Ian Forestall and Spontaneous Power [LSJ]

Merlin

Mar 8, 2006, 4:06:02 PM3/8/06
Can Ian manifest any discipline at superior through Spontaneous Power?
It seems to me like he can, because of the text on SP and Ian. I
checked the group but found nothing on this, but it seems like someone
would have asked by now.

Text in question-
Ian's ability:
Ability: Ian can play cards of any Discipline as though he has the
basic level of that Discipline. Master Discipline cards played on him
grant the superior level of that Discipline.

Spontaneous Power Text:
Put this card on a vampire and choose a Discipline. This vampire gains
1 level of the chosen Discipline. While in play, this card counts as a
master: Discipline card.

There are two responses that make sense to me:
A) While SP only grants one level of the discipline in question, it
seems to me that Ian's last line of text, "Master Discipline cards
played on him grant the superior level of that Discipline," sees SP as
a Master Discipline and grants him the superior.

B) Another way to read it is that when played on Ian, the card isn't
yet a Master Discipline and so only grants basic to Ian. But that seems
like a stretch.

Which is it? Thanks in advance,

Merlin

nozle...@hotmail.com

Mar 8, 2006, 4:53:25 PM3/8/06
While in play, this card counts as a
master: Discipline card.

When you play it on Ian, it is in play. He can play as though he had
the discipline at superior.

LSJ

Mar 9, 2006, 6:15:08 AM3/9/06

Correct.

Salem

Mar 9, 2006, 4:06:57 PM3/9/06

I thought with Ian once he got it at superior it was no longer 'as if'
he had the discipline at superior, but he just DID have it at superior.

--
salem
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/vtes/

LSJ

Mar 9, 2006, 4:38:29 PM3/9/06
Salem wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
> > nozle...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >> While in play, this card counts as a
> >> master: Discipline card.
> >>
> >> When you play it on Ian, it is in play. He can play as though he had
> >> the discipline at superior.
> >
> > Correct.
>
> I thought with Ian once he got it at superior it was no longer 'as if'
> he had the discipline at superior, but he just DID have it at superior.

Also true.