LSJ Pressing Flesh question

Martin Tibor Major

Mar 2, 2010, 8:40:24 AM3/2/10
Hi!

My question is:

When I use Pressing Flash to bring back an ally that had discipline
requirements (f.e.: corrupt construction, infernal servitor, etc.) at
what dicipline level will they come back?

Do I know it right that you can use PF on clan specific allys?

Thanks in advance!

LSJ

Mar 2, 2010, 9:40:49 AM3/2/10
On Mar 2, 8:40 am, Martin Tibor Major <major.martin.ti...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> When I use Pressing Flash to bring back an ally that had discipline
> requirements (f.e.: corrupt construction, infernal servitor, etc.) at
> what dicipline level will they come back?

For Pressing Flesh, as with anything, the rule is the same:

If you're having to meet the requirements, then you use the level you
choose (for which you meet the requirements).
If you're not having to meet the requirements, then you use the basic
level.

Pressing Flesh doesn't require you to meet the requirements ("move
that ally ... to your ready region"), so you use the basic level of
that ally (whether or not you can meet stronger requirements).

> Do I know it right that you can use PF on clan specific allys?

You can use PF on allies that require a clan, yes, even if you don't
meet that requirement.

Martin Tibor Major

Mar 2, 2010, 11:06:46 AM3/2/10
Thank you.

YY

Mar 2, 2010, 8:40:07 PM3/2/10
On Mar 2, 10:40 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 8:40 am, Martin Tibor Major <major.martin.ti...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > When I use Pressing Flash to bring back an ally that had discipline
> > requirements (f.e.: corrupt construction, infernal servitor, etc.) at
> > what dicipline level will they come back?
>
> For Pressing Flesh, as with anything, the rule is the same:
>
> If you're having to meet the requirements, then you use the level you
> choose (for which you meet the requirements).
> If you're not having to meet the requirements, then you use the basic
> level.
>
> Pressing Flesh doesn't require you to meet the requirements ("move
> that ally ... to your ready region"), so you use the basic level of
> that ally (whether or not you can meet stronger requirements).

Does the "Search your library for a retainer that requires Animalism"
text on Muricia's Call count has having to meet the requirements?
(i.e. If I employ a Raptor using Muricia's Call, does it have the -1
hand size ability while in play?)

If not, does the same logic apply to all cards which do not
specifically state that requirements and cost, if any, must be met and
paid as normal?

Muricia's Call [BL:R1, LoB:R]
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Animalism & Spiritus
+1 stealth employ retainer action.
[ani] Search your library for a retainer that requires Animalism. This
vampire employs that retainer (pay cost as normal). Shuffle your
library afterward.
[ani][spi] As [ani] above, and the retainer has an additional life.
[ANI][SPI] As [ani][spi] above, and untap this acting vampire at the
end of the turn.
Artist: Brian LeBlanc

Thanks in advance

YY

LSJ

Mar 3, 2010, 7:20:01 AM3/3/10
On Mar 2, 8:40 pm, YY <the1andonl...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 10:40 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > If you're having to meet the requirements, then you use the level you
> > choose (for which you meet the requirements).
> > If you're not having to meet the requirements, then you use the basic
> > level.
>
> Does the "Search your library for a retainer that requires Animalism"
> text on Muricia's Call count has having to meet the requirements?
> (i.e. If I employ a Raptor using Muricia's Call, does it have the -1
> hand size ability while in play?)

Searching requires ani (or ani-spi or ANI-SPI).

The effect that you're asking about is:

Does the "This vampire employs that retainer" text on Muricia's Call
count as having to meet the requirements?

Yes. "Employ" means the minion has to meet the requirements.

Meej

Mar 3, 2010, 11:23:31 AM3/3/10
On Mar 3, 7:20 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 8:40 pm, YY <the1andonl...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 2, 10:40 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > > If you're having to meet the requirements, then you use the level you
> > > choose (for which you meet the requirements).
> > > If you're not having to meet the requirements, then you use the basic
> > > level.
>
> > Does the "Search your library for a retainer that requires Animalism"
> > text on Muricia's Call count has having to meet the requirements?
> > (i.e. If I employ a Raptor using Muricia's Call, does it have the -1
> > hand size ability while in play?)
>
> Searching requires ani (or ani-spi or ANI-SPI).

Not completely a moot point, though; an Inceptor'ed 1-cap could have
the ability to play Muricia's Call, but apparently without a copy of
that Animalism-requiring retainer wouldn't be able to meet those
requirements. Just pointing that out.

- D.J.

Jozxyqk

Mar 3, 2010, 11:49:35 AM3/3/10

Meej

Mar 3, 2010, 12:05:31 PM3/3/10
On Mar 3, 11:49 am, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:

Ian's not limited regarding which cards he meets requirements for.

I'm not sure - couldn't he meet the Ani requirement for Muricia's
Call, and then separately meet the Ani requirement on the Jackal
('cause everyone loves Jackal) that he gets with the Muricia's?

- D.J.

Jozxyqk

Mar 3, 2010, 12:07:27 PM3/3/10
Meej <djch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You could have just said "Ian Forestal", DJ :)

> Ian's not limited regarding which cards he meets requirements for.

> I'm not sure - couldn't he meet the Ani requirement for Muricia's
> Call, and then separately meet the Ani requirement on the Jackal
> ('cause everyone loves Jackal) that he gets with the Muricia's?

I'd say yes because of this semi-related question:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/492b57734195f5bb

Salem

Mar 6, 2010, 11:24:56 PM3/6/10

and while we're asking about Pressing Flesh, if I use it on a Reanimated
Corpse, it will assume X=0, and thus immediately be removed from the
game due to no pathos counters?

--
salem

LSJ

Mar 7, 2010, 7:29:43 AM3/7/10
On Mar 6, 11:24 pm, Salem <kella...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> and while we're asking about Pressing Flesh, if I use it on a Reanimated
> Corpse, it will assume X=0, and thus immediately be removed from the
> game due to no pathos counters?

Correct. [SALEM 15-OCT-07]
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/89112ee0d3b22141

Salem