(LSJ) Momentary Delay vs "at the end of the action"

floppyzedolfin

Feb 8, 2010, 7:38:17 AM2/8/10

* Suppose Epikasta Rigatos performs a Govern the Unaligned action. She
is blocked, but, at the end of the action, meets the requirements to
play Momentary Delay. Does her controler get the opportunity to
shuffle back in her library a Govern the Unaligned before playing
Momentary Delay? If yes, does she also get the opportunity to shuffle
back a Govern the Unaligned at the "second" end of the action, given
Epikasta plays Momentary Delay?

* Suppose Peacemaker gets played during an action that gets blocked.
Does the vampire who played Peacemaker untap before the acting vampire
gets the opportunity to play Momentary Delay?

* If Xian "DziDzat155" Quan successfully blocks a vampire, and if that
vampire meets Momentary Delay at this action's end, does Xian
"DziDzat155" Quan get a conviction before Momentary gets to be played?
If so, does he also get 1 conviction at the "second" end of the
action?

Thanks,
Pascal

~~

Epikasta Rigatos
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Toreador
Group: 4
Capacity: 8
Discipline: cel AUS DOM PRE
Camarilla Prince of New York: You may move an action card Epikasta
plays from your ash heap to your library at the end of the action
(shuffle afterward).

Peacemaker
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Obeah/Presence
Only usable by a vampire who successfully blocks a (D) action directed
at you (play before combat).
[pre] Cancel combat. The action continues as if unblocked. For the
remainder of this action, all minions get -1 bleed and -1 strength.
[obe] As [pre] above, and untap this blocking vampire at the end of
the action.
[OBE] As [obe] above, but all minions get -2 bleed and -2 strength and
cannot use weapons.

Xian "DziDzat155" Quan
Cardtype: Imbued
Creed: Defender
Group: 4
Life: 4
Virtue: def inn
If Xian successfully blocks a monster and is still ready at the end of
the action, he may gain a conviction from your hand or ash heap.

(according to a transcription of the cardtext) :
Momentary Delay
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Requires a vampire with capacity 7 or more.
Only usable at the end of an action blocked by an ally or a vampire of
capacity 5 or less (after any combats). Not usable if more than one
round of combat has occured nor if this vampire has lost 3 or more
blood this action or ended combat before the press step. The action
continues as if unblocked.

Abdul alHazred

Feb 8, 2010, 7:53:18 AM2/8/10

On 8 Feb, 13:38, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Suppose Epikasta Rigatos performs a Govern the Unaligned action. She
> is blocked, but, at the end of the action, meets the requirements to
> play Momentary Delay. Does her controler get the opportunity to
> shuffle back in her library a Govern the Unaligned before playing
> Momentary Delay? If yes, does she also get the opportunity to shuffle
> back a Govern the Unaligned at the "second" end of the action, given
> Epikasta plays Momentary Delay?

I would say this fits the template of "During x do y" and is only
possible once each action and since its the same action. And it points
to the card played not cards with the same name.

> * Suppose Peacemaker gets played during an action that gets blocked.
> Does the vampire who played Peacemaker untap before the acting vampire
> gets the opportunity to play Momentary Delay?

since the controller of the acting minion does his stuff first in each
window i would guess no.

> * If Xian "DziDzat155" Quan successfully blocks a vampire, and if that
> vampire meets Momentary Delay at this action's end, does Xian
> "DziDzat155" Quan get a conviction before Momentary gets to be played?
> If so, does he also get 1 conviction at the "second" end of the
> action?

Same as peacemaker. I guess

cheers

floppyzedolfin

Feb 8, 2010, 8:48:07 AM2/8/10
On Feb 8, 1:53 pm, Abdul alHazred <hallonkul...@yahoo.se> wrote:
> On 8 Feb, 13:38, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > * Suppose Peacemaker gets played during an action that gets blocked.
> > Does the vampire who played Peacemaker untap before the acting vampire
> > gets the opportunity to play Momentary Delay?
>
> since the controller of the acting minion does his stuff first in each
> window i would guess no.
> cheers

Well, I was thinking that, similarly to Trap providing a press to
continue before anyone (including the acting minion) could play one,
there are sometimes things that happen before the acting player gets
the impulse for that time-window.

LSJ

Feb 8, 2010, 10:28:53 AM2/8/10
to vtes-...@yahoogroups.com
On Feb 8, 7:38 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi honorable card-text-quoter,

> * Suppose Epikasta Rigatos performs a Govern the Unaligned action. She
> is blocked, but, at the end of the action, meets the requirements to
> play Momentary Delay. Does her controler get the opportunity to
> shuffle back in her library a Govern the Unaligned before playing
> Momentary Delay?

