Pochtli

3 vues

Jozxyqk

non lue,
31 juil. 2001, 11:23:3331/07/2001
Pochtli [FN]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Giovanni
Capacity: 8
Discipline: cel dom NEC OBF POT
Independent: Pochtli may move up to two cards from your ash heap to your
library as a +1 stealth action. Shuffle your library afterward.

LSJ has said that there is only one "ash heap". Since Pochtli does not
limit himself to the type of card, what happens if you use his ability to
put a burned Vampire from your ash heap into your Library? Can you draw
a Vampire card? Can you do anything with it from your hand?

LSJ

non lue,
31 juil. 2001, 11:41:0731/07/2001
Jozxyqk wrote:

> Pochtli [FN]
> Cardtype: Vampire
> Clan: Giovanni
> Capacity: 8
> Discipline: cel dom NEC OBF POT
> Independent: Pochtli may move up to two cards from your ash heap to your
> library as a +1 stealth action. Shuffle your library afterward.
>
> LSJ has said that there is only one "ash heap". Since Pochtli does not

This is true, but brings no new problems to Pochtli, since he doesn't
distinguish between various types of ash heaps.

> limit himself to the type of card, what happens if you use his ability to
> put a burned Vampire from your ash heap into your Library? Can you draw
> a Vampire card? Can you do anything with it from your hand?

You can't move crypt cards to your library.
Similarly, you cannot move library cards to your crypt.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sorrow

non lue,
31 juil. 2001, 11:46:2331/07/2001
> > limit himself to the type of card, what happens if you use his ability
> > put a burned Vampire from your ash heap into your Library? Can you draw
> > a Vampire card? Can you do anything with it from your hand?
> You can't move crypt cards to your library.
> Similarly, you cannot move library cards to your crypt.

But previously you said that there is only one ashheap. So if a vampire
gets burned (Diablerie, etc), presumably it goes to that ashheap. So
what happens if (in the hypothetical sitation) the only cards in your
ashheap are vampires? Can he not take the action? Can he take the
action but it'll fizzle because he cannot move vampires to your library?

Sorrow
---
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
Our war is a spiritual war. Our depression is our lives."
- Tyler Durden

LSJ

non lue,
31 juil. 2001, 11:52:5031/07/2001
Sorrow wrote:

> > > limit himself to the type of card, what happens if you use his ability
> > > put a burned Vampire from your ash heap into your Library? Can you draw
> > > a Vampire card? Can you do anything with it from your hand?
> > You can't move crypt cards to your library.
> > Similarly, you cannot move library cards to your crypt.
>
> But previously you said that there is only one ashheap. So if a vampire

Certainly, as I affirmed directly in the section you snipped from above.

> gets burned (Diablerie, etc), presumably it goes to that ashheap. So

Certainly.

> what happens if (in the hypothetical sitation) the only cards in your
> ashheap are vampires? Can he not take the action? Can he take the
> action but it'll fizzle because he cannot move vampires to your library?

Same thing that happens if there are no cards in your ash heap, yes.
If there are no library cards in your ash heap, then effects which would
move library cards from your ash heap to your library will have nothing
to target. With no target, the card/action cannot be played/performed.

James Coupe

non lue,
31 juil. 2001, 14:33:1031/07/2001
In message <3B66D192...@white-wolf.com>, LSJ <vtesrep@white-
wolf.com> writes

>> LSJ has said that there is only one "ash heap". Since Pochtli does not
>
>This is true, but brings no new problems to Pochtli, since he doesn't
>distinguish between various types of ash heaps.

For reference, see also:

"Imogen's ability cannot be used to move a burned vampire (crypt card)
to the target's hand. Only library cards can be exchanged by Imogen's
ability. [LSJ 19990525] "

which uses a similar template.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
EBD690ECD7A1F

Roger Carhult

non lue,
1 août 2001, 07:21:3601/08/2001
> > what happens if (in the hypothetical sitation) the only cards in your
> > ashheap are vampires? Can he not take the action? Can he take the
> > action but it'll fizzle because he cannot move vampires to your library?
>
> Same thing that happens if there are no cards in your ash heap, yes.
> If there are no library cards in your ash heap, then effects which would
> move library cards from your ash heap to your library will have nothing
> to target. With no target, the card/action cannot be played/performed.

How is the Coven ruled if I have no minions, can I still tap it to
keep my predator from using it twice that round?

LSJ

non lue,
1 août 2001, 08:12:4301/08/2001
Roger Carhult wrote:
> How is the Coven ruled if I have no minions, can I still tap it to
> keep my predator from using it twice that round?

No. You also could not, say, tap KRCG in response to a Dominate Kine
action directed at it (unless Anneke or an Eagle's Sight was played
by someone else to attempt to block the action and you felt like
paying a pool to distribute the intercept).

Roger Carhult

non lue,
3 août 2001, 10:13:1203/08/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3B67F23B...@white-wolf.com>...

> Roger Carhult wrote:
> > How is the Coven ruled if I have no minions, can I still tap it to
> > keep my predator from using it twice that round?
>
> No. You also could not, say, tap KRCG in response to a Dominate Kine
> action directed at it (unless Anneke or an Eagle's Sight was played
> by someone else to attempt to block the action and you felt like
> paying a pool to distribute the intercept).

Uh what? If someone tries to steal my KRCG with DK and does so with
stealth, am I not allowed to tap KRCG to give myself intercept to
block it?? How come? If not done with stealth, how can I give the
intercept away to someone else then as you suggest? You're not allowed
to icnrease someone's intercept unless he needs it for the block,
right?

Can you tap the Coven to give blodd to an already full vampire then?
(this I think you can but it will just drain off).

Derek Ray

non lue,
3 août 2001, 10:26:3603/08/2001
On 3 Aug 2001 07:13:12 -0700, rogc...@student.luth.se (Roger Carhult)
wrote:

>LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3B67F23B...@white-wolf.com>...
>> Roger Carhult wrote:
>> > How is the Coven ruled if I have no minions, can I still tap it to
>> > keep my predator from using it twice that round?
>>
>> No. You also could not, say, tap KRCG in response to a Dominate Kine
>> action directed at it (unless Anneke or an Eagle's Sight was played
>> by someone else to attempt to block the action and you felt like
>> paying a pool to distribute the intercept).
>
>Uh what? If someone tries to steal my KRCG with DK and does so with
>stealth, am I not allowed to tap KRCG to give myself intercept to
>block it?? How come? If not done with stealth, how can I give the
>intercept away to someone else then as you suggest? You're not allowed
>to icnrease someone's intercept unless he needs it for the block,
>right?

Look at your own original question.

"If I have NO MINIONS"... then no, you couldn't tap KRCG to give a
minion you control intercept. And you couldn't tap the Coven. And you
couldn't give ANOTHER minion intercept unless they were trying to block.

The basic idea is that if you can't find a target, you can't use the
effect. Coven requires a ready vampire, so with no ready vampires, you
can't tap it. Fast Hands requires your opponent to have equipment; if
they don't have equipment, you can't play Fast Hands.

>Can you tap the Coven to give blodd to an already full vampire then?
>(this I think you can but it will just drain off).

Yes.

-- Derek

"Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice." - F. Leghorn

0 nouveau message