[LSJ] Thin-Blooded Caitiff

Emmit Svenson

Nov 20, 2005, 10:56:44 AM11/20/05
LSJ,

Your ruling from Jan '02 says, "The vampire produced by a Caitiff
performing the Embrace (or Third Tradition or what have you) is a
Caitiff." What about Thin-Blooded Seers produced by Caitiff? Are they
Caitiff, or merely clanless?

sath...@o2.pl

Nov 20, 2005, 2:54:59 PM11/20/05
AFAIK Caitiff means clanless both in RPG and in VTES. So created
vampire would be Caitiff or claneless vampire of the Camarilla.

Sathriel

LSJ

Nov 20, 2005, 4:45:38 PM11/20/05

Merely clanless. TBS doesn't attempt to inherit its sire's clan, so
it wouldn't inherit its sire's Caitiffness, either.

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.

James Coupe

Nov 20, 2005, 7:00:56 PM11/20/05
In message <1132516499.4...@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

sath...@o2.pl writes:
>AFAIK Caitiff means clanless both in RPG and in VTES. So created
>vampire would be Caitiff or claneless vampire of the Camarilla.

Caitiff and clanless are not the same thing in V:TES. All Caitiff are
clanless, but not all clanless vampires are Caitiff.

See, for example, Call the Great Beast. The vampire created by that
cannot be burned by Tradition Upheld, as it is clanless but not Caitiff.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

sath...@o2.pl

Nov 21, 2005, 7:07:25 AM11/21/05
So is Caitiff considered a clan or just a different case of being
clanless?

Sathriel

LSJ

Nov 21, 2005, 8:17:31 AM11/21/05
sath...@o2.pl wrote:
> So is Caitiff considered a clan or just a different case of being
> clanless?

Caitiff is a trait. Only clanless vampires have that trait, but not all
clanless vampires have that trait.

Like "Anarch" is a trait that some independent vampires can have.

Chris Berger

Nov 21, 2005, 8:48:30 AM11/21/05

What's confusing is that Caitiff is a trait that is not represented by
trait-text. It is represented by a clan symbol and a background.
Since clan symbol normally indicates clan, it can be confusing that
Caitiff is not a clan. In hindsight, it probably would have been
better to just make Caitiff a clan, or else to consider *all* clanless
vampires to be Caitiff. Neither is the case. Hope I didn't confuse
things further... ;)

Fred Scott

Nov 21, 2005, 10:37:24 AM11/21/05
"Emmit Svenson" <emmits...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Trying to see if we can get Al-Muntaquim to eat the *diet* Caitiff
plate, are we?

Emmit Svenson

Nov 23, 2005, 2:40:31 PM11/23/05

Fred Scott wrote:
> "Emmit Svenson" <emmits...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Your ruling from Jan '02 says, "The vampire produced by a Caitiff
> > performing the Embrace (or Third Tradition or what have you) is a
> > Caitiff." What about Thin-Blooded Seers produced by Caitiff? Are they
> > Caitiff, or merely clanless?
>
> Trying to see if we can get Al-Muntaquim to eat the *diet* Caitiff
> plate, are we?

Yep. But I guess Al + Muhktar is still the best option.