Spell of Life Q (Aabbt Kindred + Nefertiti)

rain_cr...@hotmail.com

Oct 10, 2007, 5:02:37 PM10/10/07
Hello, I have (hopefully) a quick question.

If Nefertiti is chosen as a vampire for the effects of Spell of Life,
would she allow my Aabbt Kindred to perform D actions?

This is why I think yes:
Aabbt Kindred refer to her by name, so if she is Nefertiti, a 10 life
unique mummy ally, then would that fulfill that requirement?

This is why I think no:
Aabbt Kindred cannot perform D actions unless Nefertiti is READY.. Can
Allies be ready? other than imbued who are incompacitated. Is an ally
either ready or burnt?

Thank you for any help!

I've been thinking about an Aabbt Kindred deck since KMW, with Waters
of Duat.
Now that we have Bima, Mesu Bedshet, and Spell of Life.. I think it
could be very fun.

James Coupe

Oct 10, 2007, 5:08:23 PM10/10/07
In message <1192050157.5...@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

rain_cr...@hotmail.com writes:
>If Nefertiti is chosen as a vampire for the effects of Spell of Life,
>would she allow my Aabbt Kindred to perform D actions?

Yes. Any minion called Nefertiti would do.

>This is why I think no:
>Aabbt Kindred cannot perform D actions unless Nefertiti is READY.. Can
>Allies be ready? other than imbued who are incompacitated. Is an ally
>either ready or burnt?

Any minion that's in play, not contested, not incapacitated, and not in
torpor is ready.

Minions in the ready region are the ones who take normal actions, like
bleeding, equipping etc.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Blooded Sand

Oct 10, 2007, 5:40:28 PM10/10/07
On Oct 10, 11:08 pm, James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <1192050157.580307.314...@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

>From the other side, if I Spell of Life 5 Aabts into play, they all
contest, or does the first one hit the table and the rest burn as
incoming copies?

John Flournoy

Oct 10, 2007, 5:43:11 PM10/10/07
On Oct 10, 4:40 pm, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>From the other side, if I Spell of Life 5 Aabts into play, they all
> contest, or does the first one hit the table and the rest burn as
> incoming copies?

I'd assume it follows the ruling on Chain of Command: You cannot
choose multiples of the same vampire to bring into play, since you
cannot voluntarily contest your own cards.

-John Flournoy

Blooded Sand

Oct 10, 2007, 5:44:54 PM10/10/07

You can voluntarily bring in copies of a vampire (minion) you already
control. Incoming copies just burn.

witness1

Oct 10, 2007, 5:52:51 PM10/10/07

No. You can voluntarily transfer pool onto vampires you already
control. The rules then force you to put them into play, if it has
sufficient counters on it, which causes it to burn.

witness1

LSJ

Oct 10, 2007, 6:14:19 PM10/10/07
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1192050157.5...@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> rain_cr...@hotmail.com writes:
>> If Nefertiti is chosen as a vampire for the effects of Spell of Life,
>> would she allow my Aabbt Kindred to perform D actions?
>
> Yes. Any minion called Nefertiti would do.

Correct.
Google: "Spell of life" Nefertiti author:LSJ

>> This is why I think no:
>> Aabbt Kindred cannot perform D actions unless Nefertiti is READY.. Can
>> Allies be ready? other than imbued who are incompacitated. Is an ally
>> either ready or burnt?
>
> Any minion that's in play, not contested, not incapacitated, and not in
> torpor is ready.

Correct. More directly: minions in the ready region are ready.

LSJ

Oct 10, 2007, 6:16:34 PM10/10/07

Correct.
Google: "Spell of Life" aabbt contest

James Coupe

Oct 11, 2007, 4:05:50 AM10/11/07
In message <1192052694....@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

Blooded Sand <sand...@gmail.com> writes:
>On Oct 10, 11:43 pm, John Flournoy <carne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd assume it follows the ruling on Chain of Command: You cannot
>> choose multiples of the same vampire to bring into play, since you
>> cannot voluntarily contest your own cards.
>
>You can voluntarily bring in copies of a vampire (minion) you already
>control.

As witness1 points out, no you can't.

Example: a vampire you control has been burned. You influence another
copy out. Looking at your hand in a tough situation later, you think
"Hey, I'll play Possession on that vampire in my ash heap, they'll come
into play and burn as an incoming copy BUT I'll cycle a card out of my
hand and tap The Tower of London to get a pool!"

Can't do it.

Similarly, you can't recruit a second unique ally if you already have
one.

You can have incoming copies of influenced vampires, though, because the
transfers are voluntary but the bringing out isn't.

Blooded Sand

Oct 11, 2007, 4:47:57 AM10/11/07
On Oct 11, 10:05 am, James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <1192052694.605679.56...@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

By that same logic, if I control a 3 and 7 cap, 7 with DOM, and i have
copies of both in my uncontrolled, i cannot target the 3 cap with GtU
at DOM as i am targeting a copy of a minion already in play?

James Coupe

Oct 11, 2007, 5:20:56 AM10/11/07
In message <1192092477.1...@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>,

Blooded Sand <sand...@gmail.com> writes:
>By that same logic, if I control a 3 and 7 cap, 7 with DOM, and i have
>copies of both in my uncontrolled, i cannot target the 3 cap with GtU
>at DOM as i am targeting a copy of a minion already in play?

That's using different logic.

Your action does not lead to a contested vampire coming in, so it's
perfectly fine. During your influence phase, assuming you leave the
blood on the vampire, it will come in involuntarily.

dvorax

Oct 11, 2007, 5:54:36 AM10/11/07
On Oct 11, 11:20 am, James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <1192092477.152497.176...@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>,

> Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> writes:
> >By that same logic, if I control a 3 and 7 cap, 7 with DOM, and i have
> >copies of both in my uncontrolled, i cannot target the 3 cap with GtU
> >at DOM as i am targeting a copy of a minion already in play?
>
> That's using different logic.
>
> Your action does not lead to a contested vampire coming in, so it's
> perfectly fine. During your influence phase, assuming you leave the
> blood on the vampire, it will come in involuntarily.
>
> --
> James Coupe
> PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.
> EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 NO-ONE IS SCREAMING.
> 13D7E668C3695D623D5D THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

Just to be sure: playing Undue Influence at qui (Put 1 blood counter
on the chosen vampire. If the number of counters equals or exceeds his
or her capacity, move that vampire to your ready region.) on a vampire
which would come out and self-contest is illegal, as it would be a
voluntary coming-out as opposed to the common influence-phase-coming-
out.

dvorax.

LSJ

Oct 11, 2007, 6:50:12 AM10/11/07
dvorax wrote:
> Just to be sure: playing Undue Influence at qui (Put 1 blood counter
> on the chosen vampire. If the number of counters equals or exceeds his
> or her capacity, move that vampire to your ready region.) on a vampire
> which would come out and self-contest is illegal, as it would be a
> voluntary coming-out as opposed to the common influence-phase-coming-
> out.

Correct.