LSJ - Ambulance and Hidden Lurker timing

jaso...@iinet.net.au

Jan 28, 2009, 3:50:15 AM1/28/09
Scenario:

Minion A has an Ambulance.
Minion B has OBF.

Minion A is blocked by Minion C. Combat ensues, both minions are still
ready afterwards.

a) Minion B can enter combat with Minion C via Hidden Lurker. However,
at the end of this combat, Minion A cannot tap the Ambulance to
continue its original action, as the window to use the Ambulance is
closed by playing Hidden Lurker, correct?

b) But if minion A taps the Ambulance after the block and continues
the action, at the conclusion of this action can Minion B then enter
combat with Minion C, or is the window for Hidden Lurker likewise
closed by tapping the Ambulance? It's still all one action, right?

Apols if you've answered this question, I can't seem to find a ruling
on it.

Hidden Lurker, Action Modifier, Obfuscate,
Only usable by a ready untapped vampire other than the acting minion.
Only usable after a combat between the acting minion you control and a
blocking minion.
[obf] Tap this vampire. This vampire enters combat with the blocking
minion. The first round of this new combat, the blocking minion cannot
strike.
[OBF] As above, with an optional press.

Ambulance, Equipment
Vehicle. After a combat between this acting minion and a blocking
minion, you may tap the Ambulance to continue the action as if
unblocked. If the action is blocked again, burn this card. This minion
may tap the Ambulance to attempt to burn an incapacitated imbued as a
+1 stealth (D) action. A minion may have only one vehicle.

LSJ

Jan 28, 2009, 6:20:09 AM1/28/09
jaso...@iinet.net.au wrote:
> Scenario:
>
> Minion A has an Ambulance.
> Minion B has OBF.
>
> Minion A is blocked by Minion C. Combat ensues, both minions are still
> ready afterwards.
>
> a) Minion B can enter combat with Minion C via Hidden Lurker. However,
> at the end of this combat, Minion A cannot tap the Ambulance to
> continue its original action, as the window to use the Ambulance is
> closed by playing Hidden Lurker, correct?

Correct.

> b) But if minion A taps the Ambulance after the block and continues
> the action, at the conclusion of this action can Minion B then enter
> combat with Minion C, or is the window for Hidden Lurker likewise
> closed by tapping the Ambulance? It's still all one action, right?

Hidden Lurker must be played at the conclusion of the block combat.
It cannot be played after the continuance and successful resolution of the action.

jason...@iinet.net.au

Jan 28, 2009, 10:29:17 PM1/28/09

> Hidden Lurker must be played at the conclusion of the block combat.
> It cannot be played after the continuance and successful resolution of the action.

Ok, thanks.

jase

Tetragrammaton

Jan 29, 2009, 6:01:20 PM1/29/09
LSJ wrote:
> jaso...@iinet.net.au wrote:
>> Scenario:
>>
>> Minion A has an Ambulance.
>> Minion B has OBF.
>>
>> Minion A is blocked by Minion C. Combat ensues, both minions are
>> still ready afterwards.
>>
>> a) Minion B can enter combat with Minion C via Hidden Lurker.
>> However, at the end of this combat, Minion A cannot tap the
>> Ambulance to continue its original action, as the window to use the
>> Ambulance is closed by playing Hidden Lurker, correct?
>
> Correct.
>
>> b) But if minion A taps the Ambulance after the block and continues
>> the action, at the conclusion of this action can Minion B then enter
>> combat with Minion C, or is the window for Hidden Lurker likewise
>> closed by tapping the Ambulance? It's still all one action, right?
>
> Hidden Lurker must be played at the conclusion of the block combat.
> It cannot be played after the continuance and successful resolution
> of the action.

Side answer: has the meth A(ting) the option of choosing first his
ambulance effect on the "after a combat between.." window,
thus negating the meth B(locking) from playing hidden lurker (that is
played on the same window) ?

thanks

Emiliano, NC Italy

John Flournoy

Jan 29, 2009, 6:07:00 PM1/29/09
On Jan 29, 5:01 pm, "Tetragrammaton" <n...@usa.com> wrote:
> LSJ wrote:

The acting Methuselah always has the first option to play any card and/
or effect in any timing window.

> thanks
>
> Emiliano, NC Italy

-John Flournoy

Salem

Jan 30, 2009, 6:50:55 AM1/30/09

also, blocking Meths can't play Hidden Lurker. It's an action modifier.
You might be thinking of Fast Reaction.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)