[Q] Tel. Vote Counting & Scorn of Adonis

13 vues

Mathieu

non lue,
8 févr. 2001, 18:33:5808/02/2001
When an acting Toreador w/ AUS play Scorn of Adonis after a younger
vampire casts a vote against the current referendum, then plays sup.
Tel. Vote Counting to cancel the vote, what happens?

Mathieu

LSJ

non lue,
8 févr. 2001, 22:38:1308/02/2001

The referendum is canceled. No pool is lost for the untallied vote.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
9 févr. 2001, 13:38:4509/02/2001
In article <95von4$rn$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Mathieu <no.spam...@webmails.com> wrote:
> > When an acting Toreador w/ AUS play Scorn of Adonis after a younger
> > vampire casts a vote against the current referendum, then plays sup.
> > Tel. Vote Counting to cancel the vote, what happens?
>
> The referendum is canceled. No pool is lost for the untallied vote.

Scorn of Adonis says "Any Methuselah casting or controlling a
vampire casting at least 1 vote against the referendum burns 1
pool before the results are tallied." (according to the Library
Monger.)

How do you know when, before the results are tallied, the
pool is to be burned? Why not when the vote against the
referendum is cast, regardless of later modifications to
that vote against?

Josh

(also, w/superior Telepathic Vote Counting, the referendum
shouldn't be canceled, right? only the vote cast by the
Vote Counted vampire.)

LSJ

non lue,
9 févr. 2001, 14:36:0409/02/2001
Joshua Duffin <jt...@cornell.edu> wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > Mathieu <no.spam...@webmails.com> wrote:
> > > When an acting Toreador w/ AUS play Scorn of Adonis after a
> > > younger vampire casts a vote against the current referendum,
> > > then plays sup. Tel. Vote Counting to cancel the vote, what
> > > happens?
> >
> > The referendum is canceled. No pool is lost for the untallied
> > vote.
>
> Scorn of Adonis says "Any Methuselah casting or controlling a
> vampire casting at least 1 vote against the referendum burns 1
> pool before the results are tallied." (according to the Library
> Monger.)
>
> How do you know when, before the results are tallied, the
> pool is to be burned? Why not when the vote against the
> referendum is cast, regardless of later modifications to
> that vote against?

Why not "just before", regardless of when the votes were cast?

The timing is there only to indicate that the pool loss occurs
before any pool gain resulting from a successful referendum.

> (also, w/superior Telepathic Vote Counting, the referendum
> shouldn't be canceled, right? only the vote cast by the
> Vote Counted vampire.)

Right.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

cantila

non lue,
10 févr. 2001, 22:20:2610/02/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Mathieu <no.spam...@webmails.com> wrote:
> > When an acting Toreador w/ AUS play Scorn of Adonis after a younger
> > vampire casts a vote against the current referendum, then plays sup.
> > Tel. Vote Counting to cancel the vote, what happens?
>
> The referendum is canceled. No pool is lost for the untallied vote.

how can the referendum be cancelled on sup telepathic vote couting?

LSJ

non lue,
11 févr. 2001, 08:13:2811/02/2001
cantila <rogc...@student.luth.se> wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > Mathieu <no.spam...@webmails.com> wrote:
> > > When an acting Toreador w/ AUS play Scorn of Adonis after a
> > > younger vampire casts a vote against the current referendum, then
> > > plays sup. Tel. Vote Counting to cancel the vote, what happens?
> >
> > The referendum is canceled. No pool is lost for the untallied vote.
> >
> how can the referendum be cancelled on sup telepathic vote couting?

The questioner obviously meant "inferior".

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

cantila

non lue,
11 févr. 2001, 15:28:4811/02/2001
In article <96635n$u3n$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> cantila <rogc...@student.luth.se> wrote:
> > LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The referendum is canceled. No pool is lost for the untallied
vote.

> > how can the referendum be cancelled on sup telepathic vote couting?
>
> The questioner obviously meant "inferior".

really? he said used it to "cancel the vote". Sup version cancel a
vampire's vote, inferior cancel the *referendrum* so I'd say he
actually did mean superior.

LSJ

non lue,
11 févr. 2001, 16:44:3811/02/2001
cantila <rogc...@student.luth.se> wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > cantila <rogc...@student.luth.se> wrote:
> then

> vote.
> > > >
> > > how can the referendum be cancelled on sup telepathic vote
> > > couting?
> >
> > The questioner obviously meant "inferior".
>
> really? he said used it to "cancel the vote". Sup version cancel a
> vampire's vote, inferior cancel the *referendrum* so I'd say he
> actually did mean superior.

Hmm. Probably so.
If a vampire tries to vote against a referendum and has his votes
canceled (or changed to be in favor), he is not considered to be
voting against the referendum when the results are tallied,
by the explicit text of the effect, so Scorn won't care that he
tried to vote against.
Similarly, if he votes for, but has his vote changed to be against,
Scorn will notice that when the results are tallied (unless some
subsequent effect cancels or changes the vote(s) back)...

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message