LSJ: Mata Hari and Khabar: Glory

Archibald Zimonyi

Apr 6, 2008, 3:29:28 PM4/6/08
Hi all,

if Mata Hari plays Khabar: Glory she is considered Assamite for the
duration of the action, hence I would say she gets untapped. She does
not get the +1 bleed as that is a continous effect.

My two questions are:

Do I understand it correctly that Mata Hari gets to be untapped as an
effect of playing Khabar: Glory?

Do I gain 4 additional pool for ousting my prey?

Thanks,

Archie

James Coupe

Apr 6, 2008, 3:57:56 PM4/6/08
In message <c773b906-d715-46e9...@u36g2000prf.googlegroup

s.com>, Archibald Zimonyi <ar...@aranzo.netg.se> writes:
>if Mata Hari plays Khabar: Glory she is considered Assamite for the
>duration of the action,

No she isn't. She's considered Assamite for the play and resolution of
the card (which happen at either end of the action).

All other effects will see her as her real clan.

>hence I would say she gets untapped.

Right, that's part of the resolution of the card.

>She does
>not get the +1 bleed as that is a continous effect.

Correct.

>Do I understand it correctly that Mata Hari gets to be untapped as an
>effect of playing Khabar: Glory?

Yes.

>Do I gain 4 additional pool for ousting my prey?

Yes.

Why wouldn't you? The card is in play. If you put it on an Assamite
who then untapped and Clan Impersonated to Brujah, would you be having
the same dilemma?

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

LSJ

Apr 6, 2008, 8:13:01 PM4/6/08
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <c773b906-d715-46e9...@u36g2000prf.googlegroup
> s.com>, Archibald Zimonyi <ar...@aranzo.netg.se> writes:
>> if Mata Hari plays Khabar: Glory she is considered Assamite for the
>> duration of the action,
>
> No she isn't. She's considered Assamite for the play and resolution of
> the card (which happen at either end of the action).
>
> All other effects will see her as her real clan.
>
>> hence I would say she gets untapped.
>
> Right, that's part of the resolution of the card.
>
>> She does
>> not get the +1 bleed as that is a continous effect.
>
> Correct.
>
>> Do I understand it correctly that Mata Hari gets to be untapped as an
>> effect of playing Khabar: Glory?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Do I gain 4 additional pool for ousting my prey?
>
> Yes.

Correct.

Archibald Zimonyi

Apr 7, 2008, 2:09:33 AM4/7/08
On 6 Apr, 21:57, James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <c773b906-d715-46e9-b65f-20b8dd81a...@u36g2000prf.googlegroup

> s.com>, Archibald Zimonyi <a...@aranzo.netg.se> writes:
>
> >if Mata Hari plays Khabar: Glory she is considered Assamite for the
> >duration of the action,
>
> No she isn't.  She's considered Assamite for the play and resolution of
> the card (which happen at either end of the action).
>
> All other effects will see her as her real clan.
>
> >hence I would say she gets untapped.
>
> Right, that's part of the resolution of the card.
>
> >She does
> >not get the +1 bleed as that is a continous effect.
>
> Correct.
>
> >Do I understand it correctly that Mata Hari gets to be untapped as an
> >effect of playing Khabar: Glory?
>
> Yes.
>
> >Do I gain 4 additional pool for ousting my prey?
>
> Yes.
>
> Why wouldn't you?  The card is in play.  If you put it on an Assamite
> who then untapped and Clan Impersonated to Brujah, would you be having
> the same dilemma?

Apart from my vague definiton of when Mata Hari can apply her special
(which I actually am aware of fairly well) the post was only to make
sure that I was not misunderstanding any part of her ability or the
applied effects of any card she plays.

First test of the deck will be tonight.

Thanks for the answers,

Archie