(LSJ) Abactor questions

floppyzedolfin

Jan 12, 2010, 10:54:34 AM1/12/10
Hello,

1 - Vampire plays Abactor, the action is successful.
a) Can Freak Drive be played before the Blood Hunt referendum Abactor
generates is called?
b) Can Freak Drive be played after the Blood Hunt referendum Abactor
generates is called (admitting the vampire survived the Blood Hunt, of
course) ?

I think they are both OK - a) because of the similarity with Voter
Captivation's timing window; b) given Truth of a Thousand Lies'
cardtext.

=

2 - Can Lay Low be played if the Blood Hunt generated by Abactor would
burn the acting vampire?

I think so, though the "independent of the action" confuses me.

Thanks.

==

Abactor
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth hunt action.
Gain 5 blood. After successful resolution, a referendum is called to
call a blood hunt on this vampire (independent of the action, just as
if he or she had committed diablerie).

Freak Drive
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Fortitude
[for] Only usable at the end of a successful action (after resolving
the action). This vampire untaps.
[FOR] As above, but usable even if the action is blocked (play after
combat, if any).

Lay Low
Cardtype: Action Modifier/Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Requires an anarch.
Only usable when a blood hunt referendum passes and would burn this
anarch. Move this anarch to the uncontrolled region (breaking any
temporary control effects). Any cards and counters on this vampire
remain with him or her (but are out of play as long as the vampire
remains uncontrolled).

LSJ

Jan 12, 2010, 11:13:33 AM1/12/10
On Jan 12, 10:54 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1 - Vampire plays Abactor, the action is successful.
> a) Can Freak Drive be played before the Blood Hunt referendum Abactor
> generates is called?

No. The Blood Hunt generated by Abactor is handled like the Blood Hunt
generated by a diablerie.

> b) Can Freak Drive be played after the Blood Hunt referendum Abactor
> generates is called (admitting the vampire survived the Blood Hunt, of
> course) ?

Yes.

> I think they are both OK - a) because of the similarity with Voter
> Captivation's timing window; b)  given Truth of a Thousand Lies'
> cardtext.
>
> =
>
> 2 - Can Lay Low be played if the Blood Hunt generated by Abactor would
> burn the acting vampire?

Yes.

> I think so, though the "independent of the action" confuses me.

FWIW, a regular blood hunt referendum is also conducted "independent
of the action".

Juggernaut1981

Jan 12, 2010, 4:29:59 PM1/12/10

"Independent of the Action" basically is isolating the Blood Hunt
Referendum from being an action or part of an action. It is a "thing
which just happens" rather than the result of an action to create a
referendum.