Counter-productive RANT... Please ignore.

Bryan Nelson

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
I found using the voice of Denis Leary while reading your letter made for a
very interesting read.

"R. David Zopf" wrote:

> The following comments fall entirely on an emotional level, and contribute
> nothing to the furthered interests of VTES, VTM, White Wolf, or anything
> else other than soothing my frayed nerves. Most of this is repressed
> frustration at non-gaming events, anyway.
>
> Read on at your own peril, or entertainment, as you see fit. I'll disavow
> ever being lucid whilst writing this...
>
> Right. All RPG fan-boys can line up for their beat-down, now. Line forms
> to the left
>
> I am sick and tired of hearing such high pitched whining about how V:tES
> doesn't follow straight laced and lock-stepped with the foolish frackin'
> tabletop RPG. What CCG player gives a rat's a$$ about whether Lucita has
> Obtenebration 6 or Auspex 9? They don't. What does it matter to the card
> game?
> It doesn't. VTES has and should take freely from the WoD setting (a
> wonderful genre for all sorts of products), cast aside what it doesn't want,
> and hock up a juicy hairball with whatever is tried that doesn't work. Your
> cutsey little RPG is nothing more than a TOOL for the betterment of _this_
> card game, and I'd like to encourage WW to use it like the tool it is. I
> hope they make a boat-load of money off of it and any other product they can
> come up with, all at the expense of the coveted accuracy you fan-boys crave
> so much from products that have little or nothing to do with one another.
> You want accuracy? Lemme tell you what _I_ want... I want a 2 cap Baali in
> a future expansion named Shaitan. I want an army of fifty-plus Salubri
> vampires to go along with him. I want the whole damn Book Of Nod (no
> fragments for me...) I want mute Dughters of Cacophony. Finally, I want a
> card titled "V:tM Fan-Boy Loses" Text: "Master: Reduce a known whiny RPG
> player to zero pool. Meth playing this card may poke fun at said player for
> the duration of the game." Enough is enough.
>
> This, from a four-year V:tM 2ed player...
> --
> Regards,
> R. David Zopf
> Atom Weaver
> V:EKN Prince of Charlotte, NC

R. David Zopf

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00

Tim Eijpe

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
THANK YOU!

Could not ignore..

Tim Eijpe

In article <8mmd91$n4$2...@slb3.atl.mindspring.net>,

--
PROPHECY OF GEHENNA:
On The First Day Of Gehenna

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Noal McDonald

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
"R. David Zopf" <guenh...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> I am sick and tired of hearing such high pitched whining about
> how V:tES doesn't follow straight laced and lock-stepped with
> the foolish frackin' tabletop RPG.

AMEN!!! HALLELUJIA!!!!

Preach it loud, brother!!!

Next time this infernal notion comes up again, I suggest a game of
Whack-A-Mole with threats, browbeating and personal insults. Maybe then
people will shut the hell up about Lucita being a goddamned antitribu.

*shuffles off for more coffee*

Noal
--
"I was probably pretty young, when I realised that I had come from
what you might call a family, a clan, a race, maybe even a species,

inr...@my-deja.com

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
thanks for sticking up for the CCG. as for Dennis, i think it's better
from that comic who did the PenzOil commercials (I can't remember his
name, but you know who i mean 'and unlike that uncle no one talks about
this actually works...')

to conclude: "V:tM IS fun, why don't you go play it?" [and leave us
alone]

Cameron

Myrmidian

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
inr...@my-deja.com wrote:
> thanks for sticking up for the CCG. as for Dennis, i think it's
> better from that comic who did the PenzOil commercials (I can't
> remember his name, but you know who i mean 'and unlike that uncle no
> one talks about this actually works...')

Can't read sarcasm on the net, so just in case: that *is* Leary.

> to conclude: "V:tM IS fun, why don't you go play it?" [and leave us
> alone]

Ouch ouch ouch. There *are* those of us that like both *and* play both
*and* don't harp on the two not always matching up.

Besides, I think Jyhad will take whoever it can get to boost
popularity. "Beggars... "

p.

inr...@my-deja.com

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00

> Can't read sarcasm on the net, so just in case: that *is* Leary.

<HANGS HEAD IN SHAME> doh! i said i didn't know his name though.

> > to conclude: "V:tM IS fun, why don't you go play it?" [and leave us
> > alone]
>
> Ouch ouch ouch. There *are* those of us that like both *and* play
both
> *and* don't harp on the two not always matching up.

i'm in that category. Just annoys me that people don't get that they
are both fun and different games. last was just a kind of "if you think
it's stupid, (and wont let us explain) stop the maddness." probably to
harsh, especially without explination, but i've had no coffee today.

Cameron

R. David Zopf

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00

Myrmidian wrote in message <8mn7ib$l8a$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...
snip

>Ouch ouch ouch. There *are* those of us that like both *and* play both
>*and* don't harp on the two not always matching up.

For that to happen, V:tM would have to match up with itself first, then,
wouldn't it...?

>Besides, I think Jyhad will take whoever it can get to boost
>popularity. "Beggars... "

<Thump> If they want it to follow V:tM _that_ badly, then it is a detriment
to the game's popularity, not a boost...

That being said, this side thread is getting way too productive to be a
counter-procductive RANT ;-)

R. David Zopf
MotSotU