LSJ allies cost

6 vues

Reyda

non lue,
30 janv. 2002, 21:12:3530/01/2002
Hi !

i've got two simple questions !

when i want to "sacrifice" a shambling horde to the Khobar tower, do i gain
3 pool or nothing ? i guess nothing !

Khobar Towers, Al-Khubar [FN]
Cardtype: Master

Clan: Follower of Set

Cost: 2 pool

Master: unique location
Tap during your untap phase to remove a ready minion you control from the
game and gain X pool, where X is the capacity of that vampire or the [pool]
cost of that ally.

Reyda

non lue,
30 janv. 2002, 21:26:0230/01/2002

"Reyda" <re...@noos.fr> wrote in message news:a3a99r$kru$1...@neon.noos.net...

> Hi !
>
> i've got two simple questions !
>
> when i want to "sacrifice" a shambling horde to the Khobar tower, do i
gain
> 3 pool or nothing ? i guess nothing !

the second question was : if i put an ally in play with a Charismatic' vamp,
is the cost of this ally effectively reduced by one for the purpose of
Khobar tower ? I guess not, but there was a precedent about Peace treaty +
Black cat so i wanted to be sure =)

reyda again

GreySeer

non lue,
31 janv. 2002, 00:47:3631/01/2002
> > i've got two simple questions !
> >
> > when i want to "sacrifice" a shambling horde to the Khobar tower, do i
gain
> > 3 pool or nothing ? i guess nothing !

You get 3 pool, the card does not distinguish between the pool or blood cost
of the ally.

> the second question was : if i put an ally in play with a Charismatic'
vamp,
> is the cost of this ally effectively reduced by one for the purpose of
> Khobar tower ? I guess not, but there was a precedent about Peace treaty +
> Black cat so i wanted to be sure =)

The ally does not remember how it was brought into play or how much was paid
when it was brought into play, similar to Black Cat + Peacy Treaty, as you
stated.

LSJ

non lue,
31 janv. 2002, 08:17:2531/01/2002

The pool cost of the Shambling Hordes is 0, so you'd gain 0, right.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ

non lue,
31 janv. 2002, 08:18:0631/01/2002

Right - not. The Black Cat precedent still holds - the ally is not "on" the
Charismatic vampire, so the cost is no longer reduced.

Orpheus

non lue,
2 févr. 2002, 10:27:5402/02/2002

Weird, nobody answered that question yet ? Or is it my server which doesn't
publish the answer(s) ?

James Coupe

non lue,
2 févr. 2002, 10:48:3002/02/2002
In message <a3h0oa$o75$1...@wanadoo.fr>, Orpheus <orph...@wanadoo.fr>
writes:

>Weird, nobody answered that question yet ? Or is it my server which doesn't
>publish the answer(s) ?

It's your server.

Shambling Hordes have no pool cost, so Golconda Towers gives you no
pool.

--
James Coupe but I lust after the raw pow0r of c.
PGP 0x5D623D5D together with the humping great

The Lasombra

non lue,
2 févr. 2002, 10:54:0102/02/2002
"Orpheus" <orph...@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

> > when i want to "sacrifice" a shambling horde to the Khobar
> > tower, do i gain 3 pool or nothing ? i guess nothing !

> > Khobar Towers, Al-Khubar [FN]
> > Cardtype: Master
> > Clan: Follower of Set
> > Cost: 2 pool
> > Master: unique location
> > Tap during your untap phase to remove a ready minion you control
> > from the game and gain X pool, where X is the capacity of that
> > vampire or the [pool] cost of that ally.
>
> Weird, nobody answered that question yet ?

LSJ answered it on 1/31.

"The pool cost of the Shambling Hordes is 0, so you'd gain 0, right.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/"

> Or is it my server which doesn't publish the answer(s) ?

It's your server.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

Chris Berger

non lue,
2 févr. 2002, 12:12:5902/02/2002

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> > when i want to "sacrifice" a shambling horde to the Khobar tower, do i
gain
> > 3 pool or nothing ? i guess nothing !
> >

> The pool cost of the Shambling Hordes is 0, so you'd gain 0, right.

Just out of curiosity, when was the text of Khobar Towers changed? Near as
I can tell, it just says "cost" on the card, although his post said "[pool]
cost" so, I guess there was errata... ?

Orpheus

non lue,
2 févr. 2002, 12:19:2402/02/2002

> >Weird, nobody answered that question yet ? Or is it my server which
doesn't
> >publish the answer(s) ?
>
> It's your server.
>
> Shambling Hordes have no pool cost, so Golconda Towers gives you no
> pool.

Ok, thank to all, this time I've seen it. :-)

Lots of cable connection problems lately...

Happy Huntings,

Orpheus

Nystulc

non lue,
3 févr. 2002, 06:14:1003/02/2002
Chris Berger wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, when was the text of Khobar Towers changed? Near as
>I can tell, it just says "cost" on the card, although his post said "[pool]
>cost" so, I guess there was errata... ?

Nearest I can tell, it was never changed.

Apparently, this is simply a ruling. Perhaps it is considered to follow the
precedent of the rulings on Peace Treaty and Kindred Segregation, where
reference to costs of allies or equipment were interpreted as referring to pool
cost only. Perhaps this is now considered to be the default assumption where
there is no specification as to the nature of the "cost" of an card in play.

Is this correct? If so, it would mean that one gets no blood for burning a
Courier with "Orgy of Blood".

LSJ

non lue,
4 févr. 2002, 08:15:0504/02/2002
Chris Berger wrote:
> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > > when i want to "sacrifice" a shambling horde to the Khobar tower, do i
> gain
> > > 3 pool or nothing ? i guess nothing !
> > The pool cost of the Shambling Hordes is 0, so you'd gain 0, right.
> >
> Just out of curiosity, when was the text of Khobar Towers changed? Near as
> I can tell, it just says "cost" on the card, although his post said "[pool]
> cost" so, I guess there was errata... ?

The ruling was first made via a private email response to the private email
question in August 2001, at which time the online card text was updated.

The above message is, I believe, the first public statement of the ruling
outside of the online card text file.

I should have made a public announcement of the ruling back in August.
Sorry for the oversight.

LSJ

non lue,
4 févr. 2002, 08:19:4304/02/2002

Vandal counters must contend with blood-costing locations.
Orgy of Blood will count recruitment cost in blood.

I'll put the Khobar Towers ruling on the RT list.

Nystulc

non lue,
4 févr. 2002, 09:58:5104/02/2002
LSJ wrote:

>> Is this correct? If so, it would mean that one gets no blood for burning a
>> Courier with "Orgy of Blood".
>
>Vandal counters must contend with blood-costing locations.
>Orgy of Blood will count recruitment cost in blood.
>
>I'll put the Khobar Towers ruling on the RT list.

Then, is there no standard assumption as to the meaning of the term "cost" when
referencing a card in play? If the card fails to specify the nature of the
cost, makes the card ambiguous and can apparently be resolved either way by a
"ruling"?

Or is the default assumption that "cost" includes both blood and pool costs,
and the ruling on Khobar Towers is therefore "errata"?

I'm also wondering how many vandal counters it would take to burn a
hypothetical loquipment location that had both a pool and a blood cost. But
perhaps the design team intends to avoid confusion by never printing such.

0 nouveau message