From IRC: Contitioning + Foreshadowing Destruction combo

Damnans

Jan 8, 2008, 12:33:30 PM1/8/08
[18:26] <Jozxyqk> so .. Conditioning + SUP Foreshadowing does work, if
the current target of the bleed has more than 9 pool?
[18:26] <devilwithcape> josh- yes
[18:26] <Jozxyqk> wow
[18:26] <LSJ> sup FS isn't a modifier that increases the bleed when the
target has 10 pool.
[18:27] <Jozxyqk> for example it's legal for me to play it when my prey
has 30 pool, and he bounces to his prey who has 6
[18:28] <LSJ> Yes.

--
Damnans

http://www.almadrava.net/damnans
http://www.vtes.net

reyda

Jan 8, 2008, 1:10:19 PM1/8/08
Damnans a écrit :

> [18:26] <Jozxyqk> so .. Conditioning + SUP Foreshadowing does work, if
> the current target of the bleed has more than 9 pool?
> [18:26] <devilwithcape> josh- yes
> [18:26] <Jozxyqk> wow
> [18:26] <LSJ> sup FS isn't a modifier that increases the bleed when the
> target has 10 pool.
> [18:27] <Jozxyqk> for example it's legal for me to play it when my prey
> has 30 pool, and he bounces to his prey who has 6
> [18:28] <LSJ> Yes.

Sounds so counterintuitive :/

LSJ

Jan 8, 2008, 1:15:32 PM1/8/08

That you can play a non-bleed-increasing modifier after Conditioning?

Hmm. I'd have thought that it was intuitive that you could play, say, Lost in
Crowds after Conditioning.

Peter D Bakija

Jan 8, 2008, 2:31:11 PM1/8/08
On Jan 8, 1:10 pm, reyda <true_re...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds so counterintuitive :/

(I figure that the important part here is that Forshadowing at
superior, when played as you bleed someone who has 10+ pool, doesn't
increase the bleed. It is basically playing a card to cycle it for
nothing, I'd assume. Which might have a dire consequence if you get
bounced.)

-Peter

Jozxyqk

Jan 8, 2008, 2:56:20 PM1/8/08
Peter D Bakija <pd...@lightlink.com> wrote:
> (I figure that the important part here is that Forshadowing at
> superior, when played as you bleed someone who has 10+ pool, doesn't
> increase the bleed. It is basically playing a card to cycle it for
> nothing, I'd assume. Which might have a dire consequence if you get
> bounced.)

Or if they burn pool before the resolution of the action that brings
them below 10.
Playing DI or canceling True Love's Face, for example.

a-e

Jan 8, 2008, 3:06:45 PM1/8/08
On 8 tammi, 21:56, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:

Christopher Houghton has Aching Beauty, he bleeds with Legal
Manipulation, modifies bleed with SUP Aire + SUP Foreshadowing and
target of bleed is in 10 pool. He gets blocked, target is now in 9
pool due AB, plays SUP Form of Mist to continue action. He is now
bleeding for 9... right?

The Name Forgotten

Jan 8, 2008, 6:07:12 PM1/8/08

To be honest, if I was confronted with this situation in a tournament
situation I would've ruled very differently. I would've said you can't
play the Foreshadowing Destruction because it is an action modifier
that further increases the bleed, even if that increase is only
conditional. While, in effect, it might not actually increase the
bleed amount, when it is played its effect is to attempt to increase
the bleed amount, even if it fails in that attempt.