Carlton vs Lay Low

brandons...@yahoo.com

May 5, 2009, 1:40:21 AM5/5/09
Say your anarch commits diablarie and would be burned by a blood hunt,
but you play Lay Low to get him out of trouble and then decline to
influence him out again that turn. Can my Carlton burn him in my
discard phase, even though he is in the uncontrolled region? What if
the anarch was influenced out again the same turn he went to the
uncontrolled due to Lay Low? I looked under Carlton sixth tradition,
sixth tradition banishment, Carlton banishment, etc. My guess is that
he is not burnable by Carlton while uncontrolled('out of play'), but
would be if he returns to play the same turn.

Thanks!

Brandon

Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
Type: Ally
Cost: 2 pool
Unique mortal with 2 life. 0 strength, 0 bleed.
Carlton can strike for 1R damage, and he may dodge as a strike once
each combat. Carlton has +1 intercept when blocking vampires. During
your discard phase, you may burn Carlton to burn a vampire who has
committed diablerie since your last turn.

Lay Low
Type: Action Modifier/Combat
Requires: anarch
Cost: 1 blood
Requires an anarch.
Only usable when a blood hunt referendum passes and would burn this
anarch. Move this anarch to the uncontrolled region (breaking any
temporary control effects). Any cards and counters on this vampire
remain with him or her (but are out of play as long as the vampire
remains uncontrolled).

LSJ

May 5, 2009, 5:20:44 AM5/5/09
brandons...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Say your anarch commits diablarie and would be burned by a blood hunt,
> but you play Lay Low to get him out of trouble and then decline to
> influence him out again that turn. Can my Carlton burn him in my
> discard phase, even though he is in the uncontrolled region?

No, he's not in play. Similarly, he wouldn't contest another copy of himself
while he's in the uncontrolled region.

> What if
> the anarch was influenced out again the same turn he went to the
> uncontrolled due to Lay Low? I looked under Carlton sixth tradition,
> sixth tradition banishment, Carlton banishment, etc. My guess is that
> he is not burnable by Carlton while uncontrolled('out of play'), but
> would be if he returns to play the same turn.

Correct. He'd be burnable if he were in play during Carlton's controller's next
discard phase.