Anarch Revolt/Untap Phase Effects

Kushiel

Jan 6, 2008, 1:35:58 AM1/6/08
Does a player choose when to check if he has at least one anarch
vampire to avoid taking damage from Anarch Revolt during his untap
phase, or must he control at least one anarch vampire during the
entirety of his untap phase to avoid losing pool?

John Eno

LSJ

Jan 6, 2008, 7:16:23 AM1/6/08

Xe has to control at least one ready anarch at the end of xer untap phase to
avoid losing pool.

The effect cannot be applied if the player has any ready anarchs. And the player
cannot leave xer untap phase without handling the effect if xe has no ready
anarchs. The combination of those two points leads to my first sentence above.

Daneel

Jan 6, 2008, 12:27:03 PM1/6/08
On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 07:16:23 -0500, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> Xe

C'mon...

--
Regards,

Daneel

Kushiel

Jan 6, 2008, 1:46:07 PM1/6/08
On Jan 6, 7:16 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> The effect cannot be applied if the player has any ready anarchs. And the player
> cannot leave xer untap phase without handling the effect if xe has no ready
> anarchs. The combination of those two points leads to my first sentence above.

Gotcha. Thanks.

John Eno

Janne Hägglund

Jan 6, 2008, 3:40:50 PM1/6/08
Daneel <dan...@eposta.hu> writes:

> On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 07:16:23 -0500, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>
> > Xe
>
> C'mon...

Easy for *us* to say, our languages don't have gendered pronouns to make an
official rulemonger's life miserable.

Hey, that's a thought! Maybe LSJ should start issuing his rulings in
Hungarian or Finnish. That way he could avoid any awkward and contrived
constructions when talking about persons of indeterminate gender.

HG ;-)

--
hg@ "If you can't offend part of your audience,
iki.fi there is no point in being an artist at all." -Hakim Bey

cro...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2008, 9:44:32 PM1/6/08
On Jan 6, 7:16 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> The effect cannot be applied if the player has any ready anarchs. And the player
> cannot leave xer untap phase without handling the effect if xe has no ready
> anarchs. The combination of those two points leads to my first sentence above.

"xer"?

Shouldn't that be hx?

CJay

LSJ

Jan 7, 2008, 6:30:46 AM1/7/08

It "should" be xeir. And xe "should" be "xey". (Just replacing the abomination's
"th" with "x"). But "xey" and "xeir" don't work as smoothly as "xe" and "xer".
(And "xis" doesn't work as well as "xer", IMO).

XZealot

Jan 7, 2008, 10:12:59 AM1/7/08
On Jan 7, 5:30 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

My head just exploded.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

Daneel

Jan 7, 2008, 1:48:30 PM1/7/08

I think that using these x-words is about as smooth as saying "he, she,
it, or any other gender" every time... Only less stylish. ;)

--
Regards,

Daneel

Frederick Scott

Jan 7, 2008, 4:09:52 PM1/7/08
"XZealot" <xze...@cox.net> wrote in message

Yup. I just felt around my neck with hands. I'm pretty sure mine did, too.

librarian

Jan 8, 2008, 12:56:59 AM1/8/08

I guess we should all be careful never to call you Thcott, or Mr.
Johnthon...

best -

chris

--
Super Fun Cards
http://stores.ebay.com/superfuncards/

Frederick Scott

Jan 8, 2008, 2:41:04 AM1/8/08

"librarian" <auct...@superfuncards.com> wrote in message news:MgEgj.35665$yV5....@newsfe15.phx...

> LSJ wrote:
>> It "should" be xeir. And xe "should" be "xey". (Just replacing the abomination's "th" with "x"). But "xey" and "xeir" don't work
>> as smoothly as "xe" and "xer". (And "xis" doesn't work as well as "xer", IMO).
>
> I guess we should all be careful never to call you Thcott, or Mr. Johnthon...

You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Ray Jay...