Jackal

0 vue

Jason Bell

non lue,
15 juin 2001, 04:18:3315/06/2001
I have a question about Jackal.
Retainer with 1 life.
If your prey has a ready FoS or Assamite, the minion
with this retainer gets +1 stealth.
S: As above, but the vampire gets +2 stealth

Follow me here, the errata say:

"A vampire who gets a bleed bonus if your prey controls a vampire of a
certain
clan (or other sect) gets his bleed bonus if the Methuselah he bleeds
controls
a vampire of that clan (or sect)." [RTR 19960530]

So, would the minion with the Jackal retainer get the stealth only
when blocked by a minion whose controller has a ready Assamite
or Follower of Set?

I would imagine not, but I can't figure out the reasoning for one
but not the other.

- Jason Bell

Jack Crow

non lue,
15 juin 2001, 05:12:2615/06/2001
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:18:33 GMT, "Jason Bell" <Jason...@mail.com>
wrote:

I'm always wrong and such so please take that into account. I do not
think the stealth granted specifically depends on the methuselah
targeted, only the condition of your prey having a vampire of that
clan. The stealth should be an inherent modifier (as if it were card
text), under all conditions, until your prey no longer has a FoS or
Assamite...although I'm not sure if it would reduce your stealth if
you were in the process of playing action modifiers and your prey
somehow lost his vampire the stealth was based on in a blink of an
eye.

LSJ

non lue,
15 juin 2001, 06:44:2215/06/2001
Jack Crow wrote:
> "Jason Bell" <Jason...@mail.com> wrote:
> >I have a question about Jackal.
> >Retainer with 1 life.
> >If your prey has a ready FoS or Assamite, the minion
> >with this retainer gets +1 stealth.
> >S: As above, but the vampire gets +2 stealth
> >
> >Follow me here, the errata say:
> >
> >"A vampire who gets a bleed bonus if your prey controls a vampire of a certain
> >clan (or other sect) gets his bleed bonus if the Methuselah he bleeds controls
> >a vampire of that clan (or sect)." [RTR 19960530]
> >
> >So, would the minion with the Jackal retainer get the stealth only
> >when blocked by a minion whose controller has a ready Assamite
> >or Follower of Set?
> >
> >I would imagine not, but I can't figure out the reasoning for one
> >but not the other.

The reasoning is that bleeds are always directed. Actions are not always
directed.

> I'm always wrong and such so please take that into account. I do not
> think the stealth granted specifically depends on the methuselah
> targeted, only the condition of your prey having a vampire of that
> clan. The stealth should be an inherent modifier (as if it were card
> text), under all conditions, until your prey no longer has a FoS or

Correct.

> Assamite...although I'm not sure if it would reduce your stealth if
> you were in the process of playing action modifiers and your prey
> somehow lost his vampire the stealth was based on in a blink of an
> eye.

You would lose it, yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Flux

non lue,
15 juin 2001, 07:44:1415/06/2001
> > Assamite...although I'm not sure if it would reduce your stealth if
> > you were in the process of playing action modifiers and your prey
> > somehow lost his vampire the stealth was based on in a blink of an
> > eye.

This sounds like a challenge. :-)

Follower of Set/Assamite blocks, during combat receives agg. damage, plays
Undead Persistence to continue combat, then acting minion plays superior
Form of Myst/Shadow Body/whatever. Action continues, prey no longer controls
a ready Follower of Set/Assamite, so Jackal no longer applies.

Do I get a cookie? ;-)

Flux

James Coupe

non lue,
15 juin 2001, 10:10:2215/06/2001
In message <3b29fba5$2...@212.18.160.197>, Flux <fl...@netc.pt> writes

>Do I get a cookie? ;-)

*tosses you a scoobie snack*

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
"You reinstall Dial-Up Networking. The Elf screams and becomes EBD690ECD7A1F

XZealot

non lue,
18 juin 2001, 11:15:5118/06/2001
"Flux" <fl...@netc.pt> wrote in message news:<3b29fba5$2...@212.18.160.197>...

What if you built a Uriah Winter/ Trojan Horse deck with Jackal to give your
minions +1 stealth after you had revalations of the sire him with Aisha and
Hesha Ruhadze? Then you could move the Jackal around with Heidleburg.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown Jr.
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

XZealot

non lue,
18 juin 2001, 11:15:5218/06/2001
"Flux" <fl...@netc.pt> wrote in message news:<3b29fba5$2...@212.18.160.197>...

What if you built a Uriah Winter/ Trojan Horse deck with Jackal to give your

0 nouveau message