LSJ: Unpreventable Damage + Target Vitals

YY

Sep 8, 2010, 5:40:58 AM9/8/10
I vaguely remember seeing this answered before, but my google-fu is
not good enough to find the answer.

If I play Target Vitals as I announce a strike that does unpreventable
damage, is the damage from Target Vitals unpreventable as well?

Target Vitals [LotN:U, HttB:PSal3]
Cardtype: Combat
Aim. Play when choosing a strike.
If any damage from this strike is successfully inflicted on the
opposing minion, he or she takes an additional 2 damage from this
strike, and he or she cannot press this round. The opposing minion may
discard two combat cards [COMBAT] to cancel this card. A minion may
play only one aim each strike.
Artist: Imaginary Friends Studios

floppyzedolfin

Sep 8, 2010, 7:13:36 AM9/8/10
On Sep 8, 11:40 am, YY <the1andonl...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
> I vaguely remember seeing this answered before, but my google-fu is
> not good enough to find the answer.
>
> If I play Target Vitals as I announce a strike that does unpreventable
> damage, is the damage from Target Vitals unpreventable as well?

Yes.
Additional damage inherits the properties of the original damage.
See also http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=rulings

[found when searching "Target vitals unpreventable" in google groups]

LSJ

Sep 8, 2010, 9:28:21 AM9/8/10
On Sep 8, 7:13 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 8, 11:40 am, YY <the1andonl...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
>
> > I vaguely remember seeing this answered before, but my google-fu is
> > not good enough to find the answer.
>
> > If I play Target Vitals as I announce a strike that does unpreventable
> > damage, is the damage from Target Vitals unpreventable as well?
>
> Yes.
> Additional damage inherits the properties of the original damage.
> See alsohttp://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=rulings

> [found when searching "Target vitals unpreventable" in google groups]

Correct.