LSJ - Q re Blood of Sandman

Amenophobis

Jan 13, 2010, 6:56:32 AM1/13/10
I have question regarding Blood of Sandman:

Blood of Sandman
Action

Thaumaturgy

tha: +1 stealth action. (D) Burn an ally.
THA: +6 stealth action. (D) Put this card on a ready younger tapped
vampire. Reaction cards this vampire plays while tapped are canceled
as they are played. Burn this card if **this** vampire goes to torpor.

In the last sentence, does "this vampire" refer to the acting vampire
playing this card, or to the vampire who gets the card played on? I
must admit, it can be read both ways.

henrik

Jan 13, 2010, 7:09:44 AM1/13/10

Most likely it refers to the same "this vampire" as the earlier
sentence about reaction cards.

Teeka

Jan 13, 2010, 7:12:56 AM1/13/10

IANLJS, but I'd say that for any card that goes on a vampire, all
further references to "this vampire" mean "the vampire with this
card". See also Archon, for instance.

Teeka

Jan 13, 2010, 7:14:30 AM1/13/10
On 13 jan, 13:12, Teeka <teeka_dra...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> IANLJS,

G'damn. Note to self: first coffee, then trying to spell.

Orange Devil

Jan 13, 2010, 7:17:07 AM1/13/10
While asking about "this vampire" clauses, what about superior
Unburdening the Bestial Soul?

Should the acting vampire burn 2 blood on it's own untap phase to keep
up the card, or on the untap phase of the target vampire?

Unburdening the Bestial Soul
Type: Action
Requires: Obeah/Animalism
[ani] +1 stealth action. Move 1 or more blood from this vampire to any
other vampire.
[obe] As [ani] above, and untap this acting vampire.
[OBE] (D) Put this card on an ally or a younger vampire. The minion
with this card cannot take actions, block or play reaction cards.
During this minion's untap phase, this card is burned unless this
acting vampire burns 2 blood.

LSJ

Jan 13, 2010, 8:15:57 AM1/13/10

Correct.

Reaction cards this vampire plays while tapped are canceled as they

are played. Burn this card if this vampire goes to torpor.

LSJ

Jan 13, 2010, 8:16:32 AM1/13/10

"During this minion's untap phase ... unless this acting vampire".

Amenophobis

Jan 13, 2010, 8:45:43 AM1/13/10
On 13 Jan., 14:15, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> > > In the last sentence, does "this vampire" refer to the acting vampire
> > > playing this card, or to the vampire who gets the card played on? I
> > > must admit, it can be read both ways.
>
> > Most likely it refers to the same "this vampire" as the earlier
> > sentence about reaction cards.
>
> Correct.
>
> Reaction cards this vampire plays while tapped are canceled as they

> are played. Burn this card if this vampire goes to torpor.- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Thx! :)

Juggernaut1981

Jan 13, 2010, 6:03:59 PM1/13/10

aka
During the dude with the card's untap, acting vamp pays