eruption

GP41

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
A Methuselah who controls a minion with Lunatic Eruption starts his
minion phase, the first thing that must be done in this phase is hunting
for his vampires in needs.

But thereafter, can he try to remove the Lunatic Eruption with other
minions? Or, does he have to enter combat since it is a "must do" as
per card text?

GP41

LSJ

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00

If the Lunatic vampire is one who hunted, then he can do other things
(unless the vampire untapped and maintained his blood somehow).

Otherwise, the Lunatic vampire must enter combat as the next action.
Mandatory actions are to be taken before others.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

James Coupe

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, GP41 wrote:
> But thereafter, can he try to remove the Lunatic Eruption with other
> minions?

Yes.

> Or, does he have to enter combat since it is a "must do" as
> per card text?

No, because the vamprie is tapped from hunting.

(Were a vampire to hunt, then play Freak Drive to untap and have Ankara
Citadel, such that the vampire was untapped with 1 blood, I wouldn't be
certain. I'd tend towards them having to rush at that point. (But it's
unlikely to happen.))

--
James Coupe | PGP Key 0x5D623D5D
"Steve: Yeah, well that's one of the advantages of being a sad, lonely

GP41

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
> > But thereafter, can he try to remove the Lunatic Eruption with other
> > minions?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Or, does he have to enter combat since it is a "must do" as
> > per card text?
>
> No, because the vamprie is tapped from hunting.

Oups, maybe i wasn't clear with my question.

I have 4 vamps at full capacity. One has a Lunatic Eruption (i.e.
Ramiro).

1) Do i have to enter combat with Ramiro first thing in the minion
phase action?
(card text: During his minion phase, the minion with this card MUST
enter combat with a ready minion controllled by his prey as a D action
(unless the ...)

2) Or can i do actions with my 3 other vamps first?

GP41

Thanks

The Lasombra

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
In article <3A22A100...@videotron.ca>,

GP...@videotron.ca wrote:
> Oups, maybe i wasn't clear with my question.
>
> I have 4 vamps at full capacity. One has a Lunatic Eruption (i.e.
> Ramiro).
>
> 1) Do i have to enter combat with Ramiro first thing in the minion
> phase action? (card text: During his minion phase, the minion with
> this card MUST enter combat with a ready minion controllled by his
> prey as a D action (unless the ...)

LSJ already answered this in this thread.
http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=698219373

"Mandatory actions are to be taken before others.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/"

> 2) Or can i do actions with my 3 other vamps first?

No.

See LSJ quote above.

Carpe Noctem.

Lasombra

http://lasombra.tripod.com
http://legbiter.tripod.com
http://vekn_clans.tripod.com

James Coupe

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, GP41 wrote:
> I have 4 vamps at full capacity. One has a Lunatic Eruption (i.e.
> Ramiro).
>
> 1) Do i have to enter combat with Ramiro first thing in the minion
> phase action?

No, the card text does not specify that it must be the first thing in the
minion phase. It just specifies it has to happen (barring being ousted,
say).

> 2) Or can i do actions with my 3 other vamps first?

No problem at all.

GP41

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
> > I have 4 vamps at full capacity. One has a Lunatic Eruption (i.e.
> > Ramiro).
> >
> > 1) Do i have to enter combat with Ramiro first thing in the minion
> > phase action?
>
> No, the card text does not specify that it must be the first thing in the
> minion phase. It just specifies it has to happen (barring being ousted,
> say).

So, even if the card is remove during this minion phase, the vampire
still have to enter combat. Right?

GP41

James Coupe

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, GP41 wrote:
> > No, the card text does not specify that it must be the first thing in the
> > minion phase. It just specifies it has to happen (barring being ousted,
> > say).
>
> So, even if the card is remove during this minion phase, the vampire
> still have to enter combat. Right?

If the card is not there, nothing compels them to rush using it. Indeed,
you cannot rush using it, since it is not there.

(The more likely use of this, rather than someone using it to make your
vampire do nasty rushes you don't want, is to turn their own vampire into
a Wynn, with its own "built-in" rush. I would have thought.)

GP41

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
> > So, even if the card is remove during this minion phase, the vampire
> > still have to enter combat. Right?
>
> If the card is not there, nothing compels them to rush using it. Indeed,
> you cannot rush using it, since it is not there.
>
> (The more likely use of this, rather than someone using it to make your
> vampire do nasty rushes you don't want, is to turn their own vampire into
> a Wynn, with its own "built-in" rush. I would have thought.)

Yeah, but my vision of this card is that if i put it on my prey's
minion, that would be one less minion to block my actions. One big
bleeder out of commission. If it is a combat minded vampire, he will
weak his prey's minion for me, while i am trying to get rid of him with
strong bleeds. Or weak himself by going into combat against a combat
minded prey. Pretty good card indeed, don't you think?

GP41