Dominique vandal counter vs equipement_location (lsj ?)

Arnaud Clavel

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
how many counters does Dominque need to put on a location such as
Palatial estate so as to burn it ?
I would say 2 because the palatial estate card state that "the cost is
paid by the vampire" but an issue about ally and kindred segrgation
(legbiter and all) make me a little bit lost ...(the courrier's cost is
considered as 0, so why not the palatial ?)

Et merci bien !

Gomi no Sensei

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
In article <3A13D582...@renault.com>,

Hm. Going by text on Dominique and Kindred Seg, neither says "Cost in pool,"
just "cost," so what goes for one goes for the other. I could see a case
for either effect being based on what the vampire paid (burning 2 blood
off a !Nos to keep Courier and requiring 2 counters to burn Palatial E.),
but to keep rulings consistent, I'd say Dominique regards locquipment
as costing 0 pool (the current set of locquipment, that is, which all
cost blood instead of pool. Hypothetical locquipment which cost pool
would be treated normally by Dominique), just to be consistent with
the Kindred Seg. ruling.

LSJ, can you confirm/deny? Is there an implied "pool" before "cost" in
Kindred Segregation/Dominique?

gomi
--
i haul the burden for the high and mighty
but i'm the top hat devil's son

LSJ

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
go...@best.com (Gomi no Sensei) wrote:
> Arnaud Clavel <Arnaud...@renault.com> wrote:
> >how many counters does Dominque need to put on a location such as
> >Palatial estate so as to burn it ?
> >I would say 2 because the palatial estate card state that "the
> >cost is paid by the vampire" but an issue about ally and kindred
> >segrgation (legbiter and all) make me a little bit lost ...(the
> >courrier's cost is considered as 0, so why not the palatial ?)

2 is correct.

> Hm. Going by text on Dominique and Kindred Seg, neither says
> "Cost in pool," just "cost," so what goes for one goes for the
> other. I could see a case for either effect being based on what
> the vampire paid (burning 2 blood off a !Nos to keep Courier and
> requiring 2 counters to burn Palatial E.), but to keep rulings
> consistent, I'd say Dominique regards locquipment as costing 0
> pool (the current set of locquipment, that is, which all cost
> blood instead of pool. Hypothetical locquipment which cost pool
> would be treated normally by Dominique), just to be consistent
> with the Kindred Seg. ruling.
>
> LSJ, can you confirm/deny? Is there an implied "pool" before
> "cost" in Kindred Segregation/Dominique?

Kindred Segregation, as per the recent ruling, requires the
"Methuselah" to repay the cost. This implies that the cost in
question is pool cost only - not blood cost. Courier still
costs 2 blood, but costs zero pool. A Methuselah would have
to repay 0 pool in order to keep the Courier.

Dominique, on the other hand, says nothing about the Methuselah's
cost, just the cost. Palatial Estate would require 2 vandal counters
to burn.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/