LSJ: 2 Q's

13 vues

GymNat1

non lue,
10 juin 2001, 12:15:2210/06/2001
can you put a secure haven master card on a vampire in torpor?

let's say a vamp has taken 4 points of damage in the first round and then plays
a Kraken's Kiss in the second. Does he immediately go to torpor for having
taken more than 3 points of damage in the combat as per KK card text?

thanks....Nat

James Coupe

non lue,
10 juin 2001, 12:25:0810/06/2001
In message <20010610121522...@ng-cg1.aol.com>, GymNat1
<gym...@aol.com> writes

>can you put a secure haven master card on a vampire in torpor?

Yes. It only burns when they enter torpor, and there is no requirement
to play it on a ready vampire.

>let's say a vamp has taken 4 points of damage in the first round and then plays
>a Kraken's Kiss in the second. Does he immediately go to torpor for having
>taken more than 3 points of damage in the combat as per KK card text?

By card text, I can see no other interpretation.

There might be an argument that that was part of the resolution of the
strike. (Like burning blood for Majesty etc.)

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
"You reinstall Dial-Up Networking. The Elf screams and becomes EBD690ECD7A1F

LSJ

non lue,
10 juin 2001, 14:07:2710/06/2001
James Coupe wrote:

> In message <20010610121522...@ng-cg1.aol.com>, GymNat1
> <gym...@aol.com> writes
> >can you put a secure haven master card on a vampire in torpor?
>
> Yes. It only burns when they enter torpor, and there is no requirement
> to play it on a ready vampire.

Correct.

> >let's say a vamp has taken 4 points of damage in the first round and then plays
> >a Kraken's Kiss in the second. Does he immediately go to torpor for having
> >taken more than 3 points of damage in the combat as per KK card text?
>
> By card text, I can see no other interpretation.

Like Faceless Nights, the key is in the verb tense - past damage (and past
blockers)
aren't counted. The vampire who plays Kraken's Kiss need only concern
himself with
damage done at the same resolution step and later in the combat.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message