Mokolé Blood

Baaliprimogen

Nov 7, 2007, 5:09:58 AM11/7/07
Mokolé Blood
Type: Equipment
Requires: Follower of Set
Cost: 1 pool
Unique equipment.
Search your library or ash heap for up to four cards that require
Serpentis [ser] and place them on this card (face down). Shuffle
afterward. You may look at the cards at any time. This Follower of Set
may play a card from this equipment as if from your hand (requirements
and cost apply as usual). When the last card is removed, burn this
equipment.

Rarity: LotN:R

"This Follower of Set may play a card from this equipment as if from
your hand (requirements and cost apply as usual)." If MB is move with
Heidelberg (or by other means) is it still the one who equiped it who
can use it? Not the FoS who controlls it?

LSJ

Nov 7, 2007, 8:01:47 AM11/7/07
Baaliprimogen wrote:
> Mokolé Blood

> "This Follower of Set may play a card from this equipment as if from
> your hand (requirements and cost apply as usual)." If MB is move with
> Heidelberg (or by other means) is it still the one who equiped it who
> can use it? Not the FoS who controlls it?

"This Follower of Set" = "The Follower of Set with this card".

Teeka

Nov 7, 2007, 8:03:33 AM11/7/07

IANLSJ, but I think the phrase "this Follower of Set can/may.." always
means "The minion with this card, and only if that minion is a vampire
and a Follower of Set, can/may.."
In other words:
-it only counts who has the equipment now, not who did the initial
equipping for all purposes of using the card.
-if the "new owner" is not a Follower of Set vampire, he can have the
equipment, but not use it.

Killiam

Nov 8, 2007, 11:57:35 AM11/8/07
One other quick question regarding this card:
After (initially) equipping with Mokole Blood, is there still time to
play Truth of a Thousand Lies to untap from that action if the Truth
is coming off the equipment itself?

And similarly:
If you fetch a freak drive with a Sybil's Tongue, can you use it to
untap from that action?

Thanks Much,
-Bill

LSJ

Nov 8, 2007, 1:02:35 PM11/8/07
Killiam wrote:
> One other quick question regarding this card:
> After (initially) equipping with Mokole Blood, is there still time to
> play Truth of a Thousand Lies to untap from that action if the Truth
> is coming off the equipment itself?

Yes. Card text: "after resolving the action".

> And similarly:
> If you fetch a freak drive with a Sybil's Tongue, can you use it to
> untap from that action?

Yes.