Question: clan impersonation and that Assamite guy

0 vue

dancingmummy

non lue,
4 oct. 2001, 15:17:3104/10/2001
Here's one:

let's say that FN Assamite who can take an action to become another
clan plays Clan Impersonation (for some reason) to become a Ventrue.
Then he uses his inherent ability to become a Malkavian. Then he
burns the Clan Impersonation. What clan is he? My guess would be
Malkavian and that burning the CI from that point on would have no
effect on his clan, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't some sort
of rules weirdness going on with this situation.

-dancingmummy

LSJ

non lue,
4 oct. 2001, 15:30:5404/10/2001

* Qadir: Assamite.

Takes CI action to become Ventrue:

* Qadir: (Assamite) CI:Ventrue

He's Ventrue.

Inherent ability to become Malkavian:

* Qadir: (Malkavian) CI:Ventrue

He's still ventrue (by the card in play)

Burns the Clan Impersonation:

* Qadir: Malkavian

He's a Malkavian.

The card in play has precedence. Similarly, vampire with a Writ who
changes clans to a Sabbat Clan changes his underlying sect, but he is
still considered a Camarilla vampire by the Writ in play (until he
loses it, at which time he's Sabbat per his clan change).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Orpheus

non lue,
4 oct. 2001, 20:28:1204/10/2001
I don't know about your question, but this guy (Quadir Al-Ghani ?) is the
key for whole new strategies ! With him and a few Clan Impersonations, you
can play the best cards (weapons, hunting grounds...) of 1 or 2 other clans
! And also add a few "Clan loyalty", a previously "quite useless" card
IMHO...

--
Orpheus

http://cypheranima.free.fr
audio...@yahoogroups.com

"dancingmummy" <mummydi...@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news:
704f42d0.01100...@posting.google.com...

Gene Wirchenko

non lue,
5 oct. 2001, 00:59:4805/10/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

>dancingmummy wrote:
>>
>> Here's one:
>>
>> let's say that FN Assamite who can take an action to become another
>> clan plays Clan Impersonation (for some reason) to become a Ventrue.
>> Then he uses his inherent ability to become a Malkavian. Then he
>> burns the Clan Impersonation. What clan is he? My guess would be
>> Malkavian and that burning the CI from that point on would have no
>> effect on his clan, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't some sort
>> of rules weirdness going on with this situation.
>
>* Qadir: Assamite.
>
>Takes CI action to become Ventrue:
>
>* Qadir: (Assamite) CI:Ventrue
>
>He's Ventrue.
>
>Inherent ability to become Malkavian:
>
>* Qadir: (Malkavian) CI:Ventrue
>
>He's still ventrue (by the card in play)

Why isn't he Malkavian by the card (Qadir) in play? If he has an
inherent ability to become Malkavian, why doesn't it work in this
case?

>Burns the Clan Impersonation:
>
>* Qadir: Malkavian
>
>He's a Malkavian.
>

>The card in play has precedence. Similarly, vampire with a Writ who

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The vampire is a card in play, too.

>changes clans to a Sabbat Clan changes his underlying sect, but he is
>still considered a Camarilla vampire by the Writ in play (until he
>loses it, at which time he's Sabbat per his clan change).

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
I have preferences.
You have biases.
He/She has prejudices.

LSJ

non lue,
5 oct. 2001, 06:56:1605/10/2001
Gene Wirchenko wrote:

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>
> >dancingmummy wrote:
> >>
> >> Here's one:
> >>
> >> let's say that FN Assamite who can take an action to become another
> >> clan plays Clan Impersonation (for some reason) to become a Ventrue.
> >> Then he uses his inherent ability to become a Malkavian. Then he
> >> burns the Clan Impersonation. What clan is he? My guess would be
> >> Malkavian and that burning the CI from that point on would have no
> >> effect on his clan, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't some sort
> >> of rules weirdness going on with this situation.
> >
> >* Qadir: Assamite.
> >
> >Takes CI action to become Ventrue:
> >
> >* Qadir: (Assamite) CI:Ventrue
> >
> >He's Ventrue.
> >
> >Inherent ability to become Malkavian:
> >
> >* Qadir: (Malkavian) CI:Ventrue
> >
> >He's still ventrue (by the card in play)
>
> Why isn't he Malkavian by the card (Qadir) in play? If he has an
> inherent ability to become Malkavian, why doesn't it work in this
> case?

The Qadir card in play doesn't make him a different clan.
Even if it did, most-recently-played card has precedence.

> >Burns the Clan Impersonation:
> >
> >* Qadir: Malkavian
> >
> >He's a Malkavian.
> >

> >The card in play has precedence. Similarly, vampire with a Writ who
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> The vampire is a card in play, too.

But it doesn't change his clan.

> >changes clans to a Sabbat Clan changes his underlying sect, but he is
> >still considered a Camarilla vampire by the Writ in play (until he
> >loses it, at which time he's Sabbat per his clan change).

Noal McDonald

non lue,
5 oct. 2001, 10:07:4705/10/2001
"Orpheus" <orph...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> ! And also add a few "Clan loyalty", a previously "quite useless" card
> IMHO...

I refer you to my !Malk Derange/Clan Loyalty "Loyalty of Lunatics"
deck. I assure you that it is not a "quite useless" card.

Regards,
Noal McDonald
VEKN Prince of Metro Detroit

Orpheus

non lue,
5 oct. 2001, 11:48:3005/10/2001
Sorry, there are some cards I don't knwo well, and dementations are among
them. So, there was a use already, but how about that Clan Impersonation
combo ?

--
Orpheus

"Noal McDonald" <dhar...@my-deja.com> a écrit dans le message news: