[LSJ] centralized background check question..

Oortje

Aug 20, 2006, 11:34:10 AM8/20/06
Yesterday on the tournament in Tilburg, the Netherlands (report will
probebly be posted later this week) we encountered a problem.

In play was the card (as you could have expected from the title)
centralized background check. I played a weighted walking stick. Do I
have to pay a pool or not?

It was intresting to see that several players (who are judges them
selfs) had diffrent awnsers.

Greetz,
Oortje

Fred Scott

Aug 20, 2006, 11:45:51 AM8/20/06
"Oortje" <interne...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Centralized Background Check
Master: unique location.
Weapons cost an additional pool.

Weighted Walking Stick
Combat
Only usable before range is determined on the first round. Put this
card on this minion and put 5 counters on this card. While in play,
this card represents a melee weapon (and counts as equipment while in
play). This weapon does strength+1 damage each strike. For each point
of damage inflicted by this strike (even if it is prevented), remove
a counter from this card. Burn this card when it has no counters.
A minion can have only 1 Weighted Walking Stick.

IANLSJ but I would say no. Weighted Walking Stick is not a weapon.
It is a combat card that gets put into play - then it becomes a
weapon once in play.

Fred

Jozxyqk

Aug 20, 2006, 12:46:24 PM8/20/06
Oortje <interne...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday on the tournament in Tilburg, the Netherlands (report will
> probebly be posted later this week) we encountered a problem.

> In play was the card (as you could have expected from the title)
> centralized background check. I played a weighted walking stick. Do I
> have to pay a pool or not?

No.
But if someone calls Peace Treaty, you'll have to pay a pool to keep
your stick.

Wolflord

Aug 20, 2006, 2:44:03 PM8/20/06
Hey,
the interesting question here is: who did you ask, and what did they
smoke?
btw: I'm with the "no, you don't have to pay when playing WWS" side
/jo

Hardy Range

Aug 21, 2006, 3:33:23 AM8/21/06

Oortje wrote:

> In play was the card (as you could have expected from the title)
> centralized background check. I played a weighted walking stick. Do I
> have to pay a pool or not?

You do not pay a pool. Weighted Walking Stick is a combat card when it
is played.
Search Google with "centralized stick author:lsj" to find LSJ's
confirmation to this.

Regards,

Hardy Range

tobiasopdenbr...@notsocoldmail.com

Aug 21, 2006, 4:02:42 AM8/21/06

Wolflord wrote:

> Hey,
> the interesting question here is: who did you ask, and what did they
> smoke?
> btw: I'm with the "no, you don't have to pay when playing WWS" side

Lol. First Debbie, who asked me and Johannes. My initial reaction was
'no, since it is played as combat card', but I wasn't sure, and didn't
read the card texts, they were paraphrased to me. Johannes was fairly
sure that it cost a pool, and I went along with that, thinking that
'the player made a weapon enter play, so it costs a pool'. Technically,
that's not right - the player played a combat card, and a weapon just
magically appeared. ;)

But hey, I'm the guy who put his hand in the middle his prey's library
during the final, that should be illustrative of my mental capacities
last saturday. ;)

Note to self: buy some whacked sleeves that no-one else uses.

LSJ

Aug 21, 2006, 8:55:19 AM8/21/06
Fred Scott wrote:
> "Oortje" <interne...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > In play was the card (as you could have expected from the title)
> > centralized background check. I played a weighted walking stick. Do I
> > have to pay a pool or not?
>
> IANLSJ but I would say no. Weighted Walking Stick is not a weapon.
> It is a combat card that gets put into play - then it becomes a
> weapon once in play.

Correct.

Wolflord

Aug 21, 2006, 10:33:37 AM8/21/06

> But hey, I'm the guy who put his hand in the middle his prey's library
> during the final, that should be illustrative of my mental capacities
> last saturday. ;)

So, finally outing yourself as a Ravnos then?
Tobias "Sleight of Hand" OpdenBrouw does sound kinda cool.

Anyway, as for your mental capacities, nothing compares to Erol and
Andreas on the trip back. So don't be too embarassed
X_X

/jo