Spirit Marionette and Shalmath

1 view

Cecil

Mar 2, 2010, 10:57:11 AM3/2/10
So it is my turn, and my prey has Shalmath, and I have an untapped
Salubri with advanced Obeah.

If my prey untaps Shalmath during my turn after I have declared I am
done, can I immediately play spirit marionette or do I have to wait to
see if they will use Shalmath first?

Cecil

LSJ

Mar 2, 2010, 11:06:08 AM3/2/10

You mean "during my minion phase, after I have passed (declaring no
further actions at this time)".

Yes, if Shalmath untaps during your minion phase, the impulse returns
to you (the acting Methuselah).

If he untaps during your influence phase, however, the impulse still
returns to you, but your minions would not be able to take an action.

floppyzedolfin

Mar 2, 2010, 11:08:05 AM3/2/10

You can play Spirit Marionnette at OBE. Or at obe. Untapping Shalmath
is using the between-action impulse.
The next impulse to declare actions is yours, since it is your turn.

Cecil

Mar 2, 2010, 11:12:50 AM3/2/10
On Mar 2, 10:06 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 10:57 am, Cecil <ceci...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So it is my turn, and my prey has Shalmath, and I have an untapped
> > Salubri with advanced Obeah.
>
> > If my prey untaps Shalmath during my turn after I have declared I am
> > done, can I immediately play spirit marionette or do I have to wait to
> > see if they will use Shalmath first?
>
> You mean "during my minion phase, after I have passed (declaring no
> further actions at this time)".

Yeah that's what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear.

> Yes, if Shalmath untaps during your minion phase, the impulse returns
> to you (the acting Methuselah).
>
> If he untaps during your influence phase, however, the impulse still
> returns to you, but your minions would not be able to take an action.

OK. It probably ultimately wouldn't have made much difference in the
game, but it is nice to know.

Thanks!

Cecil

LSJ

Mar 2, 2010, 11:19:18 AM3/2/10
On Mar 2, 11:12 am, Cecil <ceci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 10:06 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 2, 10:57 am, Cecil <ceci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So it is my turn, and my prey has Shalmath, and I have an untapped
> > > Salubri with advanced Obeah.
>
> > > If my prey untaps Shalmath during my turn after I have declared I am
> > > done, can I immediately play spirit marionette or do I have to wait to
> > > see if they will use Shalmath first?
>
> > You mean "during my minion phase, after I have passed (declaring no
> > further actions at this time)".
>
> Yeah that's what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear.

Not at all unclear.

I find that such rephrasings can help people reading the answer
understand the details better.