Dragon's Breath Rounds and Target Vitals

Kushiel

Dec 30, 2008, 11:20:10 AM12/30/08
I strike for one with a Saturday Night Special, playing Target Vitals
with the strike. After my opponent declares his strike, I play
Dragon's Breath Rounds. Does the extra damage from Vitals inherit the
aggravated nature of the two points of DBR damage, or does it stay non-
aggravated?

John Eno

The Lasombra

Dec 30, 2008, 11:42:14 AM12/30/08

The 2 points of additional damage from Target Vitals are not
aggravated.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=rulings

# Additional damage inherits all of the properties of the base damage
(So the +1 damage from lucky blow is aggravated for Basilia). [RTR ]

# The base damage does not inherit the properties of the additional
damage (So a Saturday Night Special with Dragon's Breath Rounds does 1
normal plus 2 aggravated damage). [RTR ]

# Effects that increase the damage provided by strike cards affect
those cards rather than the striking minion (so the added damage is
the same type as the strike's damage, not the base damage). [RTR
19970630]

Carpe noctem.

The Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

Your best source of V:TES information.
Now also selling boxes and individual cards.

Blooded Sand

Dec 30, 2008, 11:57:13 AM12/30/08

So if I target Vitals a strike using Wolf claws, does that mean the TV
is agg too as the base dmg is ag? Sorry, my brain is numb from work

LSJ

Dec 30, 2008, 12:18:17 PM12/30/08
Blooded Sand wrote:
> So if I target Vitals a strike using Wolf claws, does that mean the TV
> is agg too as the base dmg is ag? Sorry, my brain is numb from work

Correct.

The Lasombra

Dec 30, 2008, 12:19:51 PM12/30/08
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 08:57:13 -0800 (PST), Blooded Sand wrote:

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=rulings

>So if I target Vitals a strike using Wolf claws, does that mean the TV
>is agg too as the base dmg is ag? Sorry, my brain is numb from work

Yes.

Additional damage inherits all of the properties of the base damage
(So the +1 damage from lucky blow is aggravated for Basilia).

Kushiel

Dec 30, 2008, 1:50:17 PM12/30/08
On Dec 30, 11:42 am, The Lasombra <TheLasom...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The 2 points of additional damage from Target Vitals are not
> aggravated.
>
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=rulings

Ah, thank you! I had looked around the newsgroup for information on
this, but didn't think to look at the rulings page.

John Eno