[LSJ] Superior Form of Mist + Disarm

Vragozakas

Oct 30, 2006, 12:14:09 PM10/30/06
1)Enkidu strikes for 3, Anneke strikes for 1, Enkidu gains 1 additional
strike and plays Form of Mist superior, than plays Disarm.

Is it legal?

2)As above, but Enkidu plays inferior Form of Mist + Disarm.

Is it legal?

Thanks for the answers.

Jozxyqk

Oct 30, 2006, 12:28:52 PM10/30/06
IANLSJ, but I know this one:

Vragozakas <vrago...@yahoo.it> wrote:
> 1)Enkidu strikes for 3, Anneke strikes for 1, Enkidu gains 1 additional
> strike and plays Form of Mist superior, than plays Disarm.

> Is it legal?

Yes. Disarm is played at the end of the round. If Combat Ends, then the
round ends, by definition.

> 2)As above, but Enkidu plays inferior Form of Mist + Disarm.

> Is it legal?

Also yes. He has already fulfilled the requirement for Disarm
(do more damage at close range than Anneke). If he dodges as an additional
strike, that is irrelevant.

LSJ

Oct 30, 2006, 2:57:43 PM10/30/06

Correct.

kula...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2006, 8:42:39 PM10/30/06
But if you Amaranth after the disarm, the form of mist continue action
gets cancelled. Or at least I was told that. Something about the
blood hunt interrupts the action.

But could you decap?

XZealot

Oct 30, 2006, 9:46:02 PM10/30/06

kula...@gmail.com wrote:
> But if you Amaranth after the disarm, the form of mist continue action
> gets cancelled. Or at least I was told that. Something about the
> blood hunt interrupts the action.
>
> But could you decap?

Why would the bloodhunt interrupt? I haven't seen that.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

The Lasombra

Oct 30, 2006, 9:54:25 PM10/30/06
On 30 Oct 2006 18:46:02 -0800, "XZealot" <xze...@cox.net> wrote:

>kula...@gmail.com wrote:
>> But if you Amaranth after the disarm, the form of mist continue action
>> gets cancelled. Or at least I was told that. Something about the
>> blood hunt interrupts the action.

>> But could you decap?

>Why would the bloodhunt interrupt? I haven't seen that.

Cause Scott said so.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=rulings

# Performing diablerie (via Amaranth) at the end of the combat that is
ended by superior Form of Mist will nullify the "continue action"
effect. [LSJ 19980819]

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/4531588b85bc3c22

Like a new combat, the process of diablerie sufficiently
disrupts the "continue action" effect even though it doesn't
explicitly block the action's continuance.

LSJ

Oct 30, 2006, 10:35:26 PM10/30/06

The referendum disrupts the continuance, yes.
Decap is fine.

XZealot

Oct 30, 2006, 11:15:30 PM10/30/06

Alright, well I guess that falls under the Keep it Simple program that
governs some of the ruling logic.

That and the fact that LSJ, "Lucious" Scott Johnson, has been replace
with LSJ, the Lomonosov Scientific Jumbo-bot, whose sole purpose is to
destroy the world through the use of chaos theory, the internet, and
one word Manchurian Canidate activation phases, most notably the word
"Correct".

.....and they think I'm the one who's crazy.

Blooded Sand

Oct 31, 2006, 1:33:15 PM10/31/06

Norman, you are mistaken. They may think he's crazy, but they KNOW you
are nuts! LOL!
Joke, seriously. I do please not want all kind of dead swamp denizens
to end up at the foot of my bed please. Please? Oh bugger....

JH

Oct 31, 2006, 4:14:12 PM10/31/06
LSJ wrote:
> Jozxyqk wrote:
>> IANLSJ, but I know this one:
>>
>> Vragozakas <vrago...@yahoo.it> wrote:
>>> 1)Enkidu strikes for 3, Anneke strikes for 1, Enkidu gains 1 additional
>>> strike and plays Form of Mist superior, than plays Disarm.
>>
>>> Is it legal?
>>
>> Yes. Disarm is played at the end of the round. If Combat Ends, then the
>> round ends, by definition.
>
> Correct.

So this play I managed to pull against Enkidu was perfectly legal:

My Jaroslav Pascek is acting and Enkidu blocks him. In the first strike
phase Jaroslav strikes for 1, Enkidu strikes with hands, and I play Skin
of Steel at superior to prevent all. We both Pursuit to make second
strikes. Mine is Pushing the Limit, which scares the Enkidu player to
play Earth Meld. After that I played Disarm, which drew a lot of
protests from the Enkidu player and general inquisitiveness around the
table, but was accepted (with slight grumbling) as a legal play.

-----
Just some empty banter to make my silly news server think I am writing
something useful as it believes no news postings should be made with
more quoted text than new text, which I find rather silly especially
when you want to keep everything relevant in the message

LSJ

Nov 1, 2006, 1:20:50 PM11/1/06
JH wrote:
> So this play I managed to pull against Enkidu was perfectly legal:
>
> My Jaroslav Pascek is acting and Enkidu blocks him. In the first strike
> phase Jaroslav strikes for 1, Enkidu strikes with hands, and I play Skin
> of Steel at superior to prevent all. We both Pursuit to make second
> strikes. Mine is Pushing the Limit, which scares the Enkidu player to
> play Earth Meld. After that I played Disarm, which drew a lot of
> protests from the Enkidu player and general inquisitiveness around the
> table, but was accepted (with slight grumbling) as a legal play.

Correct.
Disarm requires "more successful damage" and "close range".
1 is more than 0, and range was close.