Yes, but that would make Momentary Delay unable to continue the
action.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/2d8a664119fb45a3

> If yes, does she also get the opportunity to shuffle
> back a Govern the Unaligned at the "second" end of the action, given
> Epikasta plays Momentary Delay?

Moot.

> * Suppose Peacemaker gets played during an action that gets blocked.
> Does the vampire who played Peacemaker untap before the acting vampire
> gets the opportunity to play Momentary Delay?

No. Acting Methuselah gets the first opportunity to play an effect.

> * If Xian "DziDzat155" Quan successfully blocks a vampire, and if that
> vampire meets Momentary Delay at this action's end, does Xian
> "DziDzat155" Quan get a conviction before Momentary gets to be played?

No, as Peacemaker above.

> If so, does he also get 1 conviction at the "second" end of the
> action?

Moot.

Meej

Feb 8, 2010, 12:34:18 PM2/8/10
On Feb 8, 10:28 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 7:38 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > * Suppose Peacemaker gets played during an action that gets blocked.
> > Does the vampire who played Peacemaker untap before the acting vampire
> > gets the opportunity to play Momentary Delay?
>
> No. Acting Methuselah gets the first opportunity to play an effect.

While that answers the question asked, as for this and Xian Quan -
wouldn't it be the case that if the acting vamp declines, initially,
and passes the impulse to the blocker, who chooses to untap/gain a
conviction, the acting vampire could then play Momentary Delay?

If so, how would the two cards asked about (Xian and Peacemaker)
interact with the second "end of the action" iteration? (Assume the
Peacemaker blocked again, so xe tapped again.)

- D.J.

LSJ

Feb 8, 2010, 1:00:14 PM2/8/10
On Feb 8, 12:34 pm, Meej <dj...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 10:28 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 8, 7:38 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > * Suppose Peacemaker gets played during an action that gets blocked.
> > > Does the vampire who played Peacemaker untap before the acting vampire
> > > gets the opportunity to play Momentary Delay?
>
> > No. Acting Methuselah gets the first opportunity to play an effect.
>
> While that answers the question asked, as for this and Xian Quan -
> wouldn't it be the case that if the acting vamp declines, initially,
> and passes the impulse to the blocker, who chooses to untap/gain a
> conviction, the acting vampire could then play Momentary Delay?

Yes.

> If so, how would the two cards asked about (Xian and Peacemaker)
> interact with the second "end of the action" iteration?  (Assume the
> Peacemaker blocked again, so xe tapped again.)

Untap or gain a conviction when the action again reaches "end of the
action".

floppyzedolfin

Feb 9, 2010, 7:15:40 PM2/9/10
On 8 fév, 13:38, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Momentary Delay
> Cardtype: Action Modifier
> Requires a vampire with capacity 7 or more.
> Only usable at the end of an action blocked by an ally or a vampire of
> capacity 5 or less (after any combats). Not usable if more than one
> round of combat has occured nor if this vampire has lost 3 or more
> blood this action or ended combat before the press step. The action
> continues as if unblocked.

In the next questions, the blocking minion is a vampire with capacity
of 5 or less (or an ally, in case 2), the acting minion is a vampire
with capacity of 7 or more, there has been 1 or less round of combat
during this action, and my vampire has lost 2 or less blood.

* Suppose my Leave torpor action is blocked, but the blocking vampire
doesn't diablerize my vampire.
Can my vampire play Momentary Delay?

* Suppose my vampire's "regular" action (bleed, hunt, political
action, bum's rush, ...) is blocked, my vampire suffers 1 agg damage
in the resulting combat. We reach the end of the action (where I could
play Freak Drive). Can I play Momentary Delay? What happens if I can?

LSJ

Feb 9, 2010, 7:26:56 PM2/9/10
On Feb 9, 7:15 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Momentary Delay
> > Cardtype: Action Modifier
> > Requires a vampire with capacity 7 or more.
> > Only usable at the end of an action blocked by an ally or a vampire of
> > capacity 5 or less (after any combats). Not usable if more than one
> > round of combat has occured nor if this vampire has lost 3 or more
> > blood this action or ended combat before the press step. The action
> > continues as if unblocked.
>
> In the next questions, the blocking minion is a vampire with capacity
> of 5 or less (or an ally, in case 2), the acting minion is a vampire
> with capacity of 7 or more, there has been 1 or less round of combat
> during this action, and my vampire has lost 2 or less blood.
>
> * Suppose my Leave torpor action is blocked, but the blocking vampire
> doesn't diablerize my vampire.
> Can my vampire play Momentary Delay?

Sure. Card text.

> * Suppose my vampire's "regular" action (bleed, hunt, political
> action, bum's rush, ...) is blocked, my vampire suffers 1 agg damage
> in the resulting combat. We reach the end of the action (where I could
> play Freak Drive). Can I play Momentary Delay? What happens if I can?

No. The action is not one a non-ready vampire can continue.