(LSJ) Cavalier vs cost-affecting cards

floppyzedolfin

Apr 19, 2010, 5:02:21 PM4/19/10
Hi Scott,

Here's a question about cost-affecting cards.
Suppose my vampire has a Cavalier.
We'll suppose there's no block on any action.

a/ Slow Withering is in play. He plays superior Enchant Kindred. At
the end of the action, can he burn 1 blood to untap via Cavalier?
My opinion is he can.

b/ Izhim plays superior Loss. Can he burn 1 blood to untap at the end
of the action via Cavalier?
My opinion is he can't. (just for search purpouses, the answer to this
one should be the same as the answer to "I have Path of ... and a
Cavalier - can I untap?" )

c/ My vampire has Ankara Citadel. He performs a Govern the Unaligned
action, which costs 1 blood but for which he pays 0. Can he burn 1
blood to untap at the end of the action via Cavalier?
My opinion is he can. Ankara Citadel ( Drink the Blood of Ahriman and
Inscription ) don't change the cost, just the amount of blood spent to
pay it.

Thanks,
Pascal

~~

The Ankara Citadel, Turkey
Cardtype: Equipment
Clan: Tremere
Cost: 2 blood
This equipment card represents a unique location and does not count as
equipment while in play.
The vampire with this location pays only half of the blood cost for
any cards he or she plays (round down).

Izhim abd Azrael
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Assamite
Group: 5
Capacity: 9
Discipline: pot CEL OBF QUI THA
Sabbat. Black Hand. Seraph: Cards that require Quietus cost Izhim 1
less blood. Weapons cost him 1 less pool or blood. (The blood curse
does not affect Izhim.)

The Slow Withering
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until a vampire commits diablerie.
Requires at least one other Gehenna card in play. Cards that require
any superior Disciplines cost an additional blood. Any vampire who
commits diablerie is immune to this effect until the next Gehenna card
is played.

floppyzedolfin

Apr 19, 2010, 5:07:13 PM4/19/10
Eh .. Of course, I forgot to quote Cavalier's cardtext:

Cavalier
Cardtype: Master
Master: archetype.
Put this card on a vampire you control. Once per turn, when this
vampire successfully performs an action that costs 1 or more blood, he
or she may burn an additional blood to untap. ={A vampire can have
only one archetype.}=

floppyzedolfin

Apr 19, 2010, 5:10:47 PM4/19/10

LSJ

Apr 19, 2010, 9:45:14 PM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 5:02 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Scott,

Howdy, Pascal.

> Here's a question about cost-affecting cards.
> Suppose my vampire has a Cavalier.
> We'll suppose there's no block on any action.
>
> a/ Slow Withering is in play. He plays superior Enchant Kindred. At
> the end of the action, can he burn 1 blood to untap via Cavalier?
> My opinion is he can.

Yes.

> b/ Izhim plays superior Loss. Can he burn 1 blood to untap at the end
> of the action via Cavalier?
> My opinion is he can't. (just for search purpouses, the answer to this
> one should be the same as the answer to "I have Path of ... and a
> Cavalier - can I untap?" )

Correct.

> c/ My vampire has Ankara Citadel. He performs a Govern the Unaligned
> action, which costs 1 blood but for which he pays 0. Can he burn 1
> blood to untap at the end of the action via Cavalier?
> My opinion is he can. Ankara Citadel ( Drink the Blood of Ahriman and
> Inscription ) don't change the cost, just the amount of blood spent to
> pay it.

Correct.

LSJ

Apr 29, 2010, 3:02:17 PM4/29/10
to vtes-...@yahoogroups.com
On Apr 19, 9:45 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 5:02 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > c/ My vampire has Ankara Citadel. He performs a Govern the Unaligned
> > action, which costs 1 blood but for which he pays 0. Can he burn 1
> > blood to untap at the end of the action via Cavalier?
> > My opinion is he can. Ankara Citadel ( Drink the Blood of Ahriman and
> > Inscription ) don't change the cost, just the amount of blood spent to
> > pay it.
>
> Correct.

REVERSAL: Ankara Citadel changes the cost.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/5f9c5c1fac38c17e
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/f1d08997ed515634

Likewise Drink the Blood of Ahriman.

?
Inscription doesn't change the cost of anything, though.