Ilomba questions

Jozxyqk

Aug 10, 2009, 9:23:04 AM8/10/09
Question 1:
Midget is in combat with a vampire who has an Ilomba.
Midget strikes for ranged damage.
Does the Ilomba burn without hurting its host?

I think yes:
"Animal retainers lose their abilities while Midget is
acting or is in combat."

Question 2:
Stanislava's text says: "Retainers employed by a minion opposing
Stanislava lose their abilities until the end of combat"

Does the "employed by" refer to the minion who took the original
Employ Action?

That is, if Stanislava has an Ilomba _on her_, is the Ilomba inert
when she is in combat with the vampire who took the Ilomba action?

or: Does Stanislava's ability work the same as Midget's, when
it comes to the Ilomba's special?

LSJ

Aug 10, 2009, 9:34:51 AM8/10/09
Jozxyqk wrote:
> Question 1:
> Midget is in combat with a vampire who has an Ilomba.
> Midget strikes for ranged damage.
> Does the Ilomba burn without hurting its host?
>
> I think yes:
> "Animal retainers lose their abilities while Midget is
> acting or is in combat."

Yes, indeed, Ilomba is an animal retainer.

> Question 2:
> Stanislava's text says: "Retainers employed by a minion opposing
> Stanislava lose their abilities until the end of combat"
>
> Does the "employed by" refer to the minion who took the original
> Employ Action?

No. A retainer is employed by the minion it is on.

XZealot

Aug 10, 2009, 10:46:57 AM8/10/09
Question #3

If I have a Ilomba on one of my minioins and another of my minions
puts a War Ghoul into play, then the minion controlling the Ilomba
burns a blood and the Ilomba stays in play, Is this correct?

LSJ

Aug 10, 2009, 11:02:40 AM8/10/09

Yes, assuming you target the Ilomba with War Ghouls' "burn an ally or retainer"
effect.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/5076e1156e26e13a