Various questions.

4 vues

GP41

non lue,
10 janv. 2003, 01:12:5910/01/2003
Hi everybody,

I gather a couple of question ask in my playgroup.

1) Is it possible to Taste of Vitae the damage from Riposte?

2) Is a "hunt" from a Legacy of Caine considered as a regular hunt for
the purpose of the +1 stealth, Masquerade Endangered, Hungry Coyote,
Inbase Discotek, etc... ?

3) Does the blood burned due to Seeds of Corruption during an action
affect the cost of the action? Meaning that if not enough blood, the
action fails. I would guess not, but I asked just in case that...

4) Back to Taste of Vitae, let say that I play Weather Control during
combat, and the opposing vamp plays combat end, can my vamp Taste the
damage lost due to WC?

Thanks

GP41

LSJ

non lue,
10 janv. 2003, 07:42:4210/01/2003
GP41 wrote:
> 1) Is it possible to Taste of Vitae the damage from Riposte?

No. The damage from Riposte is done after combat.

> 2) Is a "hunt" from a Legacy of Caine considered as a regular hunt for
> the purpose of the +1 stealth, Masquerade Endangered, Hungry Coyote,
> Inbase Discotek, etc... ?

For purposes of things which increase or decrease the amount of blood gained?
No.

For all other purposes?
Yes.

> 3) Does the blood burned due to Seeds of Corruption during an action
> affect the cost of the action? Meaning that if not enough blood, the
> action fails. I would guess not, but I asked just in case that...

No.

> 4) Back to Taste of Vitae, let say that I play Weather Control during
> combat, and the opposing vamp plays combat end, can my vamp Taste the
> damage lost due to WC?

Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
10 janv. 2003, 08:55:2810/01/2003

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:3E1EBFC2...@white-wolf.com...
> GP41 wrote:

> > 2) Is a "hunt" from a Legacy of Caine considered as a regular hunt for
> > the purpose of the +1 stealth, Masquerade Endangered, Hungry Coyote,
> > Inbase Discotek, etc... ?
>
> For purposes of things which increase or decrease the amount of blood gained?
> No.
>
> For all other purposes?
> Yes.

I had thought that Legacy of Caine-hunting didn't inherit the usual
+1 stealth on regular-hunt actions. Was I wrong?

Josh

not that anyone *plays* legacy of caine... at least not that i see...

LSJ

non lue,
10 janv. 2003, 09:04:1110/01/2003
Joshua Duffin wrote:
> I had thought that Legacy of Caine-hunting didn't inherit the usual
> +1 stealth on regular-hunt actions. Was I wrong?

The default hunt action is an undirected +1 stealth action that moves
a blood from the blood bank to the acting vampire. [6.1.2]

Card-described actions have a default of 0 stealth. [6.1.6]

"instead of performing the usual hunting action" (card text).

Halcyan 2

non lue,
10 janv. 2003, 05:56:5610/01/2003
>1) Is it possible to Taste of Vitae the damage from Riposte?

No. The Riposte damage is done after combat. And you cannot play Taste of Vitae
outside combat.

>2) Is a "hunt" from a Legacy of Caine considered as a regular hunt for
>the purpose of the +1 stealth, Masquerade Endangered, Hungry Coyote,
>Inbase Discotek, etc... ?

Well, the LoC "hunt" is a "steal 1 blood from another vampire as a (D) action
instead of performing the usual hunting action." It is a (D) action that is not
naturally at any stealth. It is unaffected by things such as Hungry Coyote,
Inbase Discotek since:

The amount gained (stolen) by the Legacy of Cain hunt action is not affected by
effects that affect the amount gained by hunting (e.g., Aaron's Feeding Razor).
[RTR 19970630]

Note that if Hesha somehow gains a Legacy of Caine, similarly his special will
not increase the amount gained by this hunting, though his special will still
grant the +1 stealth on the action.

See:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=legacy+of+caine+hesha+group:rec.games.tr
ading-cards.jyhad&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=80bafd85.0208041729.753d96d2%40p
osting.google.com&rnum=1

Additional note: Also remember that unlike normal hunts, you can only hunt this
way once a turn since it is an ability granted by a card in play.

Overall, the action is still a hunt action so it should still be affected by
cards such as Mistaken Identity.

Masquerade Endangered can be used but it's a bit hazy. In previous discussions
with LSJ (concerning Kyoko and Masquerade Endangered), LSJ emphasized that ME
"restricts the gaining of blood." So of course ME can be used and I'm pretty
sure that end effect is that the vampire whose blood stolen loses their blood
but your vampire just doesn't gain it.

If it makes you feel better, last time I heard LSJ had put "the hunting mods on
the list for RT review, though, since it's
a pretty odd ruling that, as you note below, causes some problems."

The link I provided earlier, for subject "Re: More Spoiler Texts! (was Re: New
Scrye)" does give a pretty good discussion on these abnormal hunt actions if
you're so inclined.

>3) Does the blood burned due to Seeds of Corruption during an action
>affect the cost of the action? Meaning that if not enough blood, the
>action fails. I would guess not, but I asked just in case that...

No, it doesn't affect the cost of the action. You burn the blood when
attempting the action. And like all burn effects, if you don't have enough
blood to burn, then nothing happens. So an empty vampire attempts to burn 1/2/3
blood when attempting a hunt action (and since he's empty, ignores it) and then
continues with the hunt. A full 10-cap attempting a Dominate Kine burns 1/2/3
blood when attempting the action, and then pays the 2 blood for the cost if the
action is successful, etc. If the burning of the blood causes the vampire to
not have enough blood to pay the cost of the action, of course the action will
fail.

>4) Back to Taste of Vitae, let say that I play Weather Control during
>combat, and the opposing vamp plays combat end, can my vamp Taste the
>damage lost due to WC?

Assuming the opposing vampire lost blood to it (didn't ignore it with Ex Nihilo
or Bloodform) then yes. That blood is still blood lost to damage and you play
the Taste of Vitae at the end of the round.

Halcyan 2

Kulaid

non lue,
15 janv. 2003, 01:18:2615/01/2003
> >2) Is a "hunt" from a Legacy of Caine considered as a regular hunt for
> >the purpose of the +1 stealth, Masquerade Endangered, Hungry Coyote,
> >Inbase Discotek, etc... ?
>
> Well, the LoC "hunt" is a "steal 1 blood from another vampire as a (D) action
> instead of performing the usual hunting action." It is a (D) action that is not
> naturally at any stealth. It is unaffected by things such as Hungry Coyote,
> Inbase Discotek since:
>
> The amount gained (stolen) by the Legacy of Cain hunt action is not affected by
> effects that affect the amount gained by hunting (e.g., Aaron's Feeding Razor).
> [RTR 19970630]

If you Foul blood a legacy of caine hunt action... Would he still get
the blood then take 1 point of damage? Since foul blood states gains
1 less blood from the blood bank...

If there is no other vampires for the (d) action, an empty vampire is
stuck and can't take any actions at all... correct? And does it have
to be a ready vampire? if a vampire is in torpor, you can steal his
blood.. correct?

LSJ

non lue,
15 janv. 2003, 06:17:4715/01/2003
Kulaid wrote:

> > >2) Is a "hunt" from a Legacy of Caine considered as a regular hunt for
> > >the purpose of the +1 stealth, Masquerade Endangered, Hungry Coyote,
> > >Inbase Discotek, etc... ?
> >
> > Well, the LoC "hunt" is a "steal 1 blood from another vampire as a (D) action
> > instead of performing the usual hunting action." It is a (D) action that is not
> > naturally at any stealth. It is unaffected by things such as Hungry Coyote,
> > Inbase Discotek since:
> >
> > The amount gained (stolen) by the Legacy of Cain hunt action is not affected by
> > effects that affect the amount gained by hunting (e.g., Aaron's Feeding Razor).
> > [RTR 19970630]
> >

> If you Foul blood a legacy of caine hunt action... Would he still get
> the blood then take 1 point of damage? Since foul blood states gains
> 1 less blood from the blood bank...

Yes.

> If there is no other vampires for the (d) action, an empty vampire is
> stuck and can't take any actions at all... correct? And does it have
> to be a ready vampire? if a vampire is in torpor, you can steal his
> blood.. correct?

Correct.

0 nouveau